Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Drones Drive Opportunities to Transform the Oil and Gas Sector
Digitization trends and automation technologies can significantly improve efficiency of processes and efficiency of oil and gas plants. This is owing to their ability to perform seamless operations and enable informed decision-making by means of data analysis using AI-based software analytics platforms. Conventionally, the oil and gas industry has adopted traditional technologies such as fixed wing aircraft and a human work force to monitor operations. However, this does not enable precise monitoring because manual inspections are prone to error. It is also increasingly difficult to inspect hazardous and cluttered areas. This has resulted in a need to adopt disruptive technologies in the oil and gas industry.
There has been a large amount of available information in the oil and gas industry which has not been processed over time and can potentially yield actionable insights when utilized effectively. Technology convergence in oil and gas sector has witnessed adoption of several technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation, Big Data analytics, advanced sensor technologies, autonomous robots and drones, which can enable effective inspection of oil rig sites, corrosion and leaks monitoring, enable predictive maintenance of equipment thereby resulting in much higher efficiency. The technology and innovation report “Technology Convergence Impacting Oil and Gas Sector” covers enabling technologies driving the future of oil and gas sector. The report captures information on technology and application landscape, key stakeholder initiatives, and growth opportunities for technologies in smarter and modern workplace.
Key questions addressed in the innovation report:
- What are the key emerging technologies that are likely to have a high impact on oil and gas sector?
- What are the benefits and applications of the technologies enabling oil and gas sector?
- How are organizations impacting the digitization trend in oil and gas sector?
- What are some key use case scenarios showcasing impact of technology adoption?
- Who are the major influencers and what are the recent technology initiatives?
- What are future growth opportunities?
Table of Contents
1.0. Executive Summary
- 1.1. Scope of Research
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Artificial Intelligence, Emerging as One of the Key Technologies to Enable Digitization of Oil and Gas Sector
- 1.5. Adoption of Emerging Technologies Has a High Impact on Improving Productivity
2.0. Technology Convergence - Enabling Technologies and Applications Landscape
- 2.1. Digital Technologies Help Transform the Oil and Gas Industry
- 2.2. Technology Convergence Influencing the Oil and Gas Industry
- 2.3. Impact of Technology Convergence in the Oil and Gas Sector
- 2.4. Factors Influencing Adoption of Technology - Process Optimization, Worker Safety, Predictive Maintenance, Efficiency
- 2.5. Factors Hindering Adoption of Technology - Reliability, Readiness of Workflow, Fiscal Administration, Infrastructure, and Integration
3.0. Artificial Intelligence - Impact Assessment and Stakeholder Initiatives
- 3.1. Artificial Intelligence is Transforming the Oil and Gas Industry with Applications in Exploration and Developments
- 3.2. The Oil and Gas Industry Upstream Sector Process Using Artificial Intelligence
- 3.3. Artificial Intelligence Applications - Use Case Scenarios in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 3.4. Stakeholder Initiatives for Artificial Intelligence in the Oil and Gas Industry at Every Stage of the Process
- 3.5. Impact Analysis of Artificial Intelligence in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 3.6. Recent Initiatives in the Oil and Gas Industry to Adopt Artificial Intelligence Enabling Improved Exploration and Production
- 3.7. Strategic Partnerships Promote Artificial Intelligence Advancements to Enable Better Oil Refining Strategies
- 3.8. Use Case Scenario: Artificial Intelligence Capabilities in Oil and Gas Ensures Effective Use of Time for Data Collection
- 3.9. Way Forward on Leveraging Artificial Intelligence in the Oil and Gas Industry
4.0. Autonomous Robots - Impact Assessment and Stakeholder Initiatives
- 4.1. Opportunities for Autonomous Robots in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 4.2. Robotic Technologies Adopted in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 4.3. Key Robotic Developments for the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry
- 4.4. Analysis of Areas of Impact Owing to Automation with Robotic Technologies
- 4.5. Benefits of Leveraging Robotics in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 4.6. Use Case Scenario: Autonomous Surface Robots Enable Safe Operation in Extreme Conditions
- 4.7. Strategic Questions About Automation with Robotic Technologies that Impact the Oil and Gas Industry
- 4.8. Stakeholder Initiatives - Robotics Collaborative Encourages Adoption of Robots in Oil and Gas Sector
- 4.9. Stakeholder Initiatives - Mobile Robots Have Been Developed for Maintenance and Inspection
5.0. Drones - Impact Assessment and Stakeholder Initiatives
- 5.1. Significance of Drones in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 5.2. Factors that Enhance Adoption of Drones in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 5.3. Applications of Drones in Oil and Gas Sector
- 5.4. Uses of Drone Data for the Oil and Gas Industry
- 5.5. Supply Chain Analysis of Drones in Oil and Gas Sector
- 5.6. Use Case Scenario: Drones Can be Deployed in Inaccessible Areas at Oil and Gas Sites for Detailed Inspection
- 5.7. Use Case Scenario: Drones Deployed for 3D Survey of Offshore Oil Rig Platform
- 5.8. Stakeholder Initiatives - Partnerships and Best Practices of Drone Deployment in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 5.9. Stakeholder Initiatives - Drone Advancements to Ensure Worker Safety
6.0. Technology Forecast and Growth Opportunities
- 6.1. Five Year Forecast on Future of the Oil and Gas Industry
- 6.2. Strategic Industrial Alliances are Enabling Development of End-to-end Customer Solutions
- 6.3. Advancements in Artificial Intelligence-based Software Enable Informed Decision-making
7.0. Industry Contacts
- 7.1. Key Industry Contacts