About this market
Technavio's bioactive ingredients market analysis considers the demand in dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages, personal care, and animal nutrition applications. Our report also finds the sales of bioactive ingredients in APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America. In 2019, the dietary supplements segment had a significant market share, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Factors such as the rising geriatric population will play a vital role in helping the dietary supplements segment to maintain its market position. Also, our global bioactive ingredients report looks at factors such as significant growth in food and beverage industry, aging population driving spending dietary supplements, and the wide reach of vendors through organized retailing. However, stability concerns regarding bioactive ingredients, associated health concerns, and stringent regulations may hamper the growth of the bioactive ingredients industry over the forecast period.
Increasing spending on dietary supplements by the aging population
The demand for dietary supplements is growing from people nearing retirement age. The proper intake of dietary supplements helps in delaying the onset of various diseases and disorders in the geriatric population. Hence, supplement manufacturers are increasingly targeting this consumer segment by providing specialized products for age-related disorders, such as supplements for heart and bones. The increasing awareness about the nutritional benefits of vitamin and mineral premixes will lead to the expansion of the global bioactive ingredients market at a CAGR of almost 7% during the forecast period.
Growing adoption of health and wellness food products
The rising prevalence of diseases and ailments, such as obesity, diabetes, stress, and high blood pressure, has induced people to become increasingly aware of the quality of ingredients used in foods and beverages. This has resulted in the increasing demand for health and wellness food products that provide several health and functional benefits to consumers. Bioactive ingredients-based food and beverage products are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fibers, and have low calorific value. Hence, the health benefits of bioactive ingredients and growing health awareness among consumers will boost the growth of the overall market.
For the detailed list of factors that will drive the global bioactive ingredients market during the forecast period 2020-2024, view our report.
With the presence of several major players, the global bioactive ingredients market is fragmented. Technavio's robust vendor analysis is designed to help clients improve their market position, and in line with this, this report provides a detailed analysis of several leading bioactive ingredients manufacturers, that include Archer Daniels Midland Co., BASF SE, Cargill Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Herbalife Nutrition Ltd., Koninklijke DSM NV, Lonza Group Ltd., Nature's Sunshine Products Inc., Nestle SA, and Roquette Freres SA.
Also, the bioactive ingredients market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage on all forthcoming growth opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- 2.1 Preface
- 2.2 Preface
- 2.3 Currency conversion rates for US$
PART 03: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Value chain analysis
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 04: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2019
- Market outlook
- Market size and forecast 2019-2024
PART 05: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY TYPE
- Market segmentation by type
- Comparison by type
- Fibers - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Vitamins - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Omega-3 PUFA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Plant extracts - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Minerals - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Carotenoids and antioxidants - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Probiotics - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Other types - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by type
PART 07: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 08: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY APPLICATION
- Market segmentation by application
- Comparison by application
- Dietary supplements - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Functional foods and beverages - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Personal care - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Animal nutrition - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by application
PART 09: GEOGRAPHIC LANDSCAPE
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 10: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 11: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 12: MARKET TRENDS
- Growing adoption of health and wellness food products
- Shift in demand from synthetic to natural beta-carotene
- Increasing adoption of organic and natural ingredients
PART 13: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
- Competitive scenario
PART 14: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- Archer Daniels Midland Co.
- BASF SE
- Cargill Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM NV
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc.
- Nestle SA
- Roquette Freres SA
PART 15: APPENDIX
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
- Definition of market positioning of vendors
PART 16: EXPLORE TECHNAVIO