The global metallized paper market size was worth USD XX billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach USD XX billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Metallized papers are substrates coated with a glossy aluminum layer, which offer decorative and protective properties in different applications. The metallized paper found its way to industries owing to its properties like label ability, fast ink drying, sufficient transfer and release time, the permanence of printing, resistance to alcohol, odor, lightness and other stuff.
It is extensively used as a high-end label in beer bottles and is particularly useful in improving the premium qualities of a product being labeled. Also, metallized papers can be found in chocolate wrappers, food products packaging, tobacco boxes, cigarette boxes, and decoration. With the demanding progress in packaging, metallized papers have attracted much interest, and significant investments have done in packaging and labeling industries to take advantage of metallized paper.
Today, most metallized papers are consumed for labeling, specifically in product identification and decoration of drinks bottles and cigarette wraps. According to global metallized paper markets, millions of metallized papers are produced annually. The percentage of metallized papers used in different industries is estimated as Label is 64%, the packaging is 29%, and the other applications is 2%. Henceforth, increasing demand for metallized across the globe is anticipated to increase its market growth.
High demand for glossy finish packaging to boost the metallized paper market growth
Consumers are more inclined to packaging product items with a good appearance with all the details in their labeling while purchasing products. Metallized paper is used for packaging products such as chocolate, gum, candy, liquor and others to attract consumers.
As per the industrial analysis, Sales of chocolate continue to remain uniform in European nations, especially in European countries like Germany, France and the United Kingdom, but chocolate's demand grew in India and Poland by 13% and 2%.
Moreover, according to International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), the chocolate industry had a retail market value of USD 106.19 billion in 2017 and is expected to grow to USD 189.89 billion by 2026. This is indicative of the high demand for metallized glossy paper for the packaging of chocolate. Henceforth, the growing demand for glossy labeling in packaged products is likely to push the metallized paper market's growth in several world regions.
Minimalizing the environmental impression of the packaging
The immense demand for packaged goods, especially from the food & beverage sector and the increase in environmental concern towards plastics, has led the packaging industry to shift towards a better alternative that has less impact on the environment. Labeling and packaging done by the metallized papers on products help the material decompose in a minimum time-frame without emissions of hazardous gases in the environment.
This will ultimately balance the deteriorating climatic conditions across the globe and subsequently boost the metallized paper market's growth.
However, issues in recyclability of metallized paper to raise pollution concerns
Metalized paper consists of amalgamating aluminum and many other elements such as plastic coating, lacquer, and varnish. Metallized paper cannot be recycled in the conventional paper recycling method because of its compound structure. There is no current process to recycle metalized paper. In the past year, it was treated as waste. The market needs a solution to recycle the metalized paper for it to be reused in the future.
Based on application, metallized paper market is segmented into packaging, labels, printing, wraps/overwraps, decoration, mailing envelops and graphic paper.
The packaging is anticipated to dominate the segment due to increased urbanization and consumer goods
Metallized papers are used for a wide range of packaging and label applications and have been developed to offer several specific technical characteristics. Metallized papers offer beautiful finishes that maximize the shelf appeal of products. Several companies are into recyclable metallized paper. For instance, Packle's metallized papers are recyclable and sustainable and are used for gift wrap, direct mail envelopes and graphic papers. The products are also used as top sheets for litho-lamination solutions, including board games, electronic goods and household appliance packaging.
According to research by Smithers, the global packaging market has increased by 6.8% from 2013 to 2018 and is expected to expand by almost 3% per annum, reaching over $ 1.2 trillion between 2018 and 2028 further. Most of this growth is anticipated to come from less developed markets, as more consumers move to urban locations and subsequently adopting westernized lifestyles. This has boosted a demand for packaged goods, which worldwide has been accelerated by the e-commerce industry.
Moreover, General expansion in the global economy is expected to continue over the next decade, boosted by growth in emerging consumer markets. The global population will expand, and especially in key emerging markets, like China and India, the rate of urbanization will continue to grow. This translates into increasing consumer incomes for spending on consumer goods and exposure to modern retail channels, and the aspiration among a strengthening middle class to engage with global brands and shopping habits. Henceforth, a potential expansion in the packaging industry is expected to drive the market of metallized paper over the forecast period.
Geographically, Asia accounts for nearly two-fifth of the world's metallized paper market and is anticipated to uphold the market growth, majorly in East Asia. China and India are the significant markets for metallized paper and are expected to grow in upcoming years. The demand for labeling followed by wraps/overwraps is expected to grow at a higher rate in South Asia, thereby fueling the market growth.
Moreover, sales of drugs have plummeted in Asian countries, so it also has counterfeiting incidences, which has affected several pharmaceutical brands' profits. This has led them to emphasize packaging solutions immune to counterfeiting, which boosts demand in the metallized paper market.
