Welcome to the Sept. Issue of Insecticides China News.
This newsletter will help you stay ahead of the game in this fast-changing market with real-time reporting on the entire insecticide industry chain, from raw materials to end consumption. It includes breaking news from China and abroad, the latest market data (price, import & export, production, consumption, operating rates, etc.), in-depth analysis of market trends, and expert commentary from industry insiders.
Here is the Editor's Note for you to know about the Sept. issue specifically:
Prices of insecticides TC remained high in Sept. this month. In particular, that of methomyl TC surged because of a tight supply of intermediate methomyl-oxime; from early Sept. to late Sept., prices were up by 3%.
Yangnong Chemical will accelerate Jiangsu Youjia's third phase of project, which includes 11,475 t/a of insecticides (pyrethroid insecticides, metoxadiazone, and chlorfluazuron), 1,000 t/a of herbicides (tribenuron-methyl, thidiazuron, and haloxyfop-R-methyl), and 3,000 t/a of fungicides (propiconazol and difenoconazole), as well as 2,500 t/a of chloroacetophenone and 37,384 t/a of by-products.
Yetian Agricultural will have an optimised product mix for pesticides TC; Bayer launched its brand new household pest control project in early Sept.; Inner Mongolia Yuanzheng will trial-produce 2-chloro-5-methylpyridine this Nov.
Jiangsu Province has been working on the accelerated upgrading of several industries including chemicals. Chlorpyrifos, triazophos, and imidacloprid will be the insecticides affected; major producers like Jiangsu Kwin will also be negatively affected by the policy.
As well, some local governments released higher standards for the chemical industry in order to see better development of the industry; according to these official documents, new chemical projects will be prohibited in some areas.
As of early Sept., pests and diseases occurred slightly-moderately in middle rice fields of South China and the Jiangnan region, and in single-cropping rice fields in Northeast China. Also, more larvae of rice leaf rollers will be seen in the middle and lower reaches of Yangtze River given the presence of many moths.
Internationally, chlorpyrifos will possibly be banned in Thailand, together with paraquat and glyphosate. The US has levied additional tariffs of 10% on 5,000 items of Chinese imports, including some insecticides.
Insecticides China E-News is a monthly published newsletter, which can be downloaded in PDF format. The subscription mode for this newsletter is yearly and the subscriber will receive 12 issues per year.
Table of Contents
Column 1 Company Dynamics
- Yangnong Chemical to accelerate project development
- Qingdao Hailir sees improved financial performance in H1 2018
- Yetian Agricultural to have optimised product mix
- Xianlong Chemical's relocation progresses smoothly
- Bayer launches project targeting household pests
- Jiangsu Tuoqiu plans financial leasing
- Inner Mongolia Yuanzheng to trial-produce 2-chloro-5-methylpyridine in November
- Lianhetech Yancheng fined
Column 2 Market Dynamics
- Chlorpyrifos to be banned in Thailand
- Buprofezin TC prices keep rising
- Insecticides TC prices remain high in early September
- New insecticide Gracia to be launched in Japan and South Korea
- Number of chemical enterprises in Guanyun County to decrease to 30
- MBI announces distribution partnership with Hop Tri in Vietnam
- US imposes additional tariffs on some Chinese insecticides
- Methomyl TC prices keep rising in September
Column 3 Policy Dynamics
- Jiangsu Province to accelerate chemical industry upgrading
- New chemical projects to be banned in some areas
Column 4 Registration
- Fifteen insecticides TC registered in China in August
Column 5 Pest
- Pests moderately occur on middle and late rice
Column 6 Price Update
- Ex-works prices of major insecticides in China, 8 Sept., 2018
- Shanghai Port prices of major insecticides in China, 8 Sept., 2018
- FOB Shanghai prices of major insecticides in China, 8 Sept., 2018