Domestic birds raised for meat, eggs, manure and feathers are poultry. Duck, geese, duck, turkey, and other birds are included in poultry. Poultry farming is the domestication of meat, eggs and manure for high yields of poultry. Poultry agriculture may be carried out either as family poultry or as industrial poultry farming. Due to high nutritious feed stock with high productivity, poultry feed is an evolving sector gaining enormous importance. Meat and eggs are rich in protein and water and are 5% fat. Increasing health-conscious nature among young generations has led to a high level of protein use through poultry products, which stimulates poultry market growth. In exchange, this supports the market demand for poultry feed. Because of high profit, the poultry feed market is powered by increased poultry business in emerging economies.
Market Dynamics: Poultry feed industry is turning organized
Poultry sector is one of the fastest growing meat sectors, owing to the increase in poultry meat consumption. To feed the rising global population, increasing the productivity of poultry is important. The global poultry meat production is growing, with two-thirds of the increase originating in the Asia-Pacific region. The consumption of poultry meat in the United States is also increasing, since it is considered a convenient product that is readily available on the market. An increasing trend on the global front is poultry meat, which grew from 119,205.21 metric tonnes in 2018 to 120,884.63 metric tonnes in 2019 (OECD, 2020). In order to meet the basic feed requirements, the demand for compound feed is therefore expected to increase over the forecast period. Hence, due to increasing demand for poultry feed products, the poultry feed market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
In addition, poultry farmers are currently concentrating on improving the nutrition of poultry birds, such as broilers, ducks, turkeys, and layers. They are gradually adding feed additives to improve efficiency and ensure improved quality. In addition to improving poultry production, the use of feed additives can make them healthier and more nutritious for human consumption. With the launch of feed additives by some of the leading firms, the poultry feed market will face greater opportunities for growth in the forecast period.
However, outbreaks of poultry diseases such as avian influenza, Colibacillosis, and Mycoplasmosis pose a significant threat to the feed industry. The unbridled spread of these diseases has had a negative impact on the production of poultry, thus hampering the market for poultry feed. Over 4, 00,000 chickens and turkeys were killed in 2016 by poultry disease outbreaks in the U.S. It was not contained in poultry, but affected more than 180 individuals who had come into contact with the disease carrying chicken with salmonella. Although manufacturers continue to reel under the threat of imminent outbreaks, increasing production costs have intensified their woes. Corn and soybean meal prices have seen a threefold increase in the last few years. With maize and soybeans traditionally accounting for 90% of poultry feed, increasing prices are pushing farmers to search for alternative sources.
Market Segmentation: Broilers to exhibit higher consumption of poultry feed
The global poultry feed market has been segmented by animal type layer, broiler, turkey and others. Broiler segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. The increased demand for chicken meat due to the content of protein has emerged as an important driving factor for the growth of the market. Broilers are specifically raised for meat production. Increasing demand for chicken meat, due to the low-cost presence of protein-rich content, is causing broiler farming to grow. One of the most significant variables in broiler farming is proper nutrition. 13 vitamins, one essential fatty acid, 13 amino acids, 14-16 minerals and a source of energy for balanced nutrition are required for broiler.
Geographical Penetration: Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing regional market
By geography, Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global poultry feed market. Over the past two decades, the poultry sector in China has experienced vigorous growth, both in terms of poultry numbers and the level of output per bird. According to FAO, annual meat consumption in China alone predicted to increase from about 50 kg per capita today to approximately 70 kg per capita by 2030. The spread of intensive systems in which food conversion ratios are high is associated with higher levels of production. The production of poultry increased its share of the total livestock production of China, increasing much faster than the production of pork. The demand for poultry feed in the developing Asia-Pacific economies continues to be strong. Countries such as China and India are increasing their preference for meat from broilers. This contributes to the growing use of high-quality feed for higher populations of poultry.
The global poultry feed market is fragmented with presence of several players across various regions. The most active companies across the globe are Chareon Pokphand Foods, Cargill Inc, Alltech Inc, Archer Daniels Midland, and De Heus B.V. among others. The leading companies are focused on acquiring feed mills and small manufacturing facilities for the expansion of their businesses, in both domestic and international markets.
COVID-19 Impact: Supply chain disruptions with respect to food industry to have a negative impact on the market
Restrictions on manufacturing activities due to the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic shall cause a slump in the supply of feed, as well as its additives. The poultry industry is battling rumors of coronavirus spreading through the consumption of meat and meat products. In some regions, lockdowns have been announced to control the coronavirus pandemic, which has been impacting the movement of vehicles carrying livestock, feed, and feed ingredients. On the other hand, raw material price volatility is a major challenge faced by feed manufacturers worldwide during COVID-19. The global export for beef and chicken meat trade has been reduced due to the emerging threats from the spread of COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, economic growth in 2020 and the effect of the pandemic on consumers would dampen demand for animal protein, thus affecting the market for poultry feed.
