The full report suite on the U.S. market for diabetes monitoring, treatment and drug delivery includes blood glucose meters, blood glucose test strips, lancets and lancing devices, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), insulin, inulin pens, insulin syringes and insulin pumps. Sanofi and Novo Nordisk recently launched next-generation insulin products: insulin glargine U-300 (Toujeo®) and insulin degludec (Tresiba®), respectively. Both of these insulin analogs are "ultra-long-acting" and have an average duration of 24 to 36 hours, which means that patients will only be required to perform once-daily injections. Novo Nordisk is currently developing Ryzodeg®, a premixed insulin analog comprising insulin degludec (Tresiba®) and insulin aspart (NovoLog®), in addition to an "ultra-rapid-acting" insulin analog, which are both expected to be launched during the forecast period. The insulin-dependent patient population is expected to transition to next-generation insulin products and will contribute to the growth of the insulin market and associated insulin delivery markets.
Segments Covered in this Procedure Volume Research
This market study focuses specifically on the volume of procedures. It includes analysis of procedures.
This data outlines the exact growth rates for procedures. If you're interested in seeing the trends in procedures to formulate your market sizing and forecasts this is the most accurate and most affordable way to do it.
About Procedure Volume Research (MedPro)
Our analysts meticulously research for 3 to 4 months to put together a suite of reports, which is a comprehensive analysis on a group of healthcare markets. A MedPro is one portion of that analysis that outlines only the procedure volumes and forecasts for each market in that suite of reports.
This procedural analysis is incorporated in our market size analysis and forecasting which are available when purchasing a MedSuite, MedView or MedCore.
Where Do We Get Our Procedure Data?
Our team of analysts has proprietary data that we've been collecting for over a decade as well as government and private databases like that from CMS and hospital records. By looking at multiple sources we are able to triangulate on orthopedic soft tissue procedure volumes that influence and coincide with our overall market sizing.
Questions This Report will Help You Answer:
What is affecting the volume of procedures?
How many procedures were done in 2016?
How many procedures were done historically?
How many procedures can we expect in 2023 and what is the growth trend?
TABLE OF CONTENTS I
LIST OF FIGURES III
LIST OF CHARTS IV
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 1
U.S. DIABETES MONITORING, TREATMENT AND DRUG DELIVERY MARKET OVERVIEW 1
COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS 4
MARKET TRENDS 7
MARKET DEVELOPMENTS 9
PROCEDURE NUMBERS 10
PROCEDURE CODES INVESTIGATED 10
MARKETS INCLUDED 11
KEY REPORT UPDATES 13
VERSION HISTORY 13
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 14
- 1.1 RESEARCH SCOPE 14
- 1.2 IDATA'S 9-STEP METHODOLOGY 14
- Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection 14
- Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research 16
- Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design 17
- Step 4: Performing Primary Research 18
- Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates 20
- Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis 21
- Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities 23
- Step 8: Final Review and Market Release 24
- Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring 25
DISEASE OVERVIEW 26
- 2.1 INTRODUCTION 26
- 2.1.1 Types of Diabetes 26
- 2.1.2 Diabetes Complications 28
- 2.1.3 Risk Factors Associated with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes 30
- 2.1.4 Signs and Symptoms 31
- 2.1.5 Diabetes Monitoring 33
- 2.1.6 Treatment 35
- 2.1.7 Drug Delivery Systems 36
- 3.1 PROCEDURE OVERVIEW 38
- 3.1.1 Professional CGM Sensors Placed 38
LIST OF CHARTS
- Chart 1 1: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market by Segment, U.S., 2013 - 2023 3
- Chart 1 2: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market Overview, U.S., 2013 &2023 3
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1 1: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market Share Ranking by Segment, U.S., 2016 (1 of 2) 4
- Figure 1 2: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market Share Ranking by Segment, U.S., 2016 (2 of 2) 5
- Figure 1 3: Companies Researched in this Report, U.S., 2016 6
- Figure 1 4: Factors Impacting the Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market by Segment, U.S. (1 of 2) 7
- Figure 1 5: Factors Impacting the Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market by Segment, U.S. (2 of 2) 8
- Figure 1 6: Recent Events in the Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Market, U.S., 2013 - 2016 9
- Figure 1 7: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Markets Covered, U.S., 2016 10
- Figure 1 8: Procedure Codes Investigated, U.S., 2016 10
- Figure 1 9: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Markets Covered, U.S., 2016 (1 of 2) 11
- Figure 1 10: Diabetes Monitoring, Treatment and Drug Delivery Markets Covered, U.S., 2016 (2 of 2) 12
- Figure 1 11: Key Report Updates 13
- Figure 1 12: Version History 13
- Figure 2 1: Major Types of Diabetes and Related Pathologies, U.S., 2016 27
- Figure 2 2: Risk Factors Associated with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, U.S., 2016 31
- Figure 2 3: Signs and Symptoms Associated with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, U.S., 2016 32