Europe's Latin America's population reached 630 million by the end of 2017. The region's population will grow to 661 million by the end of 2022, translating into a CAGR of 1% over 2017-2022. Brazil (208 million) and Mexico (122 million) are the most populous countries in the region.
Mobile users in Latin America reached 466.9 million by the end of 2017 and will increase to 536.9 million by the end of 2022, indicating a 2.8% CAGR over the period. This is led by improving coverage of 3G/4G networks along with significant growth in M2M connections in the region.
LATAM's mobile subscriptions reached 706.7 million by 2017-end and will increase to 801.4 million by 2022-end, growing at 2.5% CAGR over the forecast period. While mobile penetration of population will increase from 112.2% in 2017-end to 121.3% at 2022-end. Costa Rica, Uruguay and Chile boast the highest mobile penetration in the region.
Meanwhile, 4G will surpass 3G as leading mobile technology in 2019 and will go on to register 65.2% of total mobile subscriptions by 2022-end, as the governments and operators are focusing on 4G network expansion across the region. Latin American countries will launch 5G services in 2020.
The report "Mobile Broadband Trends in Latin America", provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Latin America. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends in the region.
Companies mentioned in this report: Porto Seguro, Datora, Falabella Movil,Telestar, Simple, Virgin Mobile, Inkacel, Xinwei, EUTV, Personal, Nextel, AT&T, Claro, Nokia, Movistar Argentina, MNO ICE(Kolbi), Tigo, Vodafone, TIM
- Data services revenue will account for 65.2% of total mobile service revenue generated in 2022 from 45.7% in 2017.
- MVNOs registered 9 million subscriptions in 2017, accounting for 1% of total mobile subscriptions.
- The first 5G subscriptions in the region will come alive in 2020. By year-end 2022, there will be 20.2 million 5G subscriptions in the region.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Latin America's mobile telecommunications markets trends in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Latin America's mobile communications markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Latin America.
Table of Contents
- Table of contents 3
- List of exhibits 4
- Key takeaways 5
- Latin America highlights 6
Section 1: Latin America in a global context 7
- Latin America demographics 8
- Latin America in a global context 9
Section 2: Competitive dynamics 11
- Competitive dynamics in Latin America 12
- Latin America's main competitive market trends 13
Section 3: Mobile broadband subscription trends in Europe 14
- Mobile user trends in Latin America 15
- Mobile technology trends in Latin America 17
- 5G Innovators: Mexico, Chile, and Argentina in pole position in Latin America 18
- Mobile device trends in Latin America 19
- M2M trends in Latin America 21
- Mobile data traffic trends in Latin America 22
Section 4: Mobile Broadband revenue trends in Latin America 23
Section 5: Key findings 26
- Companies mentioned 29
- Acronyms and definitions 30
- About the authors 31
- Related research 32
- Contact information 33