"In 2017, communications service providers focused on rationalising and retiring tools, and deployed new technology to automate assurance processes."
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific automated assurance (AA) software systems and related services for 2017.
The continuing transition of assurance systems to support network function virtualisation/software-defined networking (NFV/SDN) - coupled with the slow operationalisation of NFV/SDN and the take-up of associated solutions - caused the market to decline by 4%.
Product revenue dropped more sharply, but CSPs continued to engage with vendors on services. NETSCOUT retained the top spot. The key areas of investment included the automation of fault and incident management, network operations centres (NOC) consolidation, service quality and customer experience assurance using a service operations centre (SOC), and the increased application of analytics to generate actionable insights and drive automation.
THIS MARKET SHARE REPORT PROVIDES:
- detailed market share data for the automated assurance software systems market overall, as well as five sub-segments:
- probe systems
- service management (SM)
- fault and event management (FM)
- performance monitoring (PM)
- workforce automation
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- detailed profiles of 26 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
- Accanto Systems
- BMC Software
- CA Technologies
- Dell EMC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Huawei Technologies
- MYCOM OSI
- NETSCOUT Systems
- Resolve Systems
- Spirent Communications
- Viavi Solutions