ABI Research's Smart Home market intelligence dives deep into the range of new hardware, services, and platforms infiltrating the
consumer IoT space. Our extensive research, which includes data, trend, and forecast reports, examines how next-generation homes
influence, and are impacted by, adjacent sectors, including energy, automotive, mobile and OTT services, robotics, and healthcare. We
inherently look at friction points and the drivers in a competitive market to provide technology implementers with authoritative insight to
help them navigate through the insurance, consumer convenience, infotainment, well-being, sustainability, energy efficiency, and housing
challenges of today's smart homes.
TOP QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE FROM INDUSTRY INNOVATORS:
- What challenges and opportunities will mobile integration present in the smart home?
- How can my company best equip our new products to seamlessly integrate with our clients' existing smart home devices?
- What are the availability, value, and access restrictions of smart home data?
- Which wireless technologies should my company consider implementing in its devices?
- What types of devices need connectivity? What level of connectivity?
- What kinds of partnerships need to be established to effectively integrated connected devices into a wider smart home system?
- What kinds of partnerships need to be established to bring connectivity into my company's existing devices?
- What are the smart home revenue opportunities for my company?
- What friction points exist in the smart home industry?
- What cybersecurity risks does a connected smart home pose?
- What are the core revenue streams in the smart home market?
- How do existing home service providers adapt, integrate, and benefit from smart home development?
- What are the regional disparities in incentives and infrastructure for smart home development?
- What are the long-term revenue drivers for the smart home?
- Smart home device shipments and forecasts
- Market segmentation and system shipments by installer, managed, and DIY smart home market
- The battle for smart home RF connectivity and data integration through ZigBee, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi, Thread, OCF, AllSeen, HomeKit, Thread, and others
- Smart home and mobile integration
- Smart home and the smart car
- Integrating smart home and entertainment services
- Smart home healthcare integration
- Smart home connectivity and management
- Smart homes and the sharing economy
- Smart homes and smart cities
- Smart homes and zero emission housing
- Retailer strategies for smart homes and services
- Big data and analytics in the smart home
- Installer strategies for smart homes and services
- Next-generation services, including energy management
- Smart home network security
Smart Home Ecosystem Infographic
While the global smart home market is expected to reach US$123 billion by 2022, up from US$56 billion in 2018, today's smart home ecosystem is immensely complicated, and it will need to diversify and be more collaborative so vendors can increase their market share. ABI Research's strategic Smart Home Ecosystem Infographic identifies more than 150 vendors in six main service sectors, including Home Entertainment & Media Management, Energy Management, Security, Home Maintenance, Health, and Personalization. Each service sector has an array of platform providers, such as Amazon and Samsung in Health and Apple, ADT, AT&T and Google in Home Maintenance, as well as numerous solutions and suppliers ranging from voice control and smart plugs to Electrical Vehicle (EV) chargers and radiator valves.
This infographic provides vision on where players need to position themselves to maximize their return on investment, create new revenue streams, identify which channel partners will maximize their go-to-market strategies and zero in on the real competitors for mergers and acquisitions as well as product development.