The global electrical conduits market size was worth US$ XX million in 2021 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2029, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2022-2029).
An electrical conduit is a form of enclosure used to protect and route electrical wiring through a building or structure. An electrician installs the conduit during electrical wiring installation in the construction project. Electrical conduits are generally tubes made of polyvinyl chloride and other forms of polymers such as polypropylene and high-density polyethylene. However, steel and aluminum tubes are also used for conduits. Electrical conduits must have high flame resistance and a wide range of operating temperatures.
Increased infrastructural and construction activities mainly drive the demand for electrical conduits is a key driver for the market. The difficulty in installation, maintenance and repairing of the electrical conduit is a key factor in limiting the growth of this market.
Increase in infrastructural and construction activities
Rapid industrialization and urbanization occur globally, especially in emerging markets across Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. People migrating from rural to urban areas in search of better opportunities has resulted in increased urbanization and increased city population. Better infrastructure is required to accommodate the growing urban population. Strong economic growth has resulted in improved socioeconomic outcomes and increased disposable income. The aforementioned factors, ease of financing and increased government investment have resulted in a residential and commercial construction boom.
New residential apartments, commercial buildings, stadiums, recreational spaces, bridges, tunnels and mass transit systems are under construction globally. Electrical conduits are used to secure and guide electrical wiring throughout buildings. Therefore, the increase in infrastructural and construction activities drives the electrical conduits market.
Difficulty in installation, maintenance and repairing
Electrical conduits are notoriously difficult to install and maintain. Even when using a flexible form, the conduits must be browbeaten into the contours of the facility where it is to be installed. It takes many man-hours to complete the installation. Due to the lack of a unified architecture, there is no single installation method, thereby complicating the process. Routine maintenance such as wire replacement or repairs to the electrical wiring is stressful since pinpointing the required source is difficult and time-consuming.
Sometimes, entire sections of the conduit must be removed to find the fault in the wiring and replaced again after completing the repairs. Highly skilled electricians are required for the installation and repairs. All the above factors lead to a significant rise in costs. The high capital expenditure and the system's difficulty restrict the use of electrical conduits for high-value projects and prevent its wider adoption. It is a key challenge for the growth of the global electrical conduit market.
COVID-19 impact analysis
The global electrical conduit industry experienced uneven impacts on value chains in production and sales in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Building and construction applications saw steep declines since government-imposed lockdowns and restrictions brought a prolonged halt to manufacturing globally. Energy and utility applications saw robust growth. The main reason behind the growth was routine up-gradation and maintenance services to the energy grid and power plants. The supply chain disruptions caused by the pandemic will make it harder for the industry to recover in the post-pandemic era.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has been relatively severe for the electrical conduit industry. Major construction and industrial companies cut operating expenses and reduced capital expenditure due to the downturn brought on by the pandemic. The pandemic will not have a major impact on the medium to long-term growth of the global electrical conduit market since companies are expected to gradually ramp up capacity utilization as economic activity returns to pre-pandemic levels. The demand for electrical conduits remains strong and is expected to grow gradually in the coming years.
The global electrical conduits market is segmented into form, material, application and region. The electrical conduits market is segmented into building and construction, industrial manufacturing, IT and telecommunication, oil and gas, energy and utility and others based on application.
Building and construction are leading in this segmentation, as it is the most widely used application for electrical conduits. Electrical conduits are used extensively in almost all residential and commercial constructions to lay and direct the thousands of miles of required electrical wiring.
Asia-Pacific is leading in the global electrical conduit market. The region accounts for the leading market share, primarily due to many infrastructure projects currently underway in the region. China has one of the largest construction industries globally and is expected to add more than a trillion dollars to global construction output. The Chinese government's push to construct large-scale affordable housing has led to widespread investment in infrastructure. China is also undertaking the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a global infrastructure investment strategy.
All the major countries in the region are undergoing rapid industrialization due to conducive factors such as low labor costs, rising population, strong economic growth, easy availability of raw materials and industry-friendly government policies. Many multinational conglomerates are shifting operations to this region. It is, therefore, creating a growing demand for electrical conduits.
BRI is currently funding the construction of ports, highways, industrial zones and other infrastructure in emerging markets of Asia-Pacific, such as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos and Cambodia. India is another major economy in the region, undertaking massive investment in public infrastructure. The construction boom in Asia-Pacific generates significant demand for electrical cabling and conduits and the region is expected to retain the largest market share of the global electrical conduit market.
