A 136-page report detailing the market for sensors, with a specific focus on IoT sensors including:
- Sensor vs. IoT sensor definitions and market shares
- Industry vertical deep dives
- Emerging sensor technologies, such as energy harvesting, soft, and smart sensors
- 10 key trends from the sensor market
- IoT sensor competitive landscape with 7 detailed company profiles
The“IoT Sensors Market Report 2022-2027” is part of IoT Analytics' ongoing coverage of IoT hardware & connectivity. The information presented in this report is based on extensive research conducted over several months (October 2021-September 2022) that involved a substantial effort to compile and classify a detailed report of sensors.
The purpose of this document is to inform interested parties of the state, growth, and details of the sensor market in the global IoT Market as well as highlight the market leaders.
Questions answered in this report:
- What is the difference between a sensor and an IoT sensor?
- How many alternative ways of deploying IoT sensors exist?
- Who are the leaders in the sensor market and the IoT sensor market?
- What is the size of the IoT sensor market compared to the sensor market?
- What sensor leads the market, and which one is growing faster?
- Which region leads the sensor and IoT sensor market?
- Which industries are leading in terms of IoT sensor deployment?
- What is the market size of smart sensors and its growth trajectory?
At a glance:
The Introduction chapter includes relevant overviews, definitions, differentiations, classifications, and examples to understand the market for (IoT) sensors.
The extensive technology chapter covers sensor technologies through four lenses:
- Base technology
- Industry vertical
- Emerging technology
The emerging IoT sensor technology chapter covers definitions, technology breakdown, and examples.
The IoT sensors market report includes global sensor and IoT sensor market breakdowns by:
- Sensor type
Additionally, analyst opinions, drivers & inhibitors, and key takeaways are added for further insight and information.
This publication includes a competitive landscape and market shares for 2021 and 2022.
The company landscape chapter includes 7 company profiles detailing
- Product portfolio
- Key achievements
- Target verticals for sensors
- Types of sensors offered
- and more
The report covers 10 key trends with examples and proofpoints.
Selected companies mentioned in the report:
- AMS AG
- Sensata Technologies
- Infineon Technologies
- TE Connectivity
- Texas Instruments
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 2.1. Overview and Importance of Sensors
- 2.2. IoT Definition
- 2.3. Sensor and IoT Sensor Definition
- 2.4. Sensor Definition Deep-Dive
- 2.5. Types of IoT Sensors
- 2.6. Sensors Value Chain
3. Technology Overview
- 3.1. IoT Sensors Base Technology (CMOS, MEMS, NEMS, and others)
- 3.2. IoT Sensors Connectivity (Wired vs . Wireless) and Protocols
- 3.3. IoT Sensors Industry Verticals (Industrial, Consumer Electronics, and Automotive/Mobility)
- 3.4. Emerging Sensor Technologies (e.g., Energy Harvesting, Soft Sensor, and Smart Sensor)
4. Market Size and Outlook
- 4.1. Market Overview
- 4.1.1. Global Sensor vs. IoT Sensor Revenue 2018-2027
- 4.1.2. Global Sensor vs. IoT Sensor Shipments 2018-2027
- 4.2. Market by Region
- 4.2.1. Global Sensor Revenue by Region 2018-2027
- 4.2.2. Global IoT Sensor Revenue by Region 2018-2027
- 4.2.3. Global Sensor Shipments by Region 2018-2027
- 4.2.4. Global IoT Sensor Shipments by Region 2018-2027
- 4.3. Market by Technology
- 4.3.1. Global Sensor Revenue by Technology 2018-2027
- 4.3.2. Global IoT Sensor Revenue by Technology 2018-2027
- 4.4. Market by Sensor Type
- 4.4.1. Global Sensor Revenue by Sensor Type 2018-2027
- 4.3.2. Global IoT Sensor Revenue by Sensor Type 2018-2027
- 4.5. Market by Industry
- 4.5.1. Global IoT Sensor Revenue by Industry 2018-2027
- 4.6. Smart Sensors
5. Competitive Landscape
- 5.1. Competitive Overview
- 5.2. Vendor Market Share
- 5.2.1. Global Sensor Revenue by Vendor Market Share 2021-2022
- 5.2.2. Global IoT Sensor Revenue by Vendor Market Share 2021-2022
- 5.3. Key Company Profiles
- 5.3.1. Company X
- 5.3.2. Company X
- 5.3.3. Company X
- 5.3.4. Company X
- 5.3.5. Company X
- 5.3.6. Company X
- 5.3.7. Company X
- 6.1. Ten Trends in the Sensor Market
7. Methodology and Market Definitions
8. About IoT Analytics