Immersion cooling is the process of immersing servers, GPUs, ASICs, and other IT hardware such as memory, drives, and CPUs into the non-conductive fluid for cooling the systems. It is an effective cooling method that provides higher efficiencies. Immersion cooling is useful for reducing cooling costs, eliminating fan and power supply replacement, reduction in information technology footprint, increased density, carbon footprint reduction, minimize downtime, maximize reliability, and overclocking to increase performance. The global immersion cooling market valued USD XX million in 2018 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach USD XX million by 2026.
The market is driven by the demand of the immersion cooling for keeping the computer systems cool as the immersion cooling help in cutting the energy consumption and reducing carbon dioxide emissions. The immersion cooling is useful for reducing the costs and increasing location flexibility. The immersion cooling helps in improving the thermal design by directly immersing IT hardware in a non-conductive liquid. It is useful for increasing the hardware density and provide higher processor utilization by maintaining temperatures below the thermal limit. It significantly reduces the noise in server rooms. The immersion cooling prevents information technology equipment from environmental contaminants such as dust and sulfur. The growing usage of the internet, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and high-performance computing (HPC) shall stimulate market growth.
There is a rise in the launch of the novel immersion cooling products. For instance, in February 2020, Asperitas and Shell had launched the shell immersion cooling fluid S5X. The Shell Immersion Cooling Fluid S5X is a synthetic, single-phase immersion cooling fluid made from gas using Shell's gas-to-liquids technology. It is optimized for Asperitas' natural-convection-driven immersion cooling solutions but can also be used in the pump/forced circulation systems of other providers. The fluid is useful for reducing energy costs and emissions through its high cooling efficiency, excellent flow behavior, and thermodynamic properties.
In September 2018, Fujitsu had launched the Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY Liquid Immersion Cooling System in Japan. It is the cooling system designed to efficiently cool the entire IT devices equally by immersing it in cooling fluid. It reduces the total power consumption for the server system as a whole by about 40% in comparison to the existing air cooling systems. It provides the customers with a dramatic reduction of power consumption doubles the server density in the same installation space.
Several companies are launching the program for the adoption of immersion cooling. For instance, in September 2018, GRC had launched the global partner program to support accelerating adoption of data center liquid immersion cooling. This program provides the availability of local, well-trained, and experienced data center professionals to assist GRC's world-wide customer base in simplifying the adoption of immersion cooling systems. This pilot program focused on the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. The company would be expanding in other regions, including the Middle East and South America.
The global immersion cooling market is segmented based on product type as single-phase immersion cooling and two-phase systems immersion cooling. The single-phase immersion cooling segment account for the highest market share and expected to grow at a higher CAGR due to the higher usage of the single-phase immersion cooling because of its benefits such as high coolant heat capacity, high dielectric strength, high biodegradability and low environmental impact (GWP) in comparison to the two-phase immersion cooling systems. The single-phase immersion cooling, servers are installed vertically in a coolant bath. It transferred the heat to the coolant through direct contact with the server components. The single-phase immersion cooling provides the greater upfront affordability, easier operations, and less maintenance.
The two-phase systems immersion cooling segment is expected to have positive market growth as it provides higher energy efficiency and energy savings, improved reliability, lower maintenance requirement, and deployment flexibility. The fluorinated fluids used in two-phase systems are costly in comparison to the single-phase systems. The coolants used in the two-phase systems immersion cooling include the very high pressures as it involves the transition to the gas that involves the complex systems with significant safety systems resulting in increasing the overall operation and maintenance costs.
Further, the market is also classified based on the application as high-performance computing, edge computing, artificial intelligence, cryptocurrency mining, and others. The cryptocurrency mining segment account for the highest market share owing to the increasing usage of the cryptocurrency for the enhanced transactional security, quick international transfers, decentralized system, and fraud protection. The cryptocurrency is an alternative to fiat currency used in the present monetary system. There is growing adoption of the cryptocurrency by the entrepreneurs, start-ups, as well as large and small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). There is increasing venture funding, collaborations, and partnerships among cryptocurrency solution vendors for providing end-to-end solutions.
By region, the global immersion cooling market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East, and Africa. Among all of the regions, North America dominated the global immersion cooling market and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecasted period owing to the high number of the hyper-scale data centers in the various industries for increasing the computing ability, memory, networking infrastructure, or storage resources. There is high availability of the hyperscale data centers with the physical infrastructure and distribution systems for maximizing cooling efficiency, and ability to scale computing tasks in a quicker and faster way. The higher adoption of cloud-based computing by the various companies including Facebook and Apple shall boost the demand for the immersion cooling products in the market. In June 2017, Facebook had laid the 200-mile cable to the new data centers in Mexico. The United States accounts for the highest market share of XX% as the United States is providing tax incentives, especially for the data centers. For instance, Florida had approved the use and sales tax exemption for every new data center built in the state. Several companies are raising the investment for the development of the data center with the rising demand for the operation.
