Kline's 14th edition of the coverage of the beauty retailing landscape encompasses all retailers offering cosmetics & toiletries to consumers. The report focuses on all channels across key product categories and pays special attention to growing retailers such as Amazon and Revolve. Changing retailer formats and new shopping experiences are captured within the channel snapshots, while the overall shifts in sales are depicted in the comprehensive database.
This Report Will Help Subscribers Answer the Following Questions:
- Who are the rising retailers, and what are they offering to consumers?
- How are online apparel retailers making strides in beauty and personal care space?
- What are the new shopping malls, and what brands do they target?
- How is technology renewing interest in physical beauty shopping?
- What is the future of retail, and how will the landscape continue to change?
‘Beauty Retailing U.S.: Channel Analysis and Opportunities’ provides subscribers with insights on retailing challenges and opportunities in the United States. The report focuses on the beauty and personal care market and changes that have occurred from 2018 to 2019.
- Category scope mirrors Kline's Cosmetics & Toiletries program, encompassing 20 product categories across the following product classes: fragrances, hair care, makeup, skin care, and other toiletries
- Reporting at the manufacturer and retail sales levels
- Coverage of both major and alternate purchase channels, providing an accurate, detailed examination of the landscape at the retail level
This comprehensive report enables subscribers to exploit business opportunities by illustrating the retailing dynamics in one of the most important markets of the personal care industry: the United States. The report also:
- Identify and explain key purchase channels for cosmetics and toiletries in a clear and consistent fashion
- Quantify industry sales by purchase channel, focusing on hard-to-track non-traditional channels
- Deliver the information and insights required to capitalize on changes at retail
- Include one day of consultation time with members of the research team which can be used for assistance with plans or to explore related industry information
Regional Coverage: United States.
Table of Contents*
This program will consist of two deliverables: a presentation-style executive summary and a database with data by channel and sub-channel, as shown in Table 1.
- Key takeaways
- Noteworthy developments
- Data highlights
- Channel snapshots
- Outlook and assessment
Purchase Channel Snapshots
Detailed analysis of each purchase channel listed in Table 1 with data for each of the categories listed in Table 2, including the following information:
- Channel developments
- Sales breakdowns by channel and sub-channels
- Leading retailers (sales and door counts)
- Role of cosmetics and toiletries in these channels
- Manufacturers' and retail sales by beauty category for 2018 and 2019
- Marketing and sampling activity
- Outlook to 2024
* Subject to charter subscriber input.
Profiles of 10 retailers, as listed in Table 3, will be provided. Included will be specific discussion relating to the beauty business of these companies, along with the following information:
- Snapshots of new retailers and or formats (see Table 2) each containing:
- Core premise
- Sales and door count
- Prime type of locations (street vs. mall)
- Role of beauty
- Product offerings
- Merchandising activities
- Pictures of store interior
Contents of Database
The database contains detailed information for all channels and subchannels, featuring the following: