Aseptic processing is a technique wherein thermally sterilized liquid products are commercially packaged into previously sterilized containers under sterile conditions to create shelf-stable products that do not need refrigeration. Aseptic processing has completely replaced in-container sterilization of liquid foods, such as milk, fruit juices and concentrates, liquid egg, yogurt, cream, salad dressing, and ice cream mix. There has been an ever-increasing popularity for foods that comprise small discrete particles, such as baby foods, tomato products, cottage cheese, fruit and vegetables, soups, and rice desserts.
The global aseptic processing market size was worth US$ XX billion in 2019 and further predicted to reach US$ XX billion by 2027, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
The rise in demand for eco-friendly packages is regarded as one of the major factors driving the growth of the global market. This is due to the rising awareness regarding environment and stringent regulations related to the asceptic processing. Moreover, the manufacturers are keen on integrating aseptic processing with filling operations.
Increasing urban population and demand for pharmaceutical supplies stimulate the aseptic processing demand
Increasing disposable income of people in emerging economies, improved equipment and technologies in the packaging industry, and increasing preference for eco-friendly packages, are some of the drivers for the growth of the market. This has enabled the increase in the pharmaceutical industry for packaging several liquid drugs in sterilized containers. Therefore, there is an expansion in the reach of the global aseptic processing market.
The high capital necessity for specific aseptic equipment and need for higher technological understanding act as major restraints for the market
Technological knowledge needed to set up a plant for packaging products aseptically is restraint for the aseptic processing market. A lot of knowledge is needed for establishing an aseptic processing plant as this is a key process that needs a cautious approach. Hence, manufacturers feel hesitant to step into the aseptic processing business as it needs in-depth knowledge. This trait of aseptic processing becomes an obstacle in the expansion of the market. Though, technological developments are aiding this market to streamline operational procedures without human interference; however, this would be available at a very high cost.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Due to the rapid growth of the COVID-19, the pandemic has presented a crisis, creating an strain on society and distressing millions of people across the globe. The depth of disruption are creating extraordinary challenges for industries and a growing impact on the global economy. The negative impact of a conventional economic downturn due to factory closures, movement restrictions, supply chain disruptions, and social distancing requirements, the pandemic has let the healthcare sector at the focal point. At present, the healthcare industry is observing an unparalleled demand for diagnostic tests, medical ventilators, personal protective equipment (PPE), and other medical supplies. With the theoretically high risk of infection, healthcare professionals are facing significant challenges in providing specific and effective healthcare facilities to the patients. Hospital systems are becoming swamped with the rapidly growing number of COVID-19 patients, which is considering heavily on the pharmaceutical industry. While research efforts to find efficient drugs against the novel COVID-19 are picking up pace. Therefore, the demand for asceptic processing is increasing with the rising COVID-19 patients, giving rise to the market growth in 2020. Moreover, with the rising number of infections, the demand for asceptic processing is leading to the growth of the market globally.
Based on type, the aseptic processing market has been classified into packaging and equipment.
Packaging Market: New advances making aseptic packaging more popular
The packaging market segment comprises cartons, bottles & cans, bags & pouches, vials & ampoules, pre-filled syringes, and others. In terms of value, the cartons segment held the largest share in the market. The main factor that led to this growth is the increasing demand for convenience and high-quality products in the beverages sector. Moreover, due to advancements of new drugs in the pharmaceutical sector, there is an increase in the demand for vials and ampoules, which contributes to the growth of the aseptic packaging market.
Though, several new packaging designs and shapes have entered the market, aseptic carton manufacturers usually conform to the largely favored block shape, which is preferred as it permits easy stacking for efficient storage. The carton packaging market is estimated to expand, owing to the demand for milk and dairy product packaging, and juice packaging sectors. Moreover, the demand for ready-to-serve and ready-to-go products has prompted the demand in this market, especially in the Asia Pacific region.
Equipment Market: Innovations in packaging equipment are revolutionary
The market for equipment is positively affected by the several technological advancements with the introduction of advanced robotic technologies, reducing the need for manpower, with greater efficiencies and accuracy, and consequently reducing the overall cost. The YOY growth of the packaging segment is expected to increase, owing to the escalating demand for packaging of convenience and packaged food, and pre-cut vegetables.
Based on geography, the study analyzes the aseptic processing market in the global market, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
North America is estimated to hold the largest share in the global market
Due to the growing demand for aseptic processing solutions in the developed markets, such as North America, the market is projected to hold dominated share during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to project the fastest CAGR market for aseptic packaging during the forecast period. The growth of the market is credited to the increasing demand for pharmaceutical and convenience products in countries, including China and India. This increases the consumption of aseptic packages for food, beverage, and pharmaceutical applications in the region.
