Analysys Mason's Digital Economy Software Strategies research programme provides research and in-depth analysis of communications service providers' (CSPs') entry into the digital economy. It includes analyses of operational core competencies, CSP business and operations support use cases, and vendor and partner capabilities. It also provides in-depth information on not only what the CSPs are doing to participate in the digital economy value chain, but also how they are doing it, operationally. As such, it is a companion to other Analysys Mason research programmes that examine demand-side drivers.
This programme is targeted towards CMOs and CIOs, and their staff, who hold the key responsibilities of deciding which of the many new business opportunities CSPs should pursue, and how to support these new businesses with efficiency and excellent customer service. To do this effectively will require that CSPs use their established systems and core operational and strategic competencies.
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- understand best industry operations practices for entry into new businesses and new positions in the digital economy value chain
- decide how and where to use current operational practices and tools, or implement new ones
- make informed tactical and strategic decisions on BSS and OSS software technology investments.
The programme focuses on software strategies that will enable a CSP to:
- capture a larger portion of the value that businesses derive from digital retailing by taking up a position in key links in the value chain
- utilise its strengths to enter new digital economy businesses
- protect against over-the-top (OTT) players that compete directly with its services
- use modern digital retailing techniques to better sell the services and goods it offers to consumers and businesses.
Most research providers will only tell you that “you should.” We describe “how.”
- Entering new businesses: Software strategies for entering and supporting M2M, billing services and cloud-based services for B2C and B2B markets.
- Enabling new entrepreneurial businesses: Software strategies for opening network APIs and providing operational support to encourage businesses' innovative uses of CSPs' services.
- Becoming a modern e-tailer: CSP operations architecture for multi-channel marketing of personalised services and goods, using modern retail techniques.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect:
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to CSPs' entry into the digital economy value chain
- Viewpoints: cover a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. Includes a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years
- Comments: concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments
- Case studies: real-world studies of CSP offerings in digital economy services and the operations to enable them
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.