Additionally, the metallized paper market in South Asian countries such as Indonesia and Malaysia is foreseen to grow significantly than the other regions.
Besides, Metallized paper market in North America is expected to show slow growth throughout the assessment, while the Latin American market is likely to witness consistent growth in upcoming years.
The metallized paper market is moderately competitive with the presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players contributing to the market's growth include Lecta, Glatfelter, AR Metallizing NV, Ritrama, Alufoil Products, Sysco Industries Limited, Verso Corporation, Singular Metallizing Paper Corp., Griff, Unifoil, among others. The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations, contributing to the growth of the Metallized Paper market globally.
Overview: Lecta S.A. manufactures paper products, headquartered in Luxembourg. The company was founded in 1999. Lecta has identified with close to 1,300 of our employees.
Product Portfolio: The Company distributes papers, labels, commercial printing, adhesives, and flexible packaging, as well as brochures, annual reports, catalogs, and applications.
- In 2019, Lecta SA launched its new product, "CREASET" HG HWS PAPER, specially developed for beverage labeling. Creaset is a one-side coated paper liner designed for labels and flexible packaging of beverages, especially for beer and wine bottles, whose labels require low temperature and high resistance.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the metallized paper market segmentation by type, thickness, application, end-user and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in metallized paper market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of metallized paper market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the critical product of all major market players
The global metallized paper market report would provide access to an approx: 69 market data table, 69 figures and 236 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Metallized Paper Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Metallized Paper Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Metallized Paper Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market snippet by Thickness
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.4. Market Snippet by End-User
- 3.5. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Metallized Paper Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 184.108.40.206. High Demand for Glossy Finish Packaging
- 220.127.116.11. Minimalizing the Environmental Impression of Packaging
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 18.104.22.168. Issues in Recyclability of Metallized Paper
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Metallized Paper Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.5. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.6. Unmet Needs
6. Global Metallized Paper Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Metallized Paper Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type Segment
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type Segment
- 7.2. Lamination*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Vacuum Lamination
8. Global Metallized Paper Market - By Thickness
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Thickness
- 8.2. Up to 50 GSM*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. 51-100 GSM
- 8.4. 101-150 GSM
- 8.5. Above 150 GSM
9. Global Metallized Paper Market - By Application
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 9.2. Packaging*
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 9.3. Printing
- 9.4. Labels
- 9.5. Wraps/Overwraps
- 9.6. Decoration
- 9.7. Mailing Envelops
- 9.8. Graphic Paper
10. Global Metallized Paper Market - By End-User
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 10.2. Food and Beverages*
- 10.2.1. Introduction
- 10.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 10.3. Home Care
- 10.4. Personal Care
- 10.5. Electrical
- 10.6. Chemicals
- 10.7. Banking
11. Global Metallized Paper Market - By Region
- 11.1. Introduction
- 11.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 11.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 11.2. North America
- 11.2.1. Introduction
- 11.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 11.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 11.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 11.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 11.2.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 11.2.7. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. U.S.
- 126.96.36.199. Canada
- 188.8.131.52. Mexico
- 11.3. Europe
- 11.3.1. Introduction
- 11.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 11.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 11.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 11.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 11.3.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 11.3.7. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. Germany
- 220.127.116.11. U.K.
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Italy
- 126.96.36.199. Spain
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
- 11.4. South America
- 11.4.1. Introduction
- 11.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 11.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 11.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 11.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 11.4.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 11.4.7. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. Brazil
- 220.127.116.11. Argentina
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
- 11.5. Asia Pacific
- 11.5.1. Introduction
- 11.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 11.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 11.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 11.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 11.5.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 11.5.7. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. China
- 126.96.36.199. India
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. Australia
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 11.6. Middle East and Africa
- 11.6.1. Introduction
- 11.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 11.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 11.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Thickness
- 11.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 11.6.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
12. Global Metallized Paper Market - Competitive Landscape
- 12.1. Competitive Scenario
- 12.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 12.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
13. Global Metallized Paper Market- Company Profiles
- 13.1. Lecta S.A.*
- 13.1.1. Company Overview
- 13.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 13.1.3. Key Highlights
- 13.1.4. Financial Overview
- 13.2. Glatfelter
- 13.3. AR Metallizing NV
- 13.4. Ritrama
- 13.5. Alufoil Products
- 13.6. Sysco Industries Limited
- 13.7. Verso Corporation
- 13.8. Singular Metallizing Paper Corp.
- 13.9. Griff
- 13.10. Unifoil
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
14. Global Metallized Paper Market - Premium Insights
15. Global Metallized Paper Market - DataM
- 15.1. Appendix
- 15.2. About Us and Services
- 15.3. Contact Us