The aseptic processing market is highly competitive. The key aseptic processing players which are contributing to the growth of the global market include Robert Bosch GmbH, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Tetra Laval International S.A., SPX FLOW, Inc., IMA S.p.A, Shenyang The Star Of The Arctic Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd., Drytech(Guangzhou) Technology Co., Ltd., Shenyang The Star Of The Arctic Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Sanshon Machinery Co., Ltd, Wenzhou Suote Pharmaceutical And Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd., among others. The major players are adopting new product launch and expansion strategies for global growth in the aseptic processing market.
Robert Bosch GmbH:
The Bosch Group markets technology and services. It employs around 390,000 associates worldwide. Its operations are separated into four business sectors: Industrial Technology, Mobility Solutions, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart cities, connected mobility, smart homes, and connected industry. It uses its expertise in sensor technology, software, and services, and its own IoT cloud, to present its customers connected, cross-domain solutions after a single source. The Bosch Group's strategic objective is to develop solutions for a connected life and to enhance quality of life across the globe, with products and services. The Bosch Group comprises roughly 450 subsidiaries and regional companies in around 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch's global engineering, manufacturing, and sales network cover the world. At 120 locations across the globe, Bosch employs 59,000 associates in R&D.
Product Portfolio: The company's portfolio comprises chassis systems control, steering systems, car multimedia, heating systems, electric machinery, among others
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the aseptic processing market segmentation composition by type, and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the aseptic processing market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of aseptic processing market - level 2 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global aseptic processing market report would provide access to an approx. 42 market data table, 41 figures and 230 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Aseptic Processing Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing urban population and demand for pharmaceutical supplies stimulate the aseptic processing demand
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 184.108.40.206. The high capital necessity for specific aseptic equipment and need for higher technological understanding act as major restraints for the market
- 4.1.3. Impact Analysis
5. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.4. PEST Analysis
- 5.5. Pricing Analysis
- 5.6. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.7. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.8. Unmet Needs
- 5.9. Patent Trends
6. Global Aseptic Processing Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Aseptic Processing Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type
- 7.3.1. Packaging*
- 220.127.116.11. Introduction
- 18.104.22.168. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 22.214.171.124.1. Type
- 126.96.36.199.1.1. Cartons
- 188.8.131.52.1.2. Bottles & Cans
- 184.108.40.206.1.3. Bags & Pouches
- 220.127.116.11.1.4. Vials & Ampoules
- 18.104.22.168.1.5. Pre-Filled Syringes
- 22.214.171.124.1.6. Other
- 126.96.36.199.2. Application
- 188.8.131.52.2.1. Food
- 184.108.40.206.2.2. Beverages
- 220.127.116.11.2.3. Pharmaceutical
- 18.104.22.168.2.4. Other
- 7.3.2. Equipment
- 22.214.171.124. Processing Equipment
- 126.96.36.199.1. Centrifuges & Separation Equipment
- 188.8.131.52.2. Spray Dryers
- 184.108.40.206.3. Homogenizers
- 220.127.116.11.4. Heat Exchangers
- 18.104.22.168.5. UHT (Ultra High Temperature) Treatment
- 22.214.171.124. Packaging Equipment
- 126.96.36.199.1. Aseptic Filling Equipment
- 188.8.131.52.2. Aseptic Blowers
- 184.108.40.206.3. Aseptic Filling Valves
8. Global Aseptic Processing Market - By Region
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 8.4. North America
- 8.4.1. Introduction
- 8.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. U.S.
- 18.104.22.168. Canada
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 8.5. Europe
- 8.5.1. Introduction
- 8.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. Germany
- 188.8.131.52. U.K.
- 184.108.40.206. France
- 220.127.116.11. Italy
- 18.104.22.168. Spain
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of Europe
- 8.6. South America
- 8.6.1. Introduction
- 8.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. Brazil
- 188.8.131.52. Argentina
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of South America
- 8.7. Asia Pacific
- 8.7.1. Introduction
- 8.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.7.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.7.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. China
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. Australia
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 8.8. Middle East and Africa
- 8.8.1. Introduction
- 8.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.8.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.8.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
9. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive Scenario
- 9.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 9.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
10. Global Aseptic Processing Market- Company Profiles
- 10.1. Robert Bosch GmbH*
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 10.1.3. Key Highlights
- 10.1.4. Financial Overview
- 10.2. E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- 10.3. Tetra Laval International S.A.
- 10.4. SPX FLOW, Inc.
- 10.5. IMA S.p.A
- 10.6. Shenyang The Star Of The Arctic Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd.
- 10.7. Drytech(Guangzhou) Technology Co., Ltd.
- 10.8. Shenyang The Star Of The Arctic Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd.
- 10.9. Zhejiang Sanshon Machinery Co., Ltd
- 10.10. Wenzhou Suote Pharmaceutical And Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
11. Global Aseptic Processing Market - Premium Insights
12. Global Aseptic Processing Market - DataM Intelligence
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About Us and Services
- 12.3. Contact Us
Suggestions for Related Market Report:
- Global Packaging Market
- Global Equipment market
- Global Processing Equipment Market