Sevoflurane is an inhaled general anesthetic featured with rapid induction and quick wake-up of patients. It has slight inhibition on circulation, little effect on liver and kidney function and a clear myocardial protective effect. Therefore, sevoflurane has now become the main inhaled anesthetic and is particularly suitable for patients with myocardial damage.
According to CRI's analysis, in 1996, the sevoflurane of Abbott entered the Chinese market, but currently Abbott holds a very small market share. The approved imported sevoflurane also comes from Maruishi and MARUKO of Japan and Baxter of the United States. In 2007 and 2008, CFDA approved the inhaled solution sevoflurane of Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceuticals and Lunan Better Pharmaceutical to go public in China. Gradually, domestic sevoflurane dominates the Chinese market.
As the environmental pollution intensifies and the population ages, the demand for medical services is rapidly rising. The hospitalization increased from 115 million in 2008 to 227 million in 2016, with the CAGR up to 7.8%. Among them, one quarter of patients was hospitalized for surgery. The increasing amount of surgery boosts the demand for narcotic drugs.
CRI market research shows that sales value of sevoflurane in the Chinese market rose from less than CNY 4 million in 2005 to CNY 82.8 million in 2007 and to CNY 633 million in 2017. The CAGR during 2007 to 2017 reached about 22.6%.
According to CRI's market research, the major market share holders in China are Maruishi, Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Hengrui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Baxter, MARUKO and Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. In terms of sales volume, Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical holds the biggest market occupancy, which in 2017 was about 55%.
It is expected that with the increasing surgery in China from 2018 to 2022, the demand for narcotic drugs will continue to increase, creating a promising future market for sevoflurane.
Indication of sevoflurane
Market size of sevoflurane
Major sevoflurane manufacturers in the Chinese market
Competition pattern of sevoflurane in China
Sale price of sevoflurane in China
Prospects of sevoflurane
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Sevoflurane-related Concepts
- 1.1 Indication
- 1.2 Development of Sevoflurane in Chinese Market
2 Market Overview of Sevoflurane
- 2.1 Patents and Drug Approval of Government
- 2.2 Major Manufacturers
- 2.3 Market Size
3 Analysis of Sevoflurane Sales in China, 2013-2017
- 3.1 Sales Value
- 3.1.1 Overall Sales
- 3.1.2 Sales Value in Different Regions
- 3.2 Sales Volume
- 3.2.1 Overall Volume
- 3.2.2 Sales Volume by Region
- 3.3 Market Share of Sevoflurane by Dosage Form
- 3.3.1 Market Share of Sevoflurane by Sales Value
- 3.3.2 Market Share of Sevoflurane by Sales Volume
4 Market Share of Sevoflurane Manufacturers in China, 2013-2017
- 4.1 Market Share by Sales Value
- 4.2 Market Share by Sales Volume
5 Major Sevoflurane Manufacturers in Chinese Market, 2017-2018
- 5.1 Maruishi
- 5.2 Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 5.3 Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd.
- 5.4 Baxter
- 5.5 Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 5.6 Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
6 Reference Sale Price of Sevoflurane Manufacturers in Hospitals, 2017-2018
- 6.1 Maruishi
- 6.2 Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 6.3 Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co., Ltd.
- 6.4 Baxter
- 6.5 Maruko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 6.6 Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
7 Prospects of Sevoflurane in China, 2018-2022
- 7.1 Forecast on Market Size
- 7.2 Market Prospects
Part of Charts
- Chart Drug Approval of Government on Sevoflurane in China
- Chart Sales of Sevoflurane in China
- Chart Sales Value of Sevoflurane in China, 2007-2017
- Chart Sales volume of Sevoflurane in China, 2007-2017
- Chart Market Share of Top 6 Sevoflurane Manufacturers in Sales Value, 2013-2017
- Chart Market Share and Sales Value of Maruishi in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Market Share and Sales Value of Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Market Share and Sales Value of BAXTER in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Sevoflurane Sale Price of Maruishi in Several Chinese Cities, 2017-2018
- Chart Sevoflurane Sale Price of Shanghai Hengrui Pharmaceutical in Several Chinese Cities, 2017-2018
- Chart Sevoflurane Sale Price of Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine in Several Chinese Cities, 2017-2018
- Chart Forecast on Sevoflurane Market Size in China, 2018-2022