Pipe insulation is a procedure of insulating pipes with a combination of different materials that protect pipes. It also prevents heat gain or heat loss from surfaces of the pipes and maintains the temperatures. Foam wraps, flexible films, and other rigid insulation materials are used to insulate pipes to protect the pipes from heat and water or moisture, chemical interactions, corrosion, or other damages and breakage. Insulation products are extensively used in various industries such as paper, automotive, chemical, agriculture, and construction. Pipe insulation products can be flexible or rigid. The raw materials are used in making the insulation products are wool, polyethylene, glass fiber, rubber, aluminum foil, and wood.
The global pipe insulation market size was worth US$ XX billion in 2019 and further predicted to reach US$ XX billion by 2027, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
Growing demand for insulation across the industries to enhance the industrial processes efficiency operating at extreme temperatures is primarily anticipated to support the market growth. Insulation assists in improving energy efficiency, reduce heat loss and minimize CO2 emissions. Besides, it also offers protection to pipelines at low temperatures, which rapidly influences pipe insulation adoption across various industries, including electric power, industrial, oil & gas, and residential.
Rising demand for green buildings
The global construction sector is expected to grow strong in emerging economies such as India and Indonesia when the focus comes to the Asia-pacific region. In Europe, the UK is a stand-out growth market for construction. In the Latin American region, developing countries such as Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico are expected to witness the construction sector's high growth. Moreover, the rising green buildings demand in the construction sector is expected to drive the pipe insulation's growth mainly. A recent survey highlight that global green building activity continued its ascent, with substantial increases in around 19 countries in the coming three years. Almost half of the total respondents are expecting 60% of their projects as green buildings by 2021. Building owners were mostly excited about green building growth, with 57% planning to make most of their projects green by 2021. Such growth in the construction sector and the rising scope for green buildings' development are expected to raise the demand for insulation pipes globally.
Rising strict regulations on the polyurethane foams production
There are rising US EPA regulations (the United States Environmental Protection Agency) on polyurethane foams production. The original technology-based rule, issued in 1998, controlled methylene chloride emission, methyl chloroform, 2,4-toluene diisocyanate (TDI), methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI), propylene oxide, diethanolamine, methanol, methyl ethyl ketone, and toluene. Methylene chloride comprised over 98% of the total hazardous air pollutant emissions from the industry. Such regulations are the main challenges for the manufacturers to increase insulation pipe production across the world.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 virus outburst has widely affected the global market economies in many terms, such as directly affecting supply chain disruption, production and demand, and financial impact. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic has directly impacted the manufacturers' supply chain worldwide with the shutdown and lockdown policies to reduce the virus's risk. Therefore, the key global manufacturers are investing in the insulation pipes' production to meet the global market's updated demand.
Despite the pandemic, there is an expectation of the overall construction industry's growth, which is expected to drive the pipe insulation's market size in the global market during the forecast period.
Based on the material, the pipe insulation market has been classified into cellular glass, polyurethane & polyisocyanurate foam, fiberglass, elastomeric foam, and others.
Polyurethane & polyisocyanurate foam segment accounted for the highest market share in the global market
The polyurethane & polyisocyanurate foam segment is expected to account for the global market's largest market share in 2019. The polyurethane & polyisocyanurate foam are progressively used to insulate pipelines used to carry cold or hot liquids. These materials are also used to reduce the heat exchange rate within the pipeline and its surrounding. The material's major application areas include chemical plants, oil & gas pipelines, and district energy systems.
The cellular glass material segment is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. This material's superior properties include excellent strength, corrosion resistance, zero vapor permeability, and moisture resistance; such benefits are projected to promote its demand across various outdoor and underground applications.
Based on the application, the pipe insulation market has been classified into industrial, building & construction, and district energy system.
Industrial segment dominated the global pipe insulation market in 2019
In 2019, the industrial application segment accounted for the largest market share in the global pipe insulation market. It is also projected to lead with the fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period. The rapid growth in demand for piping systems in industries, such as chemical, oil & gas, petrochemical, wastewater treatment, power generation, and pharmaceutical, is estimated to propel the segment growth.
The district energy system segment is estimated to be the second fastest-growing segment in the market. These systems are adopted worldwide as a practical approach to connect renewables, waste heat, thermal storage, heat pumps, and thermal grids power grids, thereby ensuring sustainable cooling and heating. Moreover, these systems are energy-efficient solutions that produce low carbon emissions compared to regular boilers. The rising environmental awareness globally and growing demand for energy-efficient solutions are projected to fuel the district energy systems demand worldwide.
