Industrial Robotics Market Overview:
Right after the services sector, different kind of industries plays a very impactful role in the growth of the global economy. In India for example, in 2017-2018, industries accounted for 29.1% of the annual GDP which is reflective of the massive reach of industrial production. Consistent demand from the industrial sector requires enhanced levels of production. Hence, industries are now replacing manual labor with industrial robots, which provide a higher return of investment, while creating a work environment of safety and precision. According to the International Federation of Robotics, industrial robot sales throughout the world increased by 31% in the year 2018. This is largely credited to the increased efficiency with which industrial robots work while causing negligible financial investments to companies apart from initial setup cost.
The world is approaching interesting times where robot handling will become easier with artificial intelligence industry experts trying to introduce intuitive procedures in robots for simplification of their working. Industrial robotics market size stood at $7,800-8,500 million in 2018 and the market demand will grow with a healthy CAGR of 3%-5% during the forecast period of 2019-2025.
Industrial Robotics Market Outlook:
Industrial robots are machines used inside manufacturing units for performing various industrial procedures like welding, painting, packaging and labeling, palletizing¸ product inspection, and testing. They are of various types, some of which include articulated robots, cylindrical robots, SCARA robots, and Cartesian robots. APAC region is the largest producer and employer of industrial robots in the world with a regional share of 40%-50% in 2018, owing to the thriving automotive industry in developing countries like China, Japan, and India. According to the International Federation of Robotics, China installed 138,000 industrial robots in the year 2017. Workforce shortage and lack of productivity in this high paced world are some of the major challenges faced by automotive industries today. This is the reason why using industrial robots in these industries is supporting growth that is future-oriented. The application segment of the automotive industry is expected to grow at a standard CAGR of 2%-5%.
Industrial Robotics Market Growth Drivers:
A Higher Return Of Investment
Through the usage of industrial robots in manufacturing units, key market players are able to have massive financial savings. Robots do not need salaries, hence employers are able to quickly recover on initial setup costs. Robots are also consistent and do not introduce variability into their work by not taking leaves or sabbaticals like humans. This factor drives the industrial robotics market growth to a large extent.
Creation Of A Safer Work Environment
Since industrial robots work with enhanced efficiency, a safe work environment is created because of them. Unlike manual labor, robots do not experience injuries or fatalities in the workplace. Precision and accuracy are the top advantages of working with these robots, something that isn't a constant in manual work. These aspects encourage industries to buy robots and expand their businesses, thereby boosting the industrial robotics market growth.
Industrial Robotics Market Challenges:
According to the International Monetary Fund, after a rapid rise in 2017, global industrial production and trade have tremendously slowed down since 2018. Imposed tariffs by several countries have been the major cause for this slowdown. Resultantly, this has become a challenge for the industrial robotics market. Gradual progression of economic growth by reduction of customs duties will involuntarily combat this challenge, and provide impetus to the market.
Industrial Robotics Market
Industrial Robotics Market Key Players Perspective:
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, founded in Japan, one of the world's leading automation companies in the world has developed a series of industrial robots titled MELFA FR Series. These robots are designed for performing multiple tasks simultaneously as compared to standalone tasks that the previous generation robots performed.
Some of the key players in the industrial robotics market are Fanuc Corporation, ABB Ltd, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, Adept Technology, Apex Automation & Robotics, Ellison, Kawasaki, Fujikosi, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.
Industrial Robotics Market Trends:
Industrial Robots Will Interact With Consumers
Industrial robots are undergoing a new development, where instead of being employed inside factories and manufacturing units, they are being used in consumer stores. CaliBurger, a burger joint in the United States of America recently used industrial robots called Flippy for flipping the burgers in front of customers. This experimental idea benefitted both food and beverage industry as well as industrial robots market by increasing consumer interest, thereby boosting burger sales.
The Rise Of Soft Robots
Industrial robots have generally been extremely heavy and difficult to handle. This is the reason why automation companies are coming up with a lighter version of industrial robots called 'soft robots.' For example, researchers at the University of California, San Diego used a 3D printer to print a soft robot that had four hollow legs filled with air. This technology is being tested to employ industrial robots outside of the factories, especially in search and rescue operations.
Industrial Robotics Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecast done up to 2025. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the industrial robotics market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of cheese in the industrial robotics market and their specific applications in different areas.
