Kline's comprehensive analysis of the dynamically evolving U.S. beauty and personal care market,
encompassing five product classes and 18 product categories. This report will provide a close look at the key
drivers, trends, and relevant product launches, assessment of the changing competitive playing field due to
mergers and acquisitions, focus on the up-and-coming independent brands, changes in retail landscape and
distribution channels by product category, and forward-looking analysis through 2022.
This Report Will Answer Questions Such as:
- How is the beauty and personal care market advancing, and what trends are witnessed within the categories?
- How are marketers responding to the changing needs of consumers?
- How are marketers strategizing to gain and retain market share, and what marketing activities do they implement to increase their presence?
- How are indie brands utilizing social media to connect with consumers?
- Who are the newcomers in each category that are making a dent in the market?
- Who are the key retailers in the respective categories, and how is the retail landscape changing?
- Which categories will outperform the market in the next several years and why?
‘Cosmetics & Toiletries USA’ will cover all cosmetic, toiletry, and fragrance products sold through
all domestic consumer outlets in the United States, including those marketed via direct sales
from companies such as Beautycounter and Guthy-Renker, in addition to non-traditional outlets,
such as the Internet and television home shopping. Our report will consist of:
- Two key deliverables: an interactive online database and a comprehensive written report
- Product class summaries and insightful analysis of the covered product categories (see Table 1)
- Manufacturer's, unit, and retail sales
- Professional use (back-bar) products are excluded from our analysis
- Analysis of sales by distribution channel for each product category, including traditional and alternate channels. Distribution channels include department stores, direct sales (person-to-person, the Internet, and television shopping), drug stores, food stores, mass merchandisers, professional outlets (salons, spas, and doctor offices), and specialty stores
Kline & Company has been serving the personal care products industry for over 50 years.
‘Cosmetics & Toiletries USA’ will be a detailed assessment of the beauty and personal care
products industry and the players who compete in this market.
- Assess category and product trends
- Identify acquisition and alliance partners
- Develop competitive strategies for increased market share
- Develop market-entry strategies
- Understand industry dynamics, including the role of independent brands
- Understand channels of distribution and shifts that are occurring
Regional Coverage:United States
Table of Contents*
This chapter will provide an assessment of the overall
market performance, highlights from the five product
classes examined in terms of performance, growth
drivers, competition, distribution channels and
opportunities, and outlook for the product classes. This
chapter will also provide commentary on the key mergers
and acquisitions and the impact on the market at large.
Pertinent information and insightful analysis of 18
important product categories, including trends and
product launches, manufacturers' 2017 sales, sales
and market shares for the leading brands including
independent market-movers, sales by retail outlet,
marketing activity through traditional platforms and
social media, and an outlook to 2022. The product
categories to be covered are shown in Table 1.
Profiles for the 10 leading beauty marketers including
company activities, performance by product category
and brand, key new launches, recent developments
including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, new
product launches, marketing activity by channel, and an
outlook to 2022. The major companies to be covered are
shown in Table 2.
*Subject to charter subscriber input.