Based on geography, the study analyzes the pipe insulation market in the global market, including North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
Asia Pacific leads the global market throughout the forecast period
Asia Pacific has expected it dominates the market with the largest share in the global pipe insulation market throughout the forecast period. The market's growth is primarily due to the growing industrialization in emerging economies, such as China, Mexico, Vietnam, and India. The rapid urbanization, rising per capita disposable income, and growing district energy systems demand are expected to boost the growth of the pipe insulation market. Moreover, the high growth in various industries such as food processing, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals are expected to enhance the demand for pipe insulation in the region over the forecast period.
The pipe insulation market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of big food brands. The key pipe insulation players which are contributing to the growth of the global market include Rockwool International A/S, Owens Corning, Saint-Gobain, Kingspan Group, Armacell International S.A., Huntsman Corporation, Johns Manville, Knauf Insulation, BASF SE, Covestro AG, Union Victory (HK) Industry Co., Ltd, Changzhou Andwin Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd, Zhejiang Sikelan Refrigeration Technology Co., Ltd., and Tianjin Iking Gerui Business Co., Ltd., among others. The key companies are adopting new product launch and expansion strategies for global growth in the pipe insulation market.
Overview: Rockwool International A/S engages in the manufacture and development of stone wool. It operates through the Insulation and System segment. The Insulation segment includes interior building, facade, roof, industrial, and technical insulations. The Systems segment covers acoustic ceilings, cladding boards, engineered fibers, noise and vibration control, and horticultural substrates. The company was founded in 1909 and is headquartered in Hedehusene, Denmark.
Product Portfolio: The company's portfolio comprises building insulation, industrial and technical insulation, acoustic ceilings and wall solutions, horticultural substrates, noise and vibration control solutions, facade panels, engineered fibers, stone wool products, tongue-and-groove panels, and sandwich panels.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the pipe insulation market segmentation composition by material, application, and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the pipe insulation market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of pipe insulation market - level 3 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global pipe insulation market report would provide access to an approx. 60 market data table, 49 figures, and 278 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Pipe Insulation Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Material
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Growing demand for insulation across industries
- 22.214.171.124. Insulation assists in improving energy efficiency, reduce heat loss, and minimize CO2 emissions
- 126.96.36.199. Rapidly influences pipe insulation adoption across various industries, including electric power, industrial, oil & gas, and residential.
- 188.8.131.52. Rising demand for green buildings
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 184.108.40.206. Rising strict regulations on the polyurethane foams production
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.4. PEST Analysis
- 5.5. Pricing Analysis
- 5.6. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.7. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.8. Unmet Needs
- 5.9. Patent Trends
6. Global Pipe Insulation Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Pipe Insulation Market - By Material
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material Segment
- 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Material Segment
- 7.3.1. Cellular Glass*
- 220.127.116.11. Introduction
- 18.104.22.168. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3.2. Polyurethane & Polyisocyanurate Foam
- 7.3.3. Fiberglass
- 7.3.4. Elastomeric Foam
- 7.3.5. Others
8. Global Pipe Insulation Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application Segment
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application Segment
- 8.3.1. Industrial*
- 22.214.171.124. Introduction
- 126.96.36.199. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3.2. Building & Construction
- 8.3.3. District Energy System
9. Global Pipe Insulation Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.4. North America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. U.S.
- 184.108.40.206. Canada
- 220.127.116.11. Mexico
- 9.5. Europe
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. Germany
- 22.214.171.124. U.K.
- 126.96.36.199. France
- 188.8.131.52. Italy
- 184.108.40.206. Spain
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
- 9.6. South America
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. Brazil
- 22.214.171.124. Argentina
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of South America
- 9.7. Asia Pacific
- 9.7.1. Introduction
- 9.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.7.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 9.7.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.7.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. China
- 184.108.40.206. India
- 220.127.116.11. Japan
- 18.104.22.168. Australia
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.8. Middle East and Africa
- 9.8.1. Introduction
- 9.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.8.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 9.8.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.8.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
10. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Pipe Insulation Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. Rockwool International A/S.*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Owens Corning
- 11.3. Saint-Gobain
- 11.4. Kingspan Group
- 11.5. Armacell International S.A.
- 11.6. Huntsman Corporation
- 11.7. Johns Manville
- 11.8. Knauf Insulation
- 11.9. BASF SE
- 11.10. Covestro AG
- 11.11. Union Victory (HK) Industry Co., Ltd
- 11.12. Changzhou Andwin Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd
- 11.13. Zhejiang Sikelan Refrigeration Technology Co., Ltd
- 11.14. Tianjin Iking Gerui Business Co., Ltd.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Pipe Insulation Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Pipe Insulation Market - DataM Intelligence
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us