- In March 2017, BIOMIN introduced innovative feed additive Digestarom DC that mainly helps in improving feed conversion ratio and enhances feed efficiency.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Understand the current market scenario and viability of global poultry feed over the forecast period.
- Visualize the composition of the global poultry feed market in terms of animal type, additives to identify major players, growth potential, and market strategies
- Identify the key regulations prevailing in the market and understand their impact on the market over the forecast period
- Understand the key business factors such as market competition, product pricing, new product developments, and patent filings pertaining in the market
What we offer?
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Excel data sheet with valuable data points of the global poultry feed market - Regional and Country level segmentation
- Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players
- Market Share Analysis covering business revenues ($) and revenue share (%) of key market players
- Poultry Feed Manufacturers
- Emerging Companies
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
Table of Contents
1. Global Poultry Feed Market -Scope and Methodology
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Scope of the Market
2. Global Poultry Feed Market -Key Trends and Developments
3. Global Poultry Feed Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Animal Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Additives
4. Global Poultry Feed Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market impacting factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 220.127.116.11. Increasing demand for poultry meat products
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing prevalence of disease such as bird flu
- 4.1.3. Opportunities
- 22.214.171.124. Introduction of feed additives
- 4.2. Impact analysis
5. Global Poultry Feed Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's five forces analysis
- 5.2. Supply chain analysis
- 5.3. Pricing analysis
- 5.4. Patent Analysis
- 5.5. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Poultry Feed Market - By Animal Type
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.1.1. Market size analysis, and y-o-y growth analysis (%), By Animal Type segment
- 6.1.2. Market attractiveness index, By Animal Type segment
- 6.2. Layer
- 6.2.1. Introduction
- 6.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2027 And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2019-2027
- 6.3. Broiler
- 6.4. Turkey
- 6.5. Others
7. Global Poultry Feed Market - By Additives
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market size analysis, and y-o-y growth analysis (%), By Additives Segment
- 7.1.2. Market attractiveness index, By Additives Segment
- 7.2. Antibiotics
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2027 And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2019-2027
- 7.3. Vitamins
- 7.4. Amino Acid
- 7.5. Feed Enzymes
- 7.6. Feed Acidifiers
- 7.7. Others
8. Global Poultry Feed Market - By Region
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 8.2. North America
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Key region-specific dynamics
- 8.2.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Animal Type
- 8.2.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Additives
- 8.2.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. U.S.
- 188.8.131.52. Canada
- 184.108.40.206. Mexico
- 8.3. Europe
- 8.3.1. Introduction
- 8.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.3.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Animal Type
- 8.3.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Additives
- 8.3.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. Germany
- 18.104.22.168. U.K.
- 22.214.171.124. France
- 126.96.36.199. Italy
- 188.8.131.52. Spain
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
- 8.4. South America
- 8.4.1. Introduction
- 8.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.4.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Animal Type
- 8.4.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Additives
- 8.4.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. Brazil
- 18.104.22.168. Argentina
- 22.214.171.124. Chile
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
- 8.5. Asia Pacific
- 8.5.1. Introduction
- 8.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.5.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Animal Type
- 8.5.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Additives
- 8.5.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. China
- 184.108.40.206. India
- 220.127.116.11. Japan
- 18.104.22.168. Australia & New Zealand
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 8.6. The Middle East and Africa
- 8.6.1. Introduction
- 8.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.6.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Animal Type
- 8.6.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Additives
- 8.6.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
9. Global Poultry Feed Market - Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive scenario
- 9.2. Competitor strategy analysis
- 9.3. Comparative type portfolio analysis
- 9.4. Market positioning/share analysis
- 9.5. Mergers and acquisitions analysis
10. Company Profiles
- 10.1. Charoen Pokphand Foods
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Type Portfolio and Description
- 10.1.3. Key Highlights
- 10.1.4. Financial Overview
- 10.2. Cargill Inc.
- 10.3. Alltech Inc.
- 10.4. Archer Daniels Midland
- 10.5. De Heus BV
- 10.6. Land O' Lakes Inc.
- 10.7. ForFarmers
- 10.8. Nutreco NV
- 10.9. Invivo
- 10.10. Henraajh Feeds India Pvt. Ltd.
11. Global Poultry Feed Market - Premium Insights
12. Global Poultry Feed Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About us and services
- 12.3. Contact us