The global biopsy devices market should reach $3.1 billion by 2027 from $2.2 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% for the forecast period of 2022 to 2027.
North American biopsy devices market is expected to grow from $976.9 million in 2022 to $1.4 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of 7.1% for the forecast period of 2022 to 2027.
Asia-Pacific biopsy devices market is expected to grow from $487.6 million in 2022 to $711.9 million in 2027 at a CAGR of 7.9% for the forecast period of 2022 to 2027.
This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the global market for biopsy devices, segmented by product type, imaging technique, application, end user and geographic markets. It discusses key devices (vacuum-assisted biopsy [VAB] devices, fine needle aspiration biopsy [FNAB] devices, core needle biopsy [CNB] devices, biopsy guidance systems, biopsy needles, biopsy forceps and others). Applications include trends and market estimates of key application areas (breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer, prostate cancer and cervical cancer, among others). This report focuses on key imaging technologies used in the process of performing biopsies (ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging [MRI], computed tomography [CT] and others). The report also reviews the supply chain from manufacturers to surgeons.
The report excludes drugs used during a biopsy and any device that is used in the cancer treatment process.
- 44 data tables and 21 additional tables
- Detailed overview and an up-to-date analysis of the global market for biopsy devices
- Analyses of the global market trends, with revenue data (sales figures) for 2021 to 2022, estimates for 2023, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the global biopsy devices market, and corresponding market share analysis by device type, therapeutic area/application, image guiding technology, end user, and region
- Identification of the viable technology drivers and barriers through a holistic review of various next generation imaging technologies used in the process of performing biopsies and their key therapeutic areas in the cancer diagnostics market
- Review of cancer statistics and epidemiology insights and SWOT analysis of various cancer biotherapeutics present in the market
- A look at major issues and trends with relate to the R&D of more effective cancer treatment, and new cancer therapeutics in development, and outlook on cancer clinical trials
- Assessment of the market growth opportunities, SWOT analysis of the leading companies engaged in manufacturing and development of biopsy devices, emerging trends and technology developments, along with the COVID-19 implications on the marketplace
- Insight into the recent industry structure, competitive aspects of each product segments, increasing investment on R&D activities, market growth strategies, and company revenue share analysis
- Patent grants and patent applications on biopsy devices and cancer diagnostics industry
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading market players, including Argon Medical Devices Inc., Boston Scientific Corp., FujiFilm Holdings Corp., Mammotome, and Olympus Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Study Goals and Objectives
- 1.2 Reasons for Doing This Study
- 1.3 Scope of Report
- 1.4 What's New in This Update?
- 1.5 Methodology and Information Sources
- 1.5.1 Primary Data and Information Gathering
- 1.5.2 Secondary Data and Information Gathering
- 1.5.3 Market Share Analysis and Market Forecast Prediction
- 1.6 Geographic Breakdown
- 1.7 Analyst's Credentials
- 1.8 BCC Custom Research
- 1.9 Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Overview of Biopsy Devices
- 3.1 Biopsy
- 3.2 Types of Biopsies
