"In EMAP, the key factors that influence mobile customer satisfaction and choice of operator are price, speed and data allowance size."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's ‘Connected Consumer Survey’ that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in emerging Asia-Pacific (EMAP). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of mobile services and devices. The survey was conducted in association with On Device Research between September and October 2018.
This report answers the following questions:
- How well do operators perform as smartphone sales channels, and how does their performance relate to consumers' choice of tariffs?
- What role does the handset play in customer retention and acquisition?
- What impact does 4G have on mobile users' spend and engagement with their smartphones?
- What is the effect of 4G on customer satisfaction?
- What is the relationship between data usage and spend?
- What is the level of awareness of 5G technology, and to what extent are customers interested in the new use cases planned for 5G?
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE:
The survey was conducted in association with On Device Research between September and October 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in the region. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. Each country had a minimum of 1000 respondents, and 5000 in the region.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Devices and channels
- 4G, 5G and value-added services
- Data usage and satisfaction
- Methodology and panel information
- About the author and Analysys Mason