ABI Research's M2M, IoT & IoE market intelligence provides a 360-degree view of the IoT value chain across devices, connectivity, and
services. Our extensive research, which includes data, trend, and forecast reports, uncovers emerging trends and predictions for market
growth across connections (fixed, satellite, cellular, short-range wireless), connection management, IoT platforms, data and analytics, security,
and professional services. We explore go-to-market strategies and leading business models expected to transform IoT product and service
consumptions, as well as internal organizational structures and partner relationships, to help technology implementers best navigate the
TOP QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE FROM INDUSTRY INNOVATORS:
- How can we improve our go-to-market plan for our IoE initiatives?
- What is the end-to-end value chain view of the connections and revenues generated by suppliers in the IoT value chain?
- Where does my company fit on the IoT value chain?
- How can my company better bridge the OT/IT divide with our IoT solutions?
- How does my company utilize big data and analytics services? Where is there room for improvement?
- Do my company's current and upcoming products fit into the IoE ecosystem?
- Should my company be engaging in an IoT partner program?
- What companies should we consider acquiring with superior or complementary IoE technologies?
- Which companies would offer my organization the best benefits in an IoT partner program?
- Benchmarking: Where do I sit relative to other competitors in my application segment, industry vertical or service market?
- Partnerships: Who are the IoT leaders in each value chain segment; who are IoT leaders in each vertical market?
- Should my company use an IoT platform to build applications, or should my company DIY the applications by leveraging our local system integrators (SIs) and value-added-resellers (VARs)?
- What are the key differentiators for suppliers offering IoT analytics services?
- What organizational challenges should my company expect when switching from a product-led to a service-led model?
- What IoT application segments should my company target?
- How should my organization assess IoT opportunities? How can we build an IoT strategy aligning internal resources, suppliers, and customers?
- Should my company use cellular or LoRA wireless connectivity, or should we wait until 5G instead?
- IoT Market Tracker
- IoT gateways
- IoT ecosystem
- IoT data services
- IoT data governance
- IoT marketplaces
- IoT cellular module vendors
- Big data and IoT analytics
- Cloud services
- Industrial Internet
- IoT SIs, VARs and partner programs
- IoT partner programs
- Sensor network platforms and services
- Edge analytics
- IoT application markets
- IoT business models and best practices
Asset Tracking: Market Opportunities in the Era of LPWA
Asset tracking solutions have evolved from processing asset tracking data periodically in batches to near-real-time through the integration of hardware, software, and processes. A number of industries have adopted IoT-based asset tracking using Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) Network connectivity technologies to derive valuable insights to deliver more efficient operations.
This report analyzes the asset tracking market, which includes location tracking of stationary or slow-moving assets. This analysis includes asset tracking solutions where location tracking as an application is the entry point for solution providers to offer other value-added monitoring of environmental conditions, such as light, temperature, humidity, pressure, altitude, etc.
The report introduces different connectivity technologies which includes both short-range wireless and Wide area network technologies but focuses on Low-Power Wide-Area (LPWA) network technologies that are seen as popular WAN connectivity choices to connect battery powered sensor devices used for geolocation and asset tracking solutions.