The number of obese people in Vietnam rose fourfold between 2007 and 2017 according to a report from the National Institute of Nutrition. This can be largely attributed to Vietnamese consumers' penchant for fast food and a general lack of exercise, often due to increasingly busy and stressful lifestyles. Secondly, Vietnamese consumers have also become more aware of their personal appearance due to the rise of social media networks. These factors have led to consumers becoming more willing to buy...
Euromonitor International's Weight Management and Wellbeing in Vietnam report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Meal Replacement, OTC Obesity, Slimming Teas, Supplement Nutrition Drinks, Weight Loss Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Weight Management and Wellbeing market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
Demand Driven by Rising Obesity and Consumers Becoming More Conscious of Their Appearance
Meal Replacement Records the Strongest Performance
Abbott Remains the Clear Category Leader
International Companies Outperform Local Players
- Table 1 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Weight Management and Wellbeing: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Weight Management and Wellbeing by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
Consumer Health Registers Another Strong Performance in 2018
Dietary Supplements Benefiting From Strong Attention From Both Manufacturers and Consumers
International Manufacturers Continue To Outperform Local Players
Number of Chemists/pharmacies Increases Significantly in 2018
Vietnam Expected To Attract New Players Over the Forecast Period
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 13 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 15 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
OTC Registration and Classification
Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources