The global disposable endoscopes market size was valued US$ XX billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Endoscopy is a non-surgical procedure where a long thin tube is inserted through a body opening to observe internal organs or tissue in detail. Moreover, disposable endoscopes are designed for single-use flexible endoscopy solutions with improved safety and productivity. Flexible single-use or disposable endoscopes describe the solution to complex re-processing procedures correlated with conventional endoscopes. Additionally, disposable endoscopes eliminate the need for sterilization or cleaning procedures compared with the reuse of conventional endoscopes.
Technological Advancements in Disposable Endoscopy Devices is expected to drive the market's growth.
Increasing technological advancement and investments by endoscope producers to develop new products are driving the market. For instance, in November 2020, Olympus Corporation partnered with Ruhof Corporation introduced single-use procedure kits and hybrid tubing for endoscopes to reduce infection risks. Moreover, in November 2020, Omnivision launched imaging subsystems including camera modules, cables and image signal processor boards for disposable endoscopes. For instance, a product name Scope4 launched by Ambu A/S in 2017 is a high-quality product with different sizes available. It also gives eminence in images with patient safety, which further drives the market. Hence, from the above statements, it is expected to drive the growth of the market.
Increasing Side Effects in Disposable Endoscopy Devices is expected to hamper the market's growth.
Endoscopy is a moderately safe procedure, but there are some risks involved, as risks depend on the area that is being examined, which includes over-sedation, feeling bloated for a short time after the procedure, mild cramping, a numb throat for a few hours due to the use of local anesthetic, infection of the area of investigation, this most commonly occurs when additional procedures are carried out at the same time. The infections are commonly minor and treatable with a course of antibiotics, and it includes more. Additionally, tear of the stomach, or esophagus lining occurs in 1 in every 2,500-11,000 cases-internal bleeding, usually minor and sometimes treatable by endoscopic cauterization. Hence, due to increasing side effects in disposable endoscopy devices is expected to hamper the market's growth
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the healthcare systems globally. Also, it has a notable impact on the market, and this has happened in several businesses closing down their manufacturing plants and halting most of their operations. Moreover, there is a risk of transmission during endoscopy, and the aim is to stop infection among healthcare professionals while contributing essential services to patients.
Additionally, pandemics imposed a severe burden on endoscopy units all over the world. For instance, in March 2020 multicenter survey from northern Italy revealed near-universal exposure to COVID-19 positive patients in endoscopy units was 97.6% experienced a reduction in endoscopic activities and 50% performed endoscopic procedures on COVID-19 positive patients. Moreover, to droplet and airborne transmission, contamination with fomites and subsequent self-inoculation of the nose, eyes, and mouth is considered a giver to high viral transmission rates.
Bronchoscopy segment is expected to hold the largest market share in this market segment.
The presence of many bronchoscopes and the growing prevalence of disorders are expected to drive the segment. As per American Lung Association, there were 2 million new lung cancer cases worldwide in 2018. Moreover, such a wave in the number of infections associated with bronchoscopes, the high requirement of devices, and increased respiratory infections across the globe. Disposable endoscopes effectively treat respiratory diseases, which increase the segment growth during the projection period.
As per World Health Organization, globally, 65 million people were suffering from mild to severe COPD, while 334 million people had asthma in 2017. Additionally, COPD, asthma, acute lower respiratory tract infections, tuberculosis, and lung cancer are common causes of severe illness and death worldwide. The growth of technologically advanced products is boosting the market growth.
For instance, in June 2019, Valtronic had launched a disposable bronchoscope to limit infections. Hence, the bronchoscopy segment dominated the market for disposable endoscopes and held the largest revenue share in 2020.
Hospital Segment is expected to hold the largest market share in this segment
The hospitals' segment dominated the market for disposable endoscopes and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. Rising awareness, higher cleaning costs, and increasing failures result in adopting disposable endoscopes in hospitals. Moreover, due to contaminated equipment, the growing prevalence of hospital-acquired infections is expected to drive the segment growth. Additionally, in inclination for disposable endoscopes is high about the reprocessed endoscopes in hospitals. The technological advancements included within the disposable endoscopes proposing accurate diagnosis will increase its adoption in hospitals, enhancing the segmental growth.
The rising demand for low-cost endoscopy methods and the increasing predominance of chronic diseases such as cancer are other significant factors increasing the product demand. Moreover, the growing demand for single-use endoscopes due to their low maintenance cost and higher reprocessing costs augment its demand and shift the preference of healthcare experts for the usage of disposable ones. On the other hand, medical waste generated by these devices is a threat to the environment, which may hinder the market growth shortly.
North America region holds the largest market share in the global disposable endoscopes market
North America accounted for the largest revenue share in the disposable endoscopes market in 2020. It is because of the development in fracture, and high selection of advanced technologies and the growing awareness of invasive surgeries. Moreover, the region is anticipated to continue its dominance over the projection period as the region is highly active towards using innovative products, and the growing geriatric population and increasing prevalence of cancer and gastrointestinal disorders, among others, are expected to boost the market growth.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In 2018, 22.4 million people visited physician's offices due to digestive system diseases in the U.S.