- 3.2.1 Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy
- 3.2.2 Core Biopsy
- 3.2.3 Endometrial Biopsy
- 3.2.4 Endoscopic Biopsy
- 3.2.5 Excisional Biopsy and Incisional Biopsy
- 3.2.6 Fine-Needle Aspiration (FNA) Biopsy
- 3.2.7 Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- 3.2.8 Skin Biopsy
- 3.2.9 Shave Biopsy
- 3.2.10 Punch Biopsy
- 3.3 Biopsy Devices
- 3.4 Regulation of Biopsy Devices
- 3.4.1 U.S. Regulation of Biopsy Devices
- 3.4.2 EU Regulation of Biopsy Devices
- 3.4.3 Reimbursement Policies
- 3.5 Market Dynamics
- 3.5.1 Market Drivers
- 3.5.2 Market Restraints
- 3.5.3 Market Opportunities
- 3.5.4 Cancer Diagnostics and Imaging
Chapter 4 Biopsy Device Market by Product Type
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Biopsy Guidance Systems
- 4.3 Needle-Based Biopsy Guns
- 4.3.1 Core Needle Biopsy (CNB)
- 4.3.2 Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy (FNAB)
- 4.3.3 Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy (VAB)
- 4.4 Biopsy Needles
- 4.5 Biopsy Forceps
- 4.6 Others
- 4.6.1 Biopsy Brushes
- 4.6.2 Biopsy Curettes
- 4.6.3 Biopsy Punches
Chapter 5 Biopsy Device Market by Imaging Guiding Technology
- 5.1 Imaging Technologies Used in Guiding Biopsies
- 5.1.1 MRI-Guided Biopsy
- 5.1.2 Stereotactic-Guided Biopsy
- 5.1.3 Advantages of Stereotactic-Guided Needle Biopsy
- 5.1.4 Disadvantages of Stereotactic-Guided Needle Biopsy
- 5.1.5 Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
- 5.1.6 Liver Biopsy
- 5.1.7 Thyroid Biopsy
- 5.1.8 Prostate Biopsy
- 5.1.9 Breast Biopsy
- 5.1.10 Trends
- 5.1.11 Computed Tomography
- 5.1.12 Advantages of CT-Guided Needle Biopsy
- 5.1.13 Disadvantages of CT-Guided Needle Biopsy
- 5.1.14 Limitations of CT-Guided Needle Biopsy
- 5.1.15 Others
Chapter 6 Biopsy Device Market by Application
- 6.1 Breast Biopsy
- 6.2 GI Biopsy
- 6.3 Prostate Biopsy
- 6.3.1 Image-Guided Prostate Biopsy
- 6.3.2 Risks of Biopsy of the Prostate
- 6.4 Liver Biopsy
- 6.4.1 Liver Biopsy Trends
- 6.4.2 Liver Disease Facts
- 6.4.3 Percutaneous Liver Biopsy
- 6.4.4 Laproscopic Surgery
- 6.5 Lung Biopsy
- 6.5.1 Advantages of Lung Biopsy
- 6.5.2 Disadvantages of Lung Biopsy
- 6.6 Kidney Biopsy
- 6.6.1 Complications of Biopsies to Detect Kidney Disease
- 6.6.2 Advantages of Renal/Kidney Biopsy
- 6.6.3 Disadvantages of Renal/Kidney Biopsy
- 6.7 Gynecological Biopsy
- 6.7.1 Complications of Gynecological Biopsy
- 6.8 Biopsy Devices Used to Diagnose Other Diseases
- 6.8.1 Pancreatic Cancer Biopsy
- 6.8.2 Biopsies for Pancreatic Cancer
Chapter 7 Biopsy Device Market by End User
- 7.1 Diagnostic Labs
- 7.2 Hospitals
Chapter 8 Biopsy Device Market by Region
- 8.1 Market Overview and Discussion
- 8.2 North America
- 8.3 Europe
- 8.4 Asia-Pacific
- 8.5 RoW
Chapter 9 COVID-19 Impact
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Impact of COVID-19 on Biopsy Devices
Chapter 10 Emerging Technologies in the Biopsy Device Market
- 10.1 Cambridge Prostate Biopsy Device (CamPROBE)
- 10.2 Microbiopsy Technology
- 10.3 Virtual Biopsy Device
- 10.4 Optical Biopsy
Chapter 11 Patent Review
Chapter 12 Competitive Landscape
- 12.1 Global Company Ranking
- 12.1.1 Other Key Players
- 12.1.2 Recent News
Chapter 13 Company Profiles
- ARGON MEDICAL DEVICES INC.
- B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- BECTON, DICKINSON AND CO. (CAREFUSION CORP.)
- BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP.
- CARDINAL HEALTH INC.
- CONMED CORP.
- COOK MEDICAL INC.
- DTR MEDICAL LTD.
- DANAHER CORP. (MAMMOTOME)
- FUJIFILM HOLDINGS CORP.
- HOLOGIC INC.
- INRAD INC.
- MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC.
- MDNA LIFE SCIENCES INC.
- MAUNA KEA TECHNOLOGIES
- MDXHEALTH INC.
- OLYMPUS CORP.
Chapter 14 Appendix A: Company Addresses and Contact Details
- 14.1 Company Address and Contact Details
Chapter 15 Appendix B: Abbreviations