Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market Overview
The global water-soluble pods packaging market size was worth US$ XX million in 2019 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Water-soluble pods come in a variety of packaging options. The term "water-soluble packaging" refers to packaging that can dissolve in hot water. Polyvinyl alcohol, or PVOH for short, is the key element in this bio-based material. PVOH is a synthetic polymer made without heavy toxic metals that are typically harmful to the environment. It's also odorless, biodegradable, and soluble in water.
Because of its excessive environmental friendliness, the global water-soluble pods packaging market has risen gradually over the years. Water-soluble films are an environmentally friendly alternative that manufacturers commonly utilize to package dishwashing liquids, laundry detergents, shaving creams, and cosmetics for spa services.
Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market Dynamics
Water-soluble pods packaging aims to reduce waste disposal all around the world. Because these pods are water-soluble, they are environmentally friendly. The global water-soluble pods packaging market is expected to be driven by rising demand for eco-friendly packaging, rising worries about non-decomposable waste accumulation, and rising demand for everyday home products.
The increasing awareness of environmental concerns regarding non-decomposable waste accumulation usage is expected to drive growth in the forecast period.
PVA films that are water-soluble are soluble in both hot and cold water. Water pods' characteristics encourage a variety of packaging industries to use them as a packaging material, which is likely to drive the global water-soluble pods packaging market. People have become more environmentally conscious, and they are more likely to buy eco-friendly products.
The water soluble pods are completely dissolve in both hard and soft water, leaving no trace. These aspects contribute to the expansion of the water soluble pods industry, as well as encouraging customers to utilise them in their homes. New market entrants can take advantage of a variety of chances to increase their market share.
Furthermore, some manufacturers have been observed using higher detergent concentrations and lower moisture concentrations in their products. This will assist them in preventing the degradation of their products over time. Other manufacturers' adoption of similar techniques is projected to boost sales of water soluble pods in some of the world's most important economies.
Water-soluble pods are also convenient, which is expected to drive its growth.
Water-soluble pods are readily available and assist customers in decreasing waste by standardizing the amount of detergent or washing powder used for a single wash. Furthermore, by keeping detergent or powder from deteriorating over time, these water-soluble pods aid in its preservation. Along with them, concerns about product leakage and leaking have grown.
Standardizing the amount of detergent required for cleaning a product is a common problem for consumers. Either they use less detergent, or they use too much detergent. However, in the case of water-soluble pods, there is a predetermined amount of detergent in each pod; thus, a single unit is sufficient for one wash.
Furthermore, if powders and liquids are packaged in loose pouches or packets, spillage and product spilling are greater. The usage of water-soluble pods, on the other hand, almost eliminates the possibility of spilling. Water-soluble pods are convenient to transport because they take up less space than other packaging formats.
The cost-effectiveness of ordinary plastic films over water-soluble pods packaging is expected to hinder the growth.
Water-soluble packaging technology appears to have the ability to provide a new environmentally friendly packaging choice with a fantastic end-of-life solution. There are, however, some obstacles that must be considered. PVA film has a complicated manufacturing process, which raises its cost.
The growing price of raw ingredients such as vinyl acetate monomer impacts the profitability of water-soluble pods packaging manufacturers. The high material cost of water-soluble pods packaging results in a cost shift to the end-users of the packaging. As a result, end-users are switching to alternative packagings, such as pouches. Ordinary plastic films are considerably less expensive than PVA films, limiting the expansion of the market for water-soluble capsules packaging.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on various businesses around the world, particularly the packaging business. Packaging businesses were developing new technologies that were environmentally benign, reusable, and biodegradable. However, concerns about the hygiene and safety of reused packaging put a temporary halt to the packaging industry's development toward a circular and sustainable supply chain.
Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market Segment Analysis
By layer, the water soluble pods packaging market is classified into single-layer water pods, dual-layer water pods, and multi-chamber water pods.
The multi-chamber water pods segment is expected to be the dominant type during the forecast period (2021-2028)
Packaging makers utilize water-soluble films to package laundry detergents, dishwashing detergents, and other products such as cosmetics for spa services, shaving creams, and so on. These goods are wrapped in PVA films in the form of water-soluble pods, which are small packs. The type of packaging used is based on the product being packaged. Multi-chamber water pods are predicted to lead the global water-soluble pods packaging market with a significant market share by the end of 2028.
