The global cenospheres market size was worth USD XX billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach USD XX billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Cenospheres are hollow, filled with air or inert gas microspheres, primarily made up of silica and alumina. Cenospheres are produced as a by-product during the burning of coal in thermal power plants, at a temperature ranging from 1,500 to 1,750 °C, through complex physical and chemical transformation. As per Japan Science and technology journal, j-stage, the largest thermal power plant in Russia, produces 120 tons of cenospheres.
They are light-weighted, stiff and rigid, waterproof and insulative in nature. Henceforth, the set of unique properties of cenospheres, along with their availability, opens up the prospects for wide use as heat insulation of space ships, lightweight building materials, obtained by introducing cenospheres into concrete, bricks, ceramics, flooring and pavements. Besides, the inclusion of cenospheres with water-impermeable shells allows the creation of various frost- and water-resistant products; they have potential as filters, seals of several types, anti-corrosion coatings, protective layers on liquid surfaces to reduce evaporation, in energy-absorbing bumpers and other car parts, in pneumatic tires and others.
Moreover, Cenospheres are almost 30% lighter than conventionally used resins and about 75% lighter than most minerals used as extruders or fillers, making them a suitable material in the building and construction industry. Growing urbanization and industrialization and increasing cenospheres' consumption as light-weighting material in construction is expected to increase the global market's growth. The rising demand for cenospheres in lightweight drilling fluids and drilling cement in the oil and gas industry is further anticipated to boost the global market growth.
The wide application of cenospheres in multiple end-user industries and a set of unique structural properties is expected to drive the cenospheres market's growth during the forecast period.
A set of unique structural properties of cenospheres is driving the market growth
Cenosphere is microspheres, behaves like tiny ball bearings to improve workability, flow under pressure, reduce shrinkage, enhance isotropic properties and reduce resin, binder or water demand due to their low oil absorption level and high packing factor. Physically, the cenosphere is hard, rigid, light, waterproof, innoxious, and insulative. By utilizing these characteristics of the cenosphere, it is possible to produce materials with excellent heat-insulating properties. Cenosphere combines all the advantages of spherical shape with the additional benefits of low density at an economical cost.
Moreover, Cenospheres are now used as fillers in cement to produce low-density concrete. Some manufacturers have started filling polymers and metals with cenospheres to make lightweight composite materials, having higher strength than other foam materials, called syntactic foam. Aluminum-based syntactic foams are finding applications in the automotive sector.
Lightweight construction aggregate is a significant driver to boost the global cenospheres market
The different benefits of cenospheres and the capability for a lightweight construction aggregate are significant boosters of the global cenospheres market. Cenospheres find a wide application in the construction, oil & gas, and infrastructure sector and are employed in industrial, infrastructure, and residential construction projects. The increasing construction industry output is predicted to be one of the most significant factors for the high requirement of cenospheres in the global market.
Quick urbanization leads to new construction activities, which is further predicted to power cenospheres' requirement in building and construction jobs. Moreover, increasing urbanization is expected to contribute to the development of the global cenospheres market.
Environmental concerns and health issues are expected to restrain the market of cenospheres
Cenospheres are microstructure and light-weighted, some of which have extremely low density and are entrained in flue gases together with the superfine fly ash. These microspheres and the ashes enter ash settling reservoirs, where due to their low density, they accumulate mainly at the external surface and can be easily carried away by rain and wind. The most dangerous possibility is their entrainment in the wind, with which these particles can be moved over long distances, ingress the respiratory tracts of humans and animals, and thus promote the development of cardiovascular and respiratory illness.
Based on product type, the cenosphere market is segmented into grey cenospheres and white cenospheres.
Being the largest segment, grey cenospheres is expected to lead the market in the forecast period
Gray cenospheres are the largest segment of the market and are expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. Gray cenospheres occur more frequently than white cenospheres in fly ash. These cenospheres have a low content of alumina and high content of silica and iron. Moreover, they are used in various applications, such as concretes, plastics, resins, coatings, bricks, and rubbers.
Based on end-user, cenosphere is categorized into construction, oil & gas, automotive, paints & coatings and refractory.