Additionally, as per the National Cancer Institute's data-sets, 1,806,590 new cancer cases were diagnosed in 2020 in the U.S., and the appearance of a vast number of manufacturers and regulatory approvals for the use of reusable endoscopes is accelerating the market growth. For instance, in April 2020, Ambu a scope Cysto received 510k clearance from the U.S. FDA.
Furthermore, the increased incidence of chronic diseases and a massive target population base are the significant parameters increasing demand for disposable endoscopes in the region. Growing awareness about cost-efficient disposable endoscopes and high per capita healthcare expenditure are the other factors responsible for the growth of the North American disposable endoscopes market.
The disposable endoscopes market is moderately competitive with presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players which are contributing to the growth of the market Prosurg Inc., AirStrip Technologies, Boston Scientific Corporation , Parburch Medical, OBP Medical Corporation, Welch Allyn, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions , Flexicare Medical Limited, Timesco Healthcare Ltd., Ambu A/S , Changzhou Haiers Medical Devices Co., Ltd., Transmed(China)co., Ltd., and Changzhou Jiuhong Medical Instrument Co.,Ltd. The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the Disposable Endoscopes market globally.
Disposable Endoscopes Market Key Companies to Watch
Ambu A/S was founded in Denmark in 1937 as Testa Laboratorium by German engineer Holger Hesse; it is a Danish company that develops, produces, and runs single-use endoscopy solutions, diagnostic and life-supporting equipment to hospitals, private practices, and rescue services.
Moreover, the most significant business areas are Anesthesia, Cardiology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Urology, and Gastroenterology. In addition, the company's most important products are ventilation products for artificial respiration, single-use endoscopes, and single-use electrodes for ECG tests and neurophysiological mappings.
Ambu A/S has continuously set new standards in the continuous manufacturing of single-use endoscopy solutions, diagnostic and life-supporting equipment. For instance, Ambu® aScope™ 4 Broncho, Ambu® aScope™ 4 RhinoLaryngo Slim, Ambu® aScope™ 4 Cysto and includes more.
Recent Market Developments:
In December 2019, Boston Scientific Corporation launched EXALT Model D Single-Use Duodenoscope for ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) procedures to satisfy the growing demand for disposable endoscopes.
In May-2019, Ambu A/S signed a partnership agreement with Cook Medical. Following this partnership, Cook would distribute Ambu's single-use, disposable duodenoscope in the U.S., following FDA clearanceWhy Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the disposable endoscopes market segmentation by application and end-use highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in disposable endoscopes market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of disposable endoscopes market- level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global disposable endoscopes market report would provide an access to an approx. 53market data table, 45 figures and 200pages.
- Application Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Disposable Endoscopes Market- By Application
- Urologic endoscopy
- GI endoscopy
- ENT endoscopy
Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - By End-use
- Diagnostics Centers
Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - By Region
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
1. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.2. Market Snippet by End-use
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 22.214.171.124. Technological Advancements in Disposable Endoscopy Device is expected to drive the market's growth.
- 126.96.36.199. Increasing Prevalence of Nosocomial Infections is expected to drive the market's growth.
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing side effects in disposable endoscopy devices is expected to hamper the market's growth
- 184.108.40.206. Lack of Awareness on Disposable Endoscopes is expected to hamper the market's growth
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Epidemiology Analysis
- 5.3. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.4. Pricing Analysis
- 5.5. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.6. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.7. Unmet Needs
6. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - By Application
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application Segment
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application Segment
- 7.2. Bronchoscopy*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 7.3. Arthroscopy
- 7.4. Urologic endoscopy
- 7.5. GI endoscopy
- 7.6. ENT endoscopy
- 7.7. Others
8. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - By End-use
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-use
- 8.2. Hospitals*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 8.3. Diagnostics Centers
- 8.4. Clinics
9. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028, By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. U.S.
- 18.104.22.168. Canada
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. Germany
- 188.8.131.52. U.K.
- 184.108.40.206. France
- 220.127.116.11. Italy
- 18.104.22.168. Spain
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. Brazil
- 188.8.131.52. Argentina
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. China
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. Australia
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-use
10. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Key Developments and Strategies
- 10.2. Company Share Analysis
- 10.3. Product Benchmarking
- 10.4. Key Companies to Watch
- 10.5. Company with disruptive technology
- 10.6. Start Up Companies
11. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. Ambu A/S*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Prosurg Inc.
- 11.3. AirStrip Technologies
- 11.4. Parburch Medical
- 11.5. OBP Medical Corporation
- 11.6. Welch Allyn
- 11.7. Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
- 11.8. Flexicare Medical Limited
- 11.9. Timesco Healthcare Ltd.
- 11.10. Boston Scientific Corporation
- 11.11. Changzhou Haiers Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
- 11.12. Transmed(China)co., Ltd.
- 11.13. Changzhou Jiuhong Medical Instrument Co.,Ltd.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Disposable Endoscopes Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About Us and Applications
- 12.3. Contact Us