The global advertising market reached a value of US$ 590.3 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 792.7 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Advertising refers to a means of communication through which various brands inform about their product or service as well as influence the consumer buying behavior. It further aids consumers in learning about upcoming events and discovering new products or services. With time, the advertisers have realized the potential of mobile devices as a medium of reaching an individual or mass audience virtually from anywhere and at any time. As a result, the advertising industry has evolved from traditional media platforms to online and digital advertising.
There is a continual increase in the expenditure on media and entertainment across the globe. This essentially indicates to the steadily rising consumer expenditure capacity for acquiring internet access, subscribing to newspapers and magazines, and television and radio, along with video gaming and regular visits to movie theaters. Advertising brands and companies, on the other hand, have never failed to attract consumers' attention and have continuously increased their investments on advertising as it is essential for a company's survival. Apart from this, mobile advertising has witnessed exponential growth over the past few years as it has emerged as a cost-effective, convenient, and highly targeted way of communication for specific groups of mobile users. Moreover, several leading advertising agencies are nowadays significantly investing in digital advertising, which is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Breakup by Type:
- Print (Newspaper and Magazine)
- Internet (Search, Display, Classified, Video)
Television advertising currently dominates the market, holding the majority of the overall market share. This can be attributed to the prevalence of televisions, which has made them one of the preferred modes of advertisement.
Breakup by Region:
- At present, North America holds the largest market share.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been characterized by the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- WPP Group PLC
- Omnicom Group Inc.
- Publicis Groupe
- The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
- Dentsu Inc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global advertising market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the popular types of advertisements in the market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global advertising market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global advertising market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global advertising market?
- What is the structure of the global advertising market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global advertising market?
Table of Contents
2 Scope and Methodology
- 2.1 Objectives of the Study
- 2.2 Stakeholders
- 2.3 Data Sources
- 2.3.1 Primary Sources
- 2.3.2 Secondary Sources
- 2.4 Market Estimation
- 2.4.1 Bottom-Up Approach
- 2.4.2 Top-Down Approach
- 2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Introduction to the Global Advertising Market
- 4.1 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 4.2 Impact of COVID-19
- 4.3 Performance of Various Segments
- 4.4 Performance of Various Regions
- 4.5 Key Players and their Market Shares
- 4.6 Market Forecast
5 Global Advertising Market: Industry Performance
- 5.1 Global Television Advertising Market
- 5.1.1 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 5.1.2 Performance of Various Segments
- 5.1.3 Performance of Various Regions
- 5.1.4 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.1.5 Market Forecast
- 5.2 Global Print Advertising Market
- 5.2.1 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 5.2.2 Newspaper Advertising Market
- 126.96.36.199 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 188.8.131.52 Major Newspapers: Performance by Readership
- 184.108.40.206 Market Forecast
- 5.2.3 Magazine Advertising
- 220.127.116.11 Current and Historical Market Trends
- 18.104.22.168 Major Magazines: Performance by Readership
- 22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
- 5.2.4 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.2.5 Market Forecast
- 5.3 Global Radio Advertising Market
- 5.3.1 Current and Historical Trends
- 5.3.2 Global Radio Advertising Market: Performance by Region
- 5.3.3 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.3.4 Market Forecast
- 5.4 Global Outdoor Advertising Market
- 5.4.1 Current and Historical Trends
- 5.4.2 Performance by Region
- 5.4.3 Performance of Various Segments
- 5.4.4 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.4.5 Market Forecast
- 5.5 Global Internet Advertising Market
- 5.5.1 Current and Historical Trends
- 5.5.2 Performance of Various Regions
- 5.5.3 Search Advertising Market
- 126.96.36.199 Current and Historical Trends
- 188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
- 5.5.4 Display Advertising Market
- 184.108.40.206 Current and Historical Trends
- 220.127.116.11 Market Forecast
- 5.5.5 Classified Advertising Market
- 18.104.22.168 Current and Historical Trends
- 22.214.171.124 Market Forecast
- 5.5.6 Video Advertising Market
- 126.96.36.199 Current and Historical Trends
- 188.8.131.52 Market Forecast
- 5.5.7 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.5.8 Most Visited Websites
- 5.5.9 Market Forecast
- 5.6 Global Mobile Advertising Market
- 5.6.1 Current and Historical Trends
- 5.6.2 Performance of Various Regions
- 5.6.3 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.6.4 Market Forecast
- 5.7 Global Cinema Advertising Market
- 5.7.1 Current and Historical Trends
- 5.7.2 Performance of Various Regions
- 5.7.3 Contribution of Major Industries
- 5.7.4 Market Forecast
6 Global Advertising Market: SWOT Industry Analysis
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 Strengths
- 6.3 Weaknesses
- 6.4 Opportunities
- 6.5 Threats
7 Global Advertising Market: Value Chain Analysis
- 7.1 Research
- 7.2 Content Development
- 7.3 Advertising Agency
- 7.4 Advertising Media
- 7.5 Audience
8 Global Advertising Market: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 8.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 8.4 Degree of Competition
- 8.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 8.6 Threat of Substitutes
9 Global Advertising Market: Top Players
- 9.1 WPP Group PLC
- 9.2 Omnicom Group Inc.
- 9.3 Publicis Groupe
- 9.4 The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.
- 9.5 Dentsu Inc.