The global market for nitrogen gas is estimated to increase from $17.4 billion in 2022 to reach $21.1 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% during the forecast period of 2022 through 2027.
North American market for nitrogen gas is estimated to increase from $4.5 billion in 2022 to reach $5.4 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period of 2022 through 2027.
Asia-Pacific market for nitrogen gas is estimated to increase from $8.0 billion in 2022 to reach $9.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period of 2022 through 2027.
The report analysis the global nitrogen gas market based on segmentation of form, end user and distribution channel. These segmentations are further analyzed at global, regional and country levels.
The base year considered for analyses is 2021, while the market estimates and forecasts are given from 2022 to 2027. The market estimates are only provided in terms of revenue in USD millions.
As the family of nitrogen gas is extremely vast in nature, we will only be considering nitrogen gas of purity 95% and above, in order to provide high accuracy and clarity. In addition to this, we have excluded all mixed gases and included only pure nitrogen gas. Revenue generated from sales of nitrogen generators is also excluded.
The scope of end-user industries includes -
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Fresh and packaged food processing, storage and packaging.
- Chemicals and refining (include downstream-refining and petrochemicals):
- Healthcare (includes the medical, treatment and pharmaceutical sectors).
- Oil and gas (include upstream and midstream):
Enhanced oil recovery.
- Electronics and semiconductor-electronic soldering.
- Metal production and fabrication:
Research and laboratories.
- 101 data tables and 22 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for nitrogen gas within the chemicals industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic market revenue/sales data for 2020 and 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the upcoming market potential for nitrogen gas, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for nitrogen gas consumption, projected growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis form, production technology, end-user industry, and region
- Technology assessment of the key drivers, restraints and opportunities that will shape the market for nitrogen gas over the forecast period (2021 to 2027)
- Country specific data and market value analysis for the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea, U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Middle East, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), and Other Central and Eastern European (CEE) Countries
- Insight into the ongoing research activities, key technology issues, industry specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and COVID-19 impact on the global nitrogen gas market
- Updated information on key developments in the global nitrogen gas market, 2019-2022
- Identification of the major stakeholders in the global nitrogen gas market, and analysis of their competitive landscape and market positioning based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the major global players, including Air Liquide, Air Products Inc., Air Water Inc., Linde plc, Messer Group GmbH and Nippon Sanso Holdings Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Market Background
- Purity of Nitrogen Gas
- Ultra-High Purity Nitrogen Gas
- High Purity Nitrogen Gas
- Low Purity Nitrogen Gas
- Oxygen-Free Nitrogen Gas (OFN)
- Purity Grades of Nitrogen Gas by Application
- Nitrogen Production
- Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA)
- Cryogenic Fractional Distillation
- Membrane Nitrogen Generation
- Nitrogen Distribution Process
- On-site or Tonnage
- Packaged Gas
- Nitrogen Trade
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Dynamics
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Nitrogen Gas Market
- Pricing Overview
Chapter 5 Nitrogen Gas Market Analysis by Form
- Gaseous Nitrogen
- Liquid Nitrogen
Chapter 6 Nitrogen Gas Market Analysis by Technology
- Fractional Distillation
- Mechanical Separation
Chapter 7 Nitrogen Gas Market Analysis by End-User Industry
- Food and Beverages
- Nitrogen Flushing
- Modified Atmospheric Packaging
- Chemicals and Refining
- Electronics and Semiconductor
- Metal Production and Fabrication
- Oil and Gas
Chapter 8 Nitrogen Gas Market Analysis by Region
- Global Market
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Central and Eastern European (CEE) Countries
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East and Africa
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
- Market Competitiveness
- Market Player Positioning
- New Developments
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- AIR PRODUCTS INC.
- AIR LIQUIDE
- AIR WATER INC.
- CANAIR NITROGEN INC.
- CHENGDU TAIYU INDUSTRIAL GASES CO., LTD.
- ELLENBARRIE INDUSTRIAL GASES LTD. (EIGL)
- GULF CRYO
- INOX-AIR PRODUCTS INC.
- LINDE PLC
- MESSER GROUP GMBH
- MATHESON TRI-GAS INC.
- SOUTHERN INDUSTRIAL GAS SDN. BHD.
- TOAGOSEI CO., LTD.
- TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORP.
- UNIVERSAL INDUSTRIAL GASES INC.
- YINGDE GASES
Chapter 11 Appendix: Acronyms