DelveInsight's 'Gender Dysphoria - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of gender dysphoria in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The gender dysphoria market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current, and forecasted gender dysphoria market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
The report also covers current gender dysphoria treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Gender Dysphoria - Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Gender dysphoria (GD) involves a conflict between a person's physical or assigned gender and the gender with which he/she identifies. Such people with gender dysphoria often experience significant distress and/or problems functioning associated with this conflict between the way they feel and think of themselves (referred to as experienced or expressed gender) and their physical or assigned gender. People with gender dysphoria feel victims of a biological accident and therefore live their condition as if they were cruelly imprisoned in a body incompatible with their subjective gender identity.
GD is associated with clinically significant distress and impairment in social, scholastic, and other vital functioning areas, especially when early-onset is reported.
Treatment of transgender people often includes four effective medical treatment options: counseling, cross-sex hormones, puberty suppression, and gender reassignment surgery. These treatment is optimally provided by a multidisciplinary team consisting of psychologists, endocrinologists, plastic surgeons, gynecologists, urologists, otorhinolaryngologists, and/or dermatologists. The ever-increasing social acceptance and destigmatization of children and adolescents with GD have resulted in an increased number of transgender individuals seeking endocrine care. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) currently publishes the standards of care (SOC) to provide clinical guidelines for the health care of transsexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming persons to maximize the health and well-being of patients with gender dysphoria.This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available for the treatment of gender dysphoria. It also provides the country-wise gender dysphoria treatment guidelines across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
DelveInsight's gender dysphoria market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, etiology, development, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides gender dysphoria treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines in the US and Europe.
The Gender Dysphoria epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Gender dysphoria epidemiology is segmented by the total prevalent gender dysphoria cases, the gender-specific prevalence of gender dysphoria, and comorbidities associated with gender dysphoria. In addition, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
Two major comorbidities associated with gender dysphoria include suicidal ideation and substance abuse. Amongst the 7MM, patients for suicidal ideation were higher than those of substance abuse.
According to DelveInsight's , the total prevalent population of Gender Dysphoria in seven major markets was 37,241 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017-2030).
Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the highest number of gender dysphoria cases.
The market size of Gender Dysphoria is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017-2030). Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the largest market size. Among EU5 countries, UK, in 2017, had the largest market size with USD 19.87 million, while France had the smallest market size of USD 3.74 million.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of therapies that comprise the current treatment landscape in the gender dysphoria market during the study period, 2017-2030. Currently, the mainstay treatment option in the GD treatment landscape is hormonal therapy (HT), which includes feminizing hormone therapies and masculinizing hormone therapies. Combination of antiandrogens (spironolactone), progestins, medroxyprogesterone acetate, GnRH agonists (long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone-suppresses testosterone), finasteride, and estrogen (17-beta-estradiol) are the primary revenue-generating components used in the management of transgender women (male to female) and testosterone formulations are employed in case of female to male transition. The analysis covers market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of these will help investigate factors important in market uptake and make financial and regulatory decisions.
The dynamics of the GD market are currently a consequence of existing therapies, including high-cost surgeries. It can be summarized that basic science and human research efforts will need to be accompanied by translational approaches, where effective novel management methods and strategies are effectively translated from research settings to clinical practice.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in the gender dysphoria domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will help the clients assess potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the market's overall scenario and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the gender dysphoria market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG matrix, market entry strategies etc. Also, the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
- With the consideration technical, scientific, socio-economic, and regulatory advances, it can be safely assumed that the market is destined to undergo a noticeable boost in the coming days [2020-2030] with a significant restructuring of the existing toolkit.
- Our in-depth analysis of the current treatment landscape and ongoing research projects by institutions will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Gender Dysphoria Report Insights:
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Gender Dysphoria Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
Gender Dysphoria Report Key Strengths:
- 11-year Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Gender Dysphoria Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Competitors
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Gender Dysphoria Report Assessment:
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Key Products and Key Players
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the gender dysphoria market share (%) distribution in 2017, and how would it look like in 2030?
- What would be the gender dysphoria total market size and market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest gender dysphoria market size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the gender dysphoria market is expected to grow in the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the gender dysphoria market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the gender dysphoria market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of gender dysphoria?
