The global market for blockchain technology in healthcare reached $386.8 million in 2021. The market is estimated to increase from $640.7 million in 2022 to $7.0 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 61.1% from 2022 through 2027.
North American market for blockchain technology in healthcare is estimated to increase from $280.3 million in 2022 to $2.7 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 57.2% from 2022 through 2027.
Asia-Pacific market for blockchain technology in healthcare is estimated to increase from $121.9 million in 2022 to $1.6 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 67.0% from 2022 through 2027.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on deployment mode, end user, application, and geography. The report provides an overview of the global blockchain technologies in the healthcare market and analyzes market trends. Using 2021 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period of 2022-2027. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of blockchain solution providers.
The report covers the market for blockchain about the user base across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for blockchain in 2021 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2027.
The scope of the study includes the blockchain development platform and associated services as well as services associated with the platform. However, cryptocurrency wallets and mobile applications developed in the blockchain platform, predeveloped blockchain applications, and physical services have been excluded from the study.
- 43 data tables and 42 additional tables
- An up-to-date review of the global markets for blockchain technology in healthcare industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with historic market revenue data for 2021, estimates for 2022, 2023 and 2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for blockchain technology in healthcare, projected growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by deployment mode, application, end-user, and geographic region
- Technology assessment of the key drivers, restraints and opportunities that will shape this market over the next few years (2022 to 2027)
- Description of blockchain technology applications in clinical trials, drug traceability, electronic health records (EHRs), precision medicine, and others including genomics research
- In-depth information on increasing investments on R&D activities, key technology issues, industry specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Updated information on the key mergers and acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, product launches, and other development strategies within the market for blockchain technology in healthcare
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading market players, including Coral Health Inc., doc.ai Inc., IBM Corp., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Microsoft Corp., and Oracle Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- What's New in This Update?
- Intended Audiences
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Evolution of Blockchain Technology
- Origin of Blockchain
- Development of Blockchain
- Market Trends
- Rising Application of Blockchain in Healthcare Claims and Billing
- Funding, Investment, and Pilot Projects Acting as a Catalysts of Growth
- Increasing Application of Blockchain Technology in Untapped Medical Fields
- Trends in Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- Blockchain for Enhanced Collaboration and Interoperability
- Decentralized Credentials Exchange
- Tracking Prescription Drugs
- Smart Contracts in Healthcare
- Market Overview
- Growing Adoption of Blockchain Technology
- Technical Applications
- Advantages of Blockchain in Healthcare
- Market Dynamics
- Blockchain Application Areas
- Drug Discovery and Pharmaceutical Research
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Fraud Detection
- Billing Claims Management
- Healthcare Data Management
- Future of Blockchain in Healthcare
- Impact of COVID-19 on Blockchain Technology in the Healthcare Market
- Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Investments/Funding of Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- Patent Analysis
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Consumers
- Threat of Substitutes
- Threat of New Entrants
- Degree of Competition
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Deployment Mode
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by End User
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Insurance Providers
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application
- Supply Chain Management
- Clinical Data Exchange and Interoperability
- Claims Adjustment and Billing Management
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Top Companies
- Strategic Analysis
- Key Collaborations and Partnerships
- Key Product Launches and Developments
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- ACCENTURE PLC
- AUGUSTA HITECH SOFT SOLUTIONS
- BITFURY HOLDING B.V.
- BURSTIQ LLC
- CORAL HEALTH
- DENTACOIN B.V.
- DOC.AI INC.
- GEM HEALTH
- HASHED HEALTH
- HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
- INFOSYS LTD.
- INTEL CORP.
- INTELLECTSOFT LLC
- IRYO D.O.O.
- ISOLVE LLC
- MEDICALCHAIN SA
- MEDVICE ENTERPRISES BV
- MEDX PROTOCOL
- MICROSOFT CORP.
- ORACLE CORP.
- POKITDOK INC.
- QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC.
- R3 HOLDCO LLC
- SHIVOM VENTURES LTD.
- SIMPLYVITAL HEALTH INC.
- SPIRITUS PARTNERS INC.
- SOLVE.CARE FOUNDATION OU
- TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (TCS) LTD.
Chapter 10 Appendix: Acronyms