Industrial Robotics Market Report: Industry Coverage
Industrial robotics market can be segmented on the basis of configuration, category, payload, components, application, and end-user industry. On the basis of configuration, the market can be divided into mounted, mobile, and cobots. Based on category, the market can be bifurcated into articulated robots, SCARA robots, cylindrical robots, Cartesian or gantry or rectangular arm robots, delta or parallel robots, polar or spherical robots, dual arm, redundant, human-assist robots, firefighting robots, and others. By payload, the market can be divided into 0-20 KG, 20-80 KG, 80-300 KG, 300-1000 KG, 1000 - 3000 KG, and others. Components segment divides the market into a manipulator, sensor devices, robot tooling, and RCU - Robot Controller Unit. By application, the market is divided into welding, material handling, and dispensing. And by end user, the market is bifurcated into automotive, food & beverages, packaging, pharmaceuticals, and others.
The industrial robotics market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Key Questions Addressed in the Industrial Robotics Market Report
1. Is the market for the Industrial Robotics Market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of systems presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
7. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
8. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market
9. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
10. What are the recent innovations in the market?
11. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
12. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
13. What is our Vision 2030 for Industrial Robotics market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with a focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies
Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning
Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships
Explore the regional sales activities
Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for the current and future Industrial Robotics during the forecast 2019-2025
Analyze the competitive factors, competitors' market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.
1. Global Industrial Robotics: Market Overview.
- 1.1. Introduction.
- 1.2. Scope.
- 1.3. Market Segmentation.
2. Executive Summary.
3. Industrial Robotics Market Landscape.
- 3.1. Market Share Analysis.
- 3.2. Comparative Analysis.
- 3.2.1. Product Benchmarking.
- 3.2.2. End User Profiling.
- 3.2.3. Patent Analysis.
- 3.2.4. Top 5 Financial Analysis.
4. Industrial Robotics-Market Forces.
- 4.1. Market Drivers.
- 4.1.1. Growth In Automation Sector to Boost the Utilization of Industrial Robots.
- 4.1.2. Rising Labor Costs Amidst the Aging Workforce to Boost the Industrial Robots Demand.
- 4.1.3. Leasing of Material Handling Equipment Paving New Avenues for the Industrialrobots Market.
- 4.2. Market Constraints.
- 4.2.1. Resource, Information and Communication Constraints to Dawdle Growth Opportunities for Networked Robotics.
- 4.2.2. Delayed Return on Investment (ROI) Model Constricting the Emergence of Robotics In Small & Medium Enterprises.
- 4.3. Market Challenges.
- 4.3.1. High Initial Adoption Costs to Restrict the Market Development.
- 4.3.2. Limited Flexibility of Robots for Handling Skus Posing Challenge for Industrial Robotics.
- 4.4. Attractiveness of Industrial Robotics Industry.
- 4.4.1. Power of Suppliers.
- 4.4.2. Power of Buyer.
- 4.4.3. Threat of New Entrants.
- 4.4.4. Threat of Substitution.
- 4.4.5. Degree of Competition.
5. Industrial Robotics Market-Strategic Analysis.
- 5.1. Value Chain Analysis.
- 5.2. Pricing Analysis.
- 5.3. Opportunities Analysis.
- 5.3.1. Multichannel Supply-Chain Strategy In Retail to Drive the Industrial Robots Market In Warehouses.
- 5.3.2. Robotics Is the Way Forward for Liquid Handling Systems.
- 5.4. Product Life Cycle Analysis.
6. Industrial Robotics Market - By Type.
- 6.1. Articulated Robot.
- 6.2. Cylindrical Robot.
- 6.3. Linear Robot.
- 6.4. Parallel Robot.
- 6.5. Scara Robot.
- 6.6. Others.
7. Industrial Robotics Market By Application.
- 7.1. Introduction.
- 7.2. Welding.
- 7.2.1. Laser Welding.
- 7.2.2. Arc Welding.
- 7.2.3. Gas Welding.
- 7.3. Packaging and Palletizing.
- 7.4. Material Handling.
- 7.5. Assembling.
- 7.6. Industrial.
- 7.6.1. Measurement.
- 7.6.2. Inspection.
- 7.6.3. Testing.
- 7.6.4. Cutting.
- 7.6.5. Grinding.
- 7.7. Painting.
- 7.8. Others.
