The connected patient theme covers all the ways in which a patient is enabled to drive their own healthcare progression. Allowing patients to easily and remotely access their health data and health providers empowers patients to drive treatment options and take control of their own health.
Remote patient monitoring and telehealth are the main themes covered in this report. They provide patients with convenience and have the potential to reduce healthcare costs. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the use of these technologies and this growth is expected to continue into the future, beyond the pandemic. In most cases data collected from these portals are recorded in patient electronic health records, which allow for access by both physicians and patients.
In addition to health apps directly connected to medical devices and healthcare providers, there are also many health and fitness apps, which have shown tremendous growth in the past 10 years. Mobile health and fitness apps may not directly connect patients to their physicians and healthcare providers, but connect them to a wealth of health data and allow them to track and control their own health progression.
This report explores the theme of connected patient, through coverage of telehealth, remote patient monitoring, personal health data, health and fitness wearables and apps and more.
- This report is a thematic brief, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and disrupting companies.
- The report covers the connected patient theme.
- It includes case studies of emerging technology trends.
Reasons to Buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector. However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This connected patient thematic report provides a top-down outlook for the key players and trends over the next few years.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- APPENDIX: OUR "THEMATIC" RESEARCH METHODOLOGY