The Asia-Pacific is expected to have positive market growth due to the growing consumption of the immersion cooling. There is a growing demand for immersion cooling from high-performance computing, cryptocurrency mining, edge computing, artificial intelligence, and cloud computing. Several companies are working with the unprecedented data amount that requires higher density IT gear to work at an enterprise level with the rising adoption of the internet of things and artificial intelligence. The majority of the data centers are using immersion cooling due to its low costs and no environmental impact. The increasing capitalization rates for stabilized data centers shall stimulate market growth over the forecasted period.
The global immersion cooling market is highly competitive with the presence of several international and local markets. Product diversification, revenue generation, and opportunities intensify the market competition. Fujitsu Limited, Green Revolution Cooling Inc., Submer Technologies, Allied Control Ltd., Asperitas, Midas Green Technologies, Liquidcool Solutions, Inc., and DCX are the leading market players with significant market share.
The major players are using product development, novel product launches, market expansion, and product diversification strategies for holding their position in the market. For instance, In December 2019, CoolBitts had launched the USD USD2450 PC Immersion Cooling Kit including the chassis, coolant, fans, PCIe tray, power meter, pump, radiator, and rear IO panel.
In June 2019, DCX Liquid Cooling Company had launched the immersion liquid cooling system for crypto mining operators. This Immersion Liquid Cooling System for Crypto Mining Operators. This immersion liquid cooling system is a reliable and affordable liquid cooling solution providing energy savings, unparalleled hash rate increase, and complete noise, dust, and fire protection.
The companies are entering into the collaborations, mergers, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions to increase the demand for immersion cooling and their expansion across the globe. For instance, in May 2020, Asperitas had entered into the collaboration with the European data center owner/operator maincubes. The two companies are providing the Immersion Cooling Solutions from dedicated immersion cooling colocation suites in the maincubes Amsterdam AMS01 data center. AMS01 is also home to the European Open Compute Project (OCP) Experience Center, which aligns well with the goals of Asperitas a leading OCP standards contributor in the field of immersion cooling. The colocation suites are uniquely developed for housing Asperitas' immersion cooling technology.
In August 2019, Green Revolution Cooling had entered into the partnership with the Prasa. Under the terms of the agreement, Prasa would bring Green Revolution Cooling's high-quality immersion-cooling products, including ICEraQ, ICEtank, HashRaQ, and HashTank to the Indian data center market.
In January 2015, BitFury Group had entered into the agreement to acquire Allied Control, a Hong Kong-based tech startup that provides the cooling systems for supercomputing and data center applications. Under the terms of the agreement, Allied Control would be a subsidiary and in-house special department of BitFury Group. This acquisition would make the BitFury Group operations faster, more efficient, and better able to deploy in scale and provide the opportunity to enter a new market and eliminating a dependency.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global immersion cooling market products in terms of product type, cooling fluid type, and application and highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global immersion cooling market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global immersion cooling market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- *The global immersion cooling market report will provide access to approximately 53 market data tables, 44 figures, and 178 pages
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Immersion Cooling Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Immersion Cooling Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Immersion Cooling Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Product Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Cooling Fluid Type
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Immersion Cooling Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 4.1.3. Impact Analysis
- 4.2. Opportunity
5. Global Immersion Cooling Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.4. Pricing Analysis
6. Global Immersion Cooling Market - By Product Type
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 6.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Product Type
- 6.2. Single-Phase Immersion Cooling*
- 6.2.1. Introduction
- 6.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Mn, 2016-2025 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
- 6.3. Two-Phase Immersion Cooling
7. Global Immersion Cooling Market - By Application
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 7.2. High Performance Computing*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Mn, 2016-2025 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
- 7.3. Edge Computing
- 7.4. Artificial Intelligence
- 7.5. Cryptocurrency Mining
- 7.6. Others
8. Global Immersion Cooling Market - By Cooling Fluid Type
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Cooling Fluid Type
- 8.2. Mineral Oil*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, USD Mn, 2016-2025 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
- 8.3. Fluorocarbon-Based Fluid
- 8.4. Synthetic Oil
- 8.5. Others
9. Global Immersion Cooling Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
- 9.2.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. U.S.
- 184.108.40.206. Canada
- 220.127.116.11. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
- 9.3.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. Germany
- 22.214.171.124. U.K.
- 126.96.36.199. France
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
- 9.4.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. Brazil
- 220.127.116.11. Argentina
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
- 9.5.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. China
- 126.96.36.199. India
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. Australia
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Cooling Fluid Type
10. Global Immersion Cooling Market Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Immersion Cooling Market Company Profiles
- 11.1. Fujitsu Limited*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Form Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Green Revolution Cooling Inc.
- 11.3. Submer Technologies
- 11.4. Allied Control Ltd.
- 11.5. Asperitas
- 11.6. Midas Green Technologies
- 11.7. Iceotope Technologies Limited
- 11.8. Liquidcool Solutions, Inc.
- 11.9. Downunder Geosolutions Pty Ltd
- 11.10. DCX
- List is not exhaustive
12. Global Immersion Cooling Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Immersion Cooling Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us