Analysys Mason's Global Telecoms Forecasts research programme provides
detailed 5-year forecasts of the fixed and mobile telecoms markets for 8
regions and more than 50 key countries. We provide insightful, well-supported,
timely forecasts for more than 60 fixed, mobile and broadband KPIs, based on:
- a robust and proven modelling engine
- a detailed, fact-based set of model inputs and well-documented
assumptions, which are adjusted with each update to take into account market
and technology trends
- a thorough understanding of telecoms dynamics in each region and in
individual countries, checked by on-the-ground market experts from our
Research and Consulting divisions.
In addition to our unique set of historical data on telecoms services and
revenue, the forecasts draw on the specialist knowledge contained in our
topic-focused research programmes.
The Global Telecoms Forecasts programme provides a one-stop source
for the most-critical telecoms forecast metrics, and is an essential tool for
business and investment planning, financial modelling, and successful strategy
Market commentary by lead analyst
“Analysys Mason's 15-year experience in forecasting telecoms demand and revenue enables us to provide this critical insight into the future of telecoms.” William Hare
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect:
- 5-year forecasts for more than 50 countries in 8 regions: more than 60 market KPIs, delivered as Excel format workbooks
- bi-annual updates: our worldwide forecasts are updated twice each year (in the first and third quarters), while forecasts for each region are updated on a rolling basis
- coverage of key metrics, including: connections/subscribers and revenue for fixed and mobile telecoms services, split by: technology and service type (including voice, broadband, IPTV and the underlying technologies for fixed services); and prepaid/contract and technology generation (2G, 3G and 4G)
- PowerPoint reports: the accompanying PowerPoint reports - one global report, and one for each region - discuss market trends and forecast highlights
- access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Analysys Mason's Global Telecoms Forecasts research programme provides five-year forecasts of the following market KPIs:
- Subscribers and mobile penetration split by:
- contract type (prepaid/contract) and technology generation
- connection type (handset, mobile broadband and M2M).
- split by type (smartphone and non-smartphone)
- penetration rate.
- Service and retail revenue:
- split by contract type (prepaid/contract)
- split by service type (voice, messaging data, mobile broadband and handset data)
- as a percentage of GDP
- per capita.
- Service ARPU split by:
- contract type
- service type (handset voice and handset non-voice).
- Traffic - total network voice traffic, outgoing voice traffic.
- Connections by technology (DSL, cable, fibre and other)
- Retail revenue by technology (DSL, cable, fibre and other).
- Connections by service type (voice, dial-up and IPTV)
- Service and retail revenue by service type (fixed voice, dial-up, fixed broadband, IPTV and business network services)
- Outgoing voice traffic.
Analysys Mason's Core Forecasts research programme provides five-year forecasts for the following regions and key countries within those regions:
Central and Eastern Europe
- Czech Republic
The Middle East and North Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Note: Forecasts for other countries in Europe are provided in our European Core Forecasts research programme. The full list comprises: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK in Western Europe; and Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey and Ukraine in Central and Eastern Europe.