Water Soluble Pods Packaging Geographical Analysis
North America region holds the largest market share global water-soluble pods packaging market.
The majority of water-soluble pod packing products are used in industrialized countries. In these areas, the majority of the population has a high level of disposable income. This allows them to spend more money on things like water-soluble pods. Because of the greater demand from developed regions, the manufacturing of these products is expected to be limited to such areas.
Because of the packaging sector's rise, rising consumer preferences for organic cosmetics, and increased awareness of plastic pollution, North America dominates the water-soluble pods packaging market. Furthermore, some manufacturers have been observed using higher detergent concentrations and lower moisture concentrations in their products. This will assist them in preventing the degradation of their products over time.
Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market Competitive Landscape
The water soluble pods packaging market is extremely fragmented, as global companies focus on developing new methods to produce plastic packaging from various readily available natural resources. Some of the key players which are contributing to the growth of the market include MSD Corporation, Noble Industries, Mondi Group, Cortec Corporation, and Arrow Greentech Limited, Soltec Development; Suvi Exports LLP.; Fujian Zhongsu Biodegradable Films Co., Ltd.; Amtrex Nature Care Pvt Ltd.; and Lithey Inc., among others.
Overview: The MSD Corporation, based in Jiangmen, Guangdong, China, is one of the leading makers of the water-soluble film and water-soluble packaging. MSDL, MSDM, and MSDH are among the water-soluble films the company offers, founded in 1996. MSDL is soluble at 10-15 degrees Celsius, MSDM at 45-60 degrees Celsius, and MSDH at 80-90 degrees Celsius.
Product Portfolio: Detergents and cleansers, degreasers, deodorizers, concrete additives, pigments, biocides, water treatment products, agricultural products, insecticides, water transfer printing film, mold release film, and other items are all part of the company's portfolio.
Key Developments: It creates a packing material that is good to the environment. PVA/PVOH is used to make water-soluble plastic. It is soluble in water with a temperature of 10 to 20 degrees Celsius. It can make water soluble bags ranging in weight from a few grams to over 10 kilograms'. Powders, grains, and liquids can be packed in both soluble and conventional films.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the water-soluble pods packaging market segmentation by layer, end-user and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the water-soluble pods packaging market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of water-soluble pods packaging Market- level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global water-soluble pods packaging market report would provide an access to an approx. 54 market data tables, 43 figures and 180 pages.
- Packaging Companies
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
- Water Soluble Pods Manufacturers
Table of Contents
1. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Layer
- 3.2. Market Snippet by End-User
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 126.96.36.199. The increasing awareness for environmental concerns regarding non-decomposable waste accumulation usage
- 188.8.131.52. Water-soluble pods are also convenient
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 184.108.40.206. High costs of water-soluble pods as compared to other plastics
- 220.127.116.11. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - By Layer
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Layer
- 7.2. Single Layer Water pods*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Dual-Layer Water pods
- 7.4. Multi-Chamber Water pods
8. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - By End-User
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 8.2. Detergents*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Hand Wash
- 8.4. Dish Wash
- 8.5. Others
9. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.4. North America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. U.S.
- 22.214.171.124. Canada
- 126.96.36.199. Mexico
- 9.5. Europe
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Spain
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
- 9.6. South America
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
- 9.7. Asia-Pacific
- 9.7.1. Introduction
- 9.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.7.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 9.7.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.7.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. China
- 22.214.171.124. India
- 126.96.36.199. Japan
- 188.8.131.52. Australia
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.8. Middle East and Africa
- 9.8.1. Introduction
- 9.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.8.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Layer
- 9.8.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
10. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Company Profiles
- 11.1. MSD Corporation
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Noble Industries
- 11.3. Mondi Group
- 11.4. Cortec Corporation
- 11.5. Arrow Greentech Limited
- 11.6. Soltec Development
- 11.7. Suvi Exports LLP
- 11.8. Fujian Zhongsu Biodegradable Films Co., Ltd.
- 11.9. Amtrex Nature Care Pvt Ltd
- 11.10. Lithey Inc.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Water Soluble Pods Packaging Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us