This IDC Market Forecast quantifies the Western European MFP market in detail, analyzing issues, trends, and product advances. It contains IDC's review and forecast of the Western European MFP market for 2020 to 2024"Although shipments at the start of the year were in line with forecasts, the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated market declines, resulting in a sharp decline in shipments for 2020. Although there will be some recovery in 2021, the way people work and communicate in the future will continue to have a negative impact on shipments," said Phil Sargeant, program director, Imaging, Hardware, and Document Solutions.
IDC Market Forecast Figure
Advice for Technology Suppliers
- Drivers and Inhibitors
- Simple, Flexible Contracts can Secure Cash Flow from Home and Business Users
- Sustainability Initiatives on MFPs can Help Customers Prove Their own Sustainability
- Workers may Continue to Migrate from the Office to Home Locations
- Economic Woes will Force Many Organizations to Reduce Costs
- Increased Digitization Across All Industries will Ultimately Lead to Less Printing
- Significant Market Developments
- COVID-19 has Seriously Impacted Growth for MFP Hardware and Supplies
- Xerox Ends Its Takeover Bid for HP Inc.
- Changes from Prior Forecast
- MFP Technology Definitions