The global electrical conduit market is competitive due to the availability of a wide variety of pipes that cater to specific applications. Some of the major players contributing to the growth in the segment are BASF SE, Legrand S.A., Aliaxis Group S.A., Hubbell, Robroy Industries, Cantex Inc., Atkore, JM Eagle Inc., Sekisui Chemical Co. Ltd and China Lesso Holdings Ltd. The major market players adopt several growth strategies such as new product launches, joint ventures and collaborations, contributing to growth of the global industry.
Overview: Schneider Electric is a multinational company with primary interests in energy and digital automation solutions. The company's products are sold in over 115 countries through its network of subsidiaries and distributors. The company was founded in 1836 and is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France.
Product Portfolio: Mureva Flex is a flexible electrical conduit primarily intended for building and construction applications. It is manufactured from a halogen-free process and has an operating temperature range of - 25 °C to + 105 °C. The conduit is easy to install due to its simplified design and is IP 67 rated for water resistance. The conduit is certified to EC 61386-22 fire standards and complies with the low smoke standard IEC 60614-2-4 and LSFOH. It is mainly available in 25 and 50-meter rolls.
Key Developments: In December 2019, Schneider Electric introduced the TR range of electrical conduit boxes, primarily for the solar grid and backup applications.
Why Purchase the Report?
Visualize the composition of the electrical conduits market segmentation by the form, material, application and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
Identify commercial opportunities in the electrical conduits market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
Excel data sheet with thousands of global electrical conduits market-level 4/5 segmentation data points.
PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
Product mapping in excel for the critical product of all major market players
The global electrical conduits market report would provide approximately 66 market data tables, 63 figures and 217 pages.
Target Audience 2022
Electrical conduit manufacturers
Polymer pipe manufacturers
Application Investors/Investment Bankers
Education & Research Institutes
Table of Contents
1. Global Electrical Conduit Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Electrical Conduit Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Electrical Conduit Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Form
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Material
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Electrical Conduit Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 126.96.36.199. Increase in infrastructural and construction activities.
- 188.8.131.52. XX
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 184.108.40.206. Difficulty in installation, maintenance and repairing.
- 220.127.116.11. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Electrical Conduit Market - Application Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Electrical Conduit Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Electrical Conduit Market - By Form
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Form
- 7.2. Flexible
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Rigid
8. Global Electrical Conduit Market - By Material
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material Segment
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Material Segment
- 8.2. Stainless Steel
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Aluminum
- 8.4. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- 8.5. High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- 8.6. Polypropylene (PP)
- 8.7. Others
9. Global Electrical Conduit Market - By Application
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application Segment
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application Segment
- 9.2. Building & Construction
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 9.3. Industrial Manufacturing
- 9.4. IT & Telecommunication
- 9.5. Oil & Gas
- 9.6. Energy & Utility
- 9.7. Others
10. Global Electrical Conduit Market - By Region
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 10.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 10.2. North America
- 10.2.1. Introduction
- 10.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.2.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 10.2.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.2.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.2.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.2.6.1. U.S.
- 10.2.6.2. Canada
- 10.2.6.3. Mexico
- 10.3. Europe
- 10.3.1. Introduction
- 10.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.3.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 10.3.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.3.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.3.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.3.6.1. Germany
- 10.3.6.2. UK
- 10.3.6.3. France
- 10.3.6.4. Italy
- 10.3.6.5. Spain
- 10.3.6.6. Rest of Europe
- 10.4. South America
- 10.4.1. Introduction
- 10.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 10.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.4.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.4.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.4.6.1. Brazil
- 10.4.6.2. Argentina
- 10.4.6.3. Rest of South America
- 10.5. Asia-Pacific
- 10.5.1. Introduction
- 10.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 10.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.5.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.5.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.5.6.1. China
- 10.5.6.2. India
- 10.5.6.3. Japan
- 10.5.6.4. South Korea
- 10.5.6.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 10.6. Middle East and Africa
- 10.6.1. Introduction
- 10.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 10.6.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.6.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
11. Global Electrical Conduit Market - Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Scenario
- 11.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 11.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
12. Global Electrical Conduit Market- Company Profiles
- 12.1. BASF SE
- 12.1.1. Company Overview
- 12.1.2. Material Portfolio and Description
- 12.1.3. Key Highlights
- 12.1.4. Financial Overview
- 12.2. Legrand S.A.
- 12.3. Aliaxis Group S.A.
- 12.4. Hubbell
- 12.5. Robroy Industries
- 12.6. Cantex Inc.
- 12.7. Atkore
- 12.8. JM Eagle Inc.
- 12.9. Sekisui Chemical Co. Ltd
- 12.10. China Lesso Holdings Ltd.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
13. Global Electrical Conduit Market - Premium Insights
14. Global Electrical Conduit Market - DataM
- 14.1. Appendix
- 14.2. About Us and Services
- 14.3. Contact Us