Urbanization along with industrialization cause construction sector to lead the cenosphere market
The construction segment is dominating because of the increase in demand in the building and construction industry for household, commercial and industrial purposes. Urbanization and increasing consumption of light-weighted cenosphere in cement slurry to decrease the concrete density and increase cement slurry's strength led to an overall increase in the forecast's cenosphere market period. In China, the housing authorities of Hong Kong have launched several measures to push-start the construction of low-cost housing. The authorities have projected a capital expenditure in the construction of HKD 23,923 million in its proposed budget for 2018-2019
Besides, the oil & gas segment is expected to lead the market during the forecast period. The growing shale gas exploration and production activities in the North American region and rising production activities in the Middle East are expected to drive cenospheres in the oil & gas industry. As per Energy Information Administration (EIA), by 2035, shale gas production will rise to 384.9 billion cubic meters, representing nearly half of all US natural gas production. Moreover, increasing demand for cenospheres in lightweight drilling fluids and drilling cement in the oil and gas industry is anticipated to affect the global market growth.
The global cenospheres market has been studied across five major regions: Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Europe, and the Middle East & Africa.
Due to an upsurge in oil and gas activities post the shale gas boom in the region, North America is expected to lead the global cenospheres market growth. The US is the leading country in the area due to increasing R&D investments in cenospheres from fly ash lagoons. Moreover, it is consumed mainly in oil cement, drilling muds, and acid grouting compounds.
Moreover, North America is followed by Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific market is projected to register the highest growth during the forecast period due to its rising automotive and construction industry. Cenospheres are widely used in construction aggregates and automotive light-weighting parts in emerging economies.
Furthermore, the growing construction of residential and commercial buildings propels the regional cenospheres market. India is the leading country in the region, followed by China, Australia & New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea due to the increasing consumption of paints and coating and refractory industries.
The cenospheres market is moderately competitive with the presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players contributing to the market's growth include Ceno Technologies, CenoStar, Cenospheres Trade & Engineering SA, Cenosphere India Pvt. Ltd, Delamin Limited, Dennert Poraver GmbH, Microspheres SA, Petra Buildcare Products, PR Group, Envirospheres, Qingdao Eastchem Inc. The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations, contributing to the Cenospheres market's growth globally.
Overview: Microspheres has been recovering, processing and distributing cenospheres in South Africa and abroad since 1999 and is the largest cenosphere producer globally.
Product Portfolio: Microspheres SA produces two primary grades of cenospheres under the brand name Cenolite. Besides, the company also has any custom grade, depending on the requirements.
- Cenolite 300 is the standard grade and is used in most applications. The color is slightly off-white.
- Cenolite 90w is a specialty grade used mainly in the paint and coatings industry, where the particle size needs to be small. This grade also undergoes a thorough washing process to remove any ash residue, thereby obtaining a white color.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the cenospheres market segmentation by type, end-user and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the cenospheres market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of cenospheres market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the critical product of all major market players
The global cenosphere market report would provide access to 53 market data tables, 43 figures and 230 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Cenospheres Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Cenospheres Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Cenospheres Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market snippet by End-User
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Cenospheres Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. Unique Structural Properties of Cenospheres
- 184.108.40.206. Lightweight Construction Aggregate
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 220.127.116.11. Environmental Concern and Health Issues
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Cenospheres Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.5. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.6. Unmet Needs
6. Global Cenospheres Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Cenospheres Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type Segment
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type Segment
- 7.2. Grey Cenospheres*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. White Cenospheres
8. Global Cenospheres Market - By End-User
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 8.2. Construction*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Oil and Gas
- 8.4. Automotive
- 8.5. Paints and Coatings
- 8.6. Refractory
9. Global Cenospheres Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. US.
- 22.214.171.124. Canada
- 126.96.36.199. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Spain
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. China
- 22.214.171.124. India
- 126.96.36.199. Japan
- 188.8.131.52. Australia
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
10. Global Cenospheres Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Cenospheres Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. Microspheres SA*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Ceno Technologies
- 11.3. CenoStar
- 11.4. Cenospheres Trade & Engineering SA
- 11.5. Cenosphere India Pvt. Ltd.
- 11.6. Delamin Limited
- 11.7. Dennert Poraver GmbH
- 11.8. Petra Buildcare Products
- 11.9. Envirospheres
- 11.10. Ingdao Eastchem Inc.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Cenospheres Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Cenospheres Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us