This IDC study provides details of IDC's Worldwide Internet of Things Spending Guide (IoT SG) taxonomy. This document is to be used as a companion piece for IDC's Worldwide Internet of Things Spending Guide. Technology suppliers may utilize this forecast structure to help them build an industry-focused outlook to pursue Internet of Things market opportunities. The research methodology used to develop the IoT SG is also referenced."IDC's Worldwide IoT Spending Guide is released twice annually with the goal to improve forecast quality and accuracy in light of latest market developments," said Marcus Torchia, research director, Customer Insights and Analysis Group at IDC. "In the latest release, the COVID-19 pandemic rippling across all industries and geographies underlies the impact on the IoT market. The IoT Spending Guide captures the big hit in 2020, and the recovery period in the following years.
IDC's Worldwide Internet of Things Spendng Guide Taxonomy
Internet of Things Spending Guide Taxonomy Changes for 2020
- What Is a Vertical Industry?
- Economic Entities, Enterprises, and Establishments
- IDC's Sector and Associated Primary Vertical Markets
- Defining the Internet of Things
- Addressable Market
- Technology View of the IoT Market
- Overlap with Other IDC Spending Guide Research
- Overlap Across 3rd Platform Technologies
- Overlap Across Innovation Accelerators
- Overlap Between 3rd Platform Technologies and Innovation Accelerators
- Specific Notes for Overlap in Robotics and Drones Coverage
- Related Research