The Epiomic™ database is a robust, evidence-based source for patient populations. Going beyond basic prevalence or incidence, patient populations are segmented according to biomarkers, clinical parameters and co-morbid conditions.
By providing more detailed segmentation, these refined populations provide the fundamental building blocks for more accurate & robust PRODUCT VALUATIONS and FORECASTS.
Utilising the latest research, datasets are constructed using a large number of sources and robust tools & techniques, resulting in a robust & defendable analysis of the epidemiology.
World Class Sources
A unique database
The Epiomic™ database is different from other commercially available databases:
- Robust & Reliable - rigorous enough to stand up to scrutiny from regulatory bodies.
- Rare disease coverage - applying proprietary incidence disease modelling techniques which incorporate the often-limited patient data available for rare diseases, we have generated estimated numbers of patients for 35+ rare diseases.
- Quality - utilising the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies to generate accurate patient population estimates. All diseases are routinely updated every 6 to 12 months, with more frequent updates to diseases of greater interest and focus of publications.
- Breadth and depth - covering over 160+ diseases which include over 11,500+ unique subpopulations.
- Extensive Inpatient data - hospital admissions & procedures data is available by ICD-9 code at the 3-digit level.
- Flexibility - subscribers can select disease data for a 10-year (adjustable) forecast period split by gender and 5-year age cohort.
- Intuitive - the online interface that makes it simple to navigate through the site and between different diseases and sub-populations. With rapid access to data, easy extraction and quick Excel downloads.
- Biometric distributions - specify cut-points for population distributions such as; blood pressure, lipid profile, lung function, BMI, kidney function etc, to generate unique patient segments within the overall disease.
The Epiomic™ database covers a comprehensive range of over 160 prominent & rare diseases, including over 11,500 sub-populations, organised into 15 therapeutic categories. Each category includes all relevant diseases for the therapy area with easy navigation between diseases. The data shows a 10-year (adjustable) forecast split by gender, and 5-year age cohort giving a very detailed perspective of a treatment eligible population.
Patient populations are fully available for 19 leading global markets. These 19 markets are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea*
*- Some indications are not covered due to lack of available data. A minimum of 80% of indications are covered.
We also have additional country coverage available, including:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Because the data is constantly updated, please check the website for current country coverage for your selected disease.
Access to Epiomic™ Data
To ensure the greatest flexibility for customers, there are a range of subscription packages available:
Core Packages - A core subscription package is required
- Essentials: Covers 50 core diseases across 10 major markets*
- Universe Includes the entire database with access to 160+ diseases, all available markets, Hospital Admissions and Hospital Procedures
*10 Major Markets = USA, Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland & Turkey
Disease Packs - additional diseases to supplement your core subscription
- Oncology: Access to the full range of oncoglogy data
- Rare Diseases: Access to the full range of rare diseases
- Ophthalmology: Access to an additional 15 ophthalmic conditons
- Enhanced Diseases: Access to over 30 additional diseases not available in any other pack
- Hospital Admissions: Access to the in-patient hospital admission dataset
- Hospital Procedures: Access to the in-patient hospital procedures dataset
Region Packs - expanded geographic coverage to supplement your core subscription
- BRIC: Access to data for Brazil, Russia, India & China
- EU-28: Access to additional to addional EU countries
- Asia-Pac: Access to data for Australia, China, Indonesia, Singapore, South Korea
- LATAM : Access to data for Brazil, Argentina and Mexico
- Nordics : Access to data for Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden
- RoW Pack : Access to data for additional countries not available in any other pack