8. Industrial Robotics Market-By Industry.
- 8.1. Automotive.
- 8.2. Electrical & Electronics.
- 8.3. Food & Beverages.
- 8.4. Metal Fabrication.
- 8.5. Packaging and Palletization.
- 8.6. Medical.
- 8.7. Chemical.
- 8.8. Construction.
- 8.9. Others.
9. Industrial Robotics Market-By Geography.
- 9.1. Introduction.
- 9.2. Americas.
- 9.2.1. U.S..
- 9.2.2. Canada.
- 9.2.3. Brazil.
- 9.2.4. Mexico.
- 9.2.5. Others.
- 9.3. Europe.
- 9.3.1. Germany.
- 9.3.2. France.
- 9.3.3. United Kingdom.
- 9.3.4. Italy.
- 9.3.5. Spain.
- 9.3.6. Others.
- 9.4. Asia-Pacific.
- 9.4.1. China.
- 9.4.2. Japan.
- 9.4.3. South Korea.
- 9.4.4. India.
- 9.4.5. Taiwan.
- 9.4.6. Thailand.
- 9.4.7. Others.
- 9.5. Row.
- 9.5.1. Middle East.
- 9.5.2. Africa.
10. Market Entropy.
- 10.1. Most Preferred Strategy - Product Launch.
- 10.2. New Product Launches.
- 10.2.1. Mergers and Acquisitions.
- 10.3. Agreements and Partnerships.
- 10.4. Expansions.
- 10.5. Joint Ventures and Collaborations.
11. Company Profiles.
- 11.1. ABB Ltd..
- 11.1.1. Business Overview.
- 11.1.2. Financials.
- 11.1.3. Products.
- 11.1.4. Strategy.
- 11.1.5. Developments.
- 11.2. KUKA Ag.
- 11.2.1. Business Overview.
- 11.2.2. Financials
- 11.2.3. Products.
- 11.2.4. Developments
- 11.3. Denso Wave Inc..
- 11.3.1. Business Overview.
- 11.3.2. Financials
- 11.3.3. Products.
- 11.3.4. Strategy.
- 11.3.5. Developments.
- 11.4. Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- 11.4.1. Business Overview.
- 11.4.2. Financials.
- 11.4.3. Products.
- 11.4.4. Strategy.
- 11.4.5. Developments
- 11.5. SCHUNK GMBH & Co. Kg.
- 11.5.1. Business Overview.
- 11.5.2. Financials.
- 11.5.3. Products.
- 11.5.4. Developments
- 11.6. Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp.
- 11.6.1. Business Overview.
- 11.6.2. Products.
- 11.6.3. Financials.
- 11.6.4. Developments.
- 11.7. Adept Technology, Inc..
- 11.7.1. Business Overview
- 11.7.2. Products.
- 11.7.3. Financials.
- 11.7.4. Strategy.
- 11.7.5. Developments.
- 11.8. Fanuc Corporation.
- 11.8.1. Business Overview.
- 11.8.2. Products.
- 11.8.3. Financials.
- 11.8.4. Developments.
- 11.9. Aurotek Corporation.
- 11.9.1. Business Overview.
- 11.9.2. Financials.
- 11.9.3. Products.
- 11.9.4. Developments
- 11.10. Kawasaki Robotics Inc..
- 11.10.1. Business Overview.
- 11.10.2. Financials.
- 11.10.3. Products.
- 11.10.4. Developments.
- 11.11. Staubli International Ag.
- 11.11.1. Business Overview.
- 11.11.2. Products.
- 11.11.3. Financials.
- 11.11.4. Developments.
- 11.12. Seiko Epson Corporation (Seiko Group).
- 11.12.1. Business Overview.
- 11.12.2. Products.
- 11.12.3. Financials.
- 11.12.4. Developments.
- 11.13. COMAU SPA..
- 11.13.1. Business Overview.
- 11.13.2. Financials.
- 11.13.3. Products.
- 11.13.4. Developments.
- 11.14. Yaskawa Electric Corporation.
- 11.14.1. Business Overview.
- 11.14.2. Financials.
- 11.14.3. Products.
- 11.14.4. Developments.
- 11.15. Toshiba Machine Co., Ltd..
- 11.15.1. Business Overview.
- 11.15.2. Financials.
- 11.15.3. Products.
- 11.15.4. Developments
More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"