Slowing population growth is slowing down the momentum of packaged food sales overall in Malaysia. Additionally, fewer consumers are cooking and eating meals at home, preferring to eat out instead. In retail, prices in packaged foods have also increased, along with high shelf fees in supermarkets. New government rules and regulations, such as sugar tax implementation in July 2019 and Sales and Service Tax imposed for packaging materials in September 2019, have also caused retail selling prices t...
Euromonitor International's‘ Packaged Food in Malaysia report’ offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, the leading brands and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new product developments, distribution or pricing issues. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Packaged Food market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Slowing population growth, taxes, and food scares take their toll on packaged food
Flavour innovations meet young consumers' demand for new exotic tastes
Players choose small as perfect for both product sizes and independent outlets
Keeping it local and independent to meet consumers' call for convenience
Slow growth has players looking to food service for fast distribution
Sales to Foodservice
Packaged food suppliers cater to demand for easy preparation due to shortage of foreign workers
Bulk deals direct to foodservice operators gives a win-win result
Holstein Milk and Kawan Food get tasty with foodservice offerings
Location is key to attract consumers to dine out
Cashless is king for Touch 'n Go eWallet, as the app leads the mobile trend
Food delivery services take advantage of technology and drop off by drone
- Table 1 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 2 Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 4 Forecast Foodservice Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 5 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2014-2019
- Table 6 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 7 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2014-2019
- Table 8 Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 9 GBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 10 NBO Company Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 11 LBN Brand Shares of Packaged Food: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 12 Penetration of Private Label by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 13 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Packaged Food by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Volume 2019-2024
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Volume Growth 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Packaged Food by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Summary 1 Research Sources