- What is the historical gender dysphoria patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of gender dysphoria in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to gender dysphoria?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of gender dysphoria during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for gender dysphoria treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of gender dysphoria in the US and Europe?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of gender dysphoria?
- What is the global historical and forecasted market of gender dysphoria?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the gender dysphoria market
- To understand the future market competition in the gender dysphoria market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for gender dysphoria in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the gender dysphoria market
- To understand the future market competition in the gender dysphoria market
Which geography accounted for the largest Gender Dysphoria market size?
The United States accounted for the largest gender dysphoria market size.
What is forecasted Gender Dysphoria size in 2030?
DelveInsight estimates an increase in gender dysphoria market size during the study period, 2017-2030.
What are the present Gender Dysphoria drivers?
Absence of therapies in the market, increase in the affected population, improvement in diagnostic criteria etc.
What are the Gender Dysphoria market barriers?
Variations in epidemiological data, barriers associated with treatment, shortcomings associated with trials.
How many companies are developing drugs for Gender Dysphoria?
Currently, pharma companies are not working towards developing a therapy for gender dysphoria.
How is epidemiology segmented for soft tissue sarcoma?
It is segmented as total prevalent gender dysphoria cases, the gender-specific prevalence of gender dysphoria, and comorbidities associated with gender dysphoria
Table of Contents
1 Key Insights
2 Executive Summary of Gender Dysphoria
3 SWOT Analysis for Gender Dysphoria
4 Gender Dysphoria Market Overview at a Glance
- 4.1 Market Share (%) Distribution of Gender Dysphoria in 2017
- 4.2 Market Share (%) Distribution of Gender Dysphoria in 2030
5 Disease Background and Overview
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Definitions
- 5.3 Etiology
- 5.4 Gender identity and Development of Gender Dysphoria
- 5.5 Pathophysiology
- 5.6 Diagnosis
6 Epidemiology and Patient Population
- 6.1 Key Findings
- 6.2 Total Prevalent Population of Gender Dysphoria
- 6.3 Assumptions and Rationale- 7 MM
7 Country-wise epidemiology of Gender Dysphoria
- 7.1 The United States
- 7.1.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in the United States
- 7.1.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in the United States
- 7.1.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in the United States
- 7.2.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Germany
- 7.2.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Germany
- 7.2.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in Germany
- 7.3 France
- 7.3.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in France
- 7.3.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in France
- 7.3.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in France
- 7.4 Italy
- 7.4.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Italy
- 7.4.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Italy
- 7.4.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in Italy
- 7.5 Spain
- 7.5.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Spain
- 7.5.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Spain
- 7.5.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in Spain
- 7.6 United Kingdom
- 7.6.1 Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in the United Kingdom
- 7.6.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in the United Kingdom
- 7.6.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in the United Kingdom
- 7.7 Japan
- 7.7.1 Diagnosed Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Japan
- 7.7.2 Gender-specific Prevalence of Gender Dysphoria in Japan
- 7.7.3 Comorbidities Associated with Gender Dysphoria in Japan
World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) Guidelines
Endocrine Society Guidelines
- 8.2 Patient journey
- 8.3 Case Study Title: Transgender Care in the Primary Care Setting
- 8.4 Access to healthcare services, insurance coverage and its impact on Trans people
- 8.5 Discrimination, social stigma, and other social issues
9 Unmet Needs
10 Gender Dysphoria: Seven Major Market Analysis
- 10.1 Key Findings
- 10.2 Market Size of Gender Dysphoria in 7MM
11 Market Outlook by Country
- 11.1 Assumption and Rationale
- 11.2 United States
- 11.2.1 The Total Market Size of Gender Dysphoria
- 11.2.2 Gender Dysphoria Market Size by Therapies
- 11.3 EU5 Countries
- 11.3.1 Germany
- 11.3.2 France
- 11.3.3 Italy
- 11.3.4 Spain
- 11.3.5 United Kingdom
- 11.3.6 Japan
12 Market Drivers
13 Market Barriers
15 DelveInsight Capabilities
17 About DelveInsight