This IDC study provides a detailed description of IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Robotics and Drones Spending Guide methodology and taxonomy. It should be used as a companion piece for IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Robotics and Drones Spending Guide and all of IDC's worldwide industry research. Technology suppliers may utilize this approach and structure as well to help them build an industry-focused organization."IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Robotics and Drones Spending Guide presents a comprehensive view of the robotics and drone ecosystem," said Jessica Goepfert, program director, IDC's Customer Insights and Analysis Group. "It is an invaluable resource to help vendors define and standardize their vocabulary for approaching this expanding and dynamic market."
IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Robotics and Drones Spending Guide Taxonomy
Semiannual Robotics and Drones Spending Guide Taxonomy Changes for 2H17
- Technology Changes: Addition of Enterprise Network
- Use Case Adjustments: More Detailed Definitions for Supply Delivery and Waste Disposal
- What Is a Vertical Industry?
- Economic Entities, Enterprises, and Establishments
- IDC's Sector and Associated Primary Vertical Markets
- Overlap with IDC's Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Coverage of Autonomous Vehicles
- Drones Versus Robots
- Addressable Market
- Robotics Use Cases
- Drone Use Cases
- Technology View of the Robotics and Drone Market
- Related Research