A Systematic Methodology
Finding and properly assessing strong sources of epidemiological data is more important than ever before in the age of evidence-based medicine. At Black Swan Analysis, we ensure that each disease area utilises a multitude of relevant and high-quality sources that are validated using internal and external sources to build an extensive, accurate online database.
- Using rigorous search algorithms, we extract the latest data and research. Stringent review criteria are employed to scrutinize data relevance.
- Data is analysed using tools and methods including meta-analyses, logistic regression and patient models to interrogate data.
- Datasets are peer-reviewed by our team of experts to ensure that they are comprehensive and relevant.
- ease areas are published online to the EpiomicTM Database for timely access.
The Epiomic™ Database
liable data source to better understand your patient population
The Epiomic™ Database is an evidence-based source for patient populations . Going beyond basic prevalence or incidence, patient populations are segmented according to biomarkers, clinical parameters and/or co-morbid conditions.
By providing more detailed segmentation, these refined populations provide the fundamental building blocks for more accurate and robust asset valuations and forecasts .
Utilising the latest research, datasets are constructed using a wide variety of sources and reliable tools and techniques, resulting in a strong and defendable analysis of the epidemiology.
The Epiomic™ Database covers a comprehensive range of over 200 prominent and rare diseases, including over 9,500 sub-populations, organised into 15 therapeutic categories. Each category includes all relevant diseases for the therapy area with easy navigation between diseases. The data shows a 10-year adjustable forecast (up to 2100) split by gender and 5-year age cohorts giving a very detailed perspective of each condition's population.
- 15 Therapeutic categories
- 200+ Diseases
- 9,500+ Sub-populations
Robust and Reliable
- The Epiomic™ Database is rigorous enough to stand up to scrutiny from regulatory bodies.
Rare Disease Coverage
- Applying proprietary incidence disease modelling techniques which incorporate the often-limited patient data available for rare diseases, we have generated estimated numbers of patients for 35+ rare diseases.
- Utilising the most up-to-date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies we have generated accurate patient population estimates. All diseases are routinely updated every 12 months, with more frequent updates to diseases of greater interest and focus on publications.
Breadth and Depth
- Covering 200+ diseases and data for over 27 countries and continuously growing
- Including 9,500+ unique sub-populations
- Extensive in-patient data: hospital admissions and procedures data is available by ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes
- Subscribers can select data for a 10-year (adjustable) forecast period split by gender and 5-year age cohort
- Biometric distributions: specify cut-points for population distributions, such as blood pressure, lipid profile, lung function, BMI, kidney function etc, to generate unique patient segments within the overall disease
- An intuitive online interface makes it simple to navigate through the site and filtering different diseases and sub-populations. With rapid access to data, easy extraction and quick Excel downloads
Targeted Solutions to Match Your Business Needs
Choose from options such as annual online database subscription, ready-to-use disease reports or completely customised analysis with extensive analyst support.
*Online subscribers have instant access to live data updates. Data reports can be customised and delivered within 24 hours of request depending on the level of customisation requested. Delivery of fully custom analysis depends on scope but tends to be within 3-4 weeks.
The EpiomicTM Database provides global coverage to make business decisions clear .
A minimum of 85% of indications are covered for 27 major global markets
This is a live database and is updated regularly.
We can help with;
- Independent review and analysis of your current data
- Quantifying eligible populations for unique asset indication labels
- Providing customised data that is easy to use
- Supporting documentation and detailed explanations for regulatory submissions and due diligence