Analysys Mason's Analytics Software Strategies programme provides research on and in-depth analysis of trends and vendors in the analytics market, as well as examples of how communications service providers (CSPs) implement different uses of analytics solutions. It is designed for both CSPs and vendors to help them understand how analytics address business processes, what the benefits are, and how to create the operational frameworks needed to implement innovative analytics solutions.
The programme provides a consolidated set of business examples of how analytics are being applied within CSPs today and how these are supported operationally by analytics and related systems. The programme also examines the impact that so-called 'big data' is having on established systems and its potential benefits.
We evaluate CSPs' successes and failures with analytics projects, compare leading software and solution suppliers, and identify the primary factors contributing to investments in this market segment, including the segmentation of the market through different use cases.
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- understand industry best practices for implementing analytics solutions
- understand the positioning of products and vendors in the analytics market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- establish a clear position for your investments in technologies and services.
Some of the issues we address include:
- the impact of big data requirements on analytics requirements
- where analytics are being deployed and which vendors are best suited to succeed in the market
- the deployment choices and decision that need to be considered before rolling out an enterprise-wide analytics solution.
- Looking at how analytics is driving changes to current business models and the benefits that CSPs can achieve.
- The operational frameworks that are being used for implementing analytics tools and the supporting infrastructure that is needed.
- Analysis of vendors that provide software solutions in supporting analytics led business processes.
- Provision of an analytics market taxonomy.
- Building new business models based on analytics: Analytics capabilities not only enhance established business processes, but can also be used to create new ones.
- Implementation of an enterprise-wide analytics framework: The programme helps CSPs to create a framework that supports their current and future needs for analytics. It considers the importance of ensuring that data is used consistently, efficiently and in a timely fashion to enhance established processes and support initiatives.
- Supporting big data: The programme defines ‘big data', identifies what and how processes can best use it, and determines which software tools and systems are needed.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect the following:
- A strategic report: building a strategic framework for analytics.
- Viewpoints: targeted analysis of specific analytics use cases (best-practice case studies, innovative business models, forecasts of specific services, technology trends).
- Comments: informed opinion on the latest industry developments.
- Case studies: examples of CSP analytics deployments.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.