"Lifting barriers to VoIP traffic has revealed unmet mobile data demand that operators can monetise."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and paid-for online video services.
- identifies which communications apps are used most in the Middle East and North Africa
- highlights the pockets of growth left in the OTT communication market
- identifies which app features are used most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies which paid-for online video services are most popular in the Middle East and North Africa.
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE:
The research was conducted between August and October 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in the Middle East and North Africa. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 750 respondents per country.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- OTT communication and paid-for online video services
- Methodology and panel information
- About the authors and Analysys Mason