Lecture Capture Solutions Have Quickly Become Crucial to Business and Educational Institution Ecosystems
This research measures the impact of COVID-19 on the global e-learning market. The e-learning ecosystem follows the entire learning flow: content creation with lecture capture solutions (LCS); publishing with massive online open courses (MOOCs) and dynamic publishing tools; management with learning management solutions (LMS); creating opportunities for collaboration with social learning and video conferencing platforms; and accessing the information through devices. Big Data helps enterprises and institutions measure the success of their educational and training programs.
Significant changes have occurred in how K-12 and higher education students and enterprise employees tolerate technology. Students and employees want access to educational content anytime, anywhere, and across various types of devices. With school closures and work-from-home mandates, the coronavirus pandemic has forced educational institutions and organizations to deliver on these needs by increasing the adoption of e-learning solutions to recreate the in-class experience online. There is an unprecedented adoption of video for teaching and collaborative purposes; LCS has become a critical component of the e-learning ecosystem.
An LCS solution is a platform (software, hardware, service, or hybrid) that records an educational meeting, lesson, or presentation in digital format for concurrent or later viewing. These solutions enable content to be captured, stored, accessed, and annotated online for streaming or for ad-hoc, on-demand consumption on diverse connected end-user devices, including PCs, tablets, and phones. For the purposes of this e-learning insight, Frost & Sullivan will focus on the impact of COVID-19 on the LCS market.
In the coronavirus pandemic, when face-to-face teaching and collaboration is not possible, the demand for video in education and corporate learning has shown phenomenal growth. This has bolstered demand for LCS that allows educators to record and deliver lectures and record virtual class interactions, and for students to submit video assignments. To support educational institutions and faculty who are being forced to adopt these solutions at a faster rate than they expected, vendors are providing short-term product trials and resources to help educators onboard quickly and increase in platform users at little to no cost.
Vendors shared that while K-12 is expressing a high demand for these solutions, many potential clients do not have the budgets to make the necessary investment. The market is also restrained by long sales cycles, lack of infrastructure to support online learning programs, sunken investment in homegrown solutions, and customer confusion about which solutions will solve their problems.
In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, Frost & Sullivan considers 2 possible scenarios. In the first, more conservative scenario, Frost & Sullivan assumes that it will take more than 18 months to contain the virus, and that businesses will resume operations at full capacity after 2 years. In the second, more aspirational scenario, Frost & Sullivan assumes that COVID-19 will be contained by August, and businesses will be able to resume operations at full capacity before the end of 2020.
This study also presents key market trends, a market outlook, vendor analysis, and growth opportunities.
- Global market trend analyses, including market drivers, market restraints and technology trends
- Detailed revenue forecasts for the E-learning market with a focus on Lecture Capture Solutions, including a Conservative market forecast and an Aspirational market forecast.
- Growth Opportunities in the E-learning Market over the next 5 years.
- Companies to action and future market outlook.
Base year of the forecast is 2019, and a forecast period from 2020-2025. Market revenue is measured in US Dollars.
COVID-19 has been a disruptive catalyst across every industry. Our research has uncovered the following top of mind issues:
- Cash and Liquidity Crisis
- Employee Morale, Motivation and Productivity
- Diminished Sales Pipelines
- Disrupted Supply Chains
- Cost and Operations Optimization
- Revisiting Established/Traditional Business Models
- Changing/evolving Customer Engagement Models
- Rebuilding of the Growth Pipeline - Preparing for the Rebound
The research highlights key trends impacting E-learning market and outlines future implications. These trends include an increase in the adoption of blended learning pedagogies, a growth in continued learning, improving accesibility compliance and the use of big data to identify at risk students.
Readers who will benefit from this research include E-learning vendors, Lecture Capture Solutions vendors, organizations looking to better understand the E-learning market, education, and business organizations looking to invest in these solutions, and any company looking to venture into the market.
Key Issues Addressed:
- In light of the pandemic is the market growing? If so, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the trends in the E-learning market, and what are the implications for the global growth strategies of vendors?
- What are vendors doing to innovate in the market? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
- What are the major drivers and restraints in the E-learning market?
- What are the growth opportunities in the E-learning market?
- Which market segment is growing faster Education or Enterprise?
Table of Contents
- The Strategic Imperative
- COVID-19 Impact Summary
Future of the GLOBAL E-Learning
- E-LEARNING Market Overview
- Key Forecast Criteria
- Scenario 1: Conservative Forecast
- Scenario 1: Conservative Forecast (continued)
- Scenario 1: Conservative Forecast Discussion
- Scenario 2: Aspirational Forecast
- Scenario 2: Aspirational Forecast (continued)
- Scenario 2: Aspirational Forecast Discussion
- Other Forecast Trends
- LCS Market Future Outlook
Companies to Action
- Opportunity 1: Increasing Demand for AI to Create a Personalized earning xperience
- Increasing Demand for AI to Create a Personalized Learning Experience
Appendix: Growth Pipeline Engine™
- About the Growth Pipeline Engine™
- Next Steps
- Legal Disclaimer