Kline's 45th edition of analysis of the ever-evolving U.S. beauty and personal care market encompasses five product classes and 20 product categories. In addition to providing a close look at the key drivers, trends, and relevant product launches, this report assesses the changing competitive playing field. Developments tracked include merger and acquisition activity, rising independent brands, changes in retail landscape and distribution channels by product category, and forward-looking analysis through 2024.
This Report Will Answer Questions Such as:
- What changes have taken place in the beauty and personal care space in the past year?
- Are there any shifts in consumer preferences, and how are marketers responding to them?
- Who are the key market movers in the industry?
- Which brands are innovating and setting trends in their respective categories?
- How is the beauty retailing landscape changing in each of the categories, and who are the key retailers?
- What strategies are marketers using to gain and retain market share?
- How are marketing activities evolving to communicate with consumers and increase presence?
- Which categories will outperform the market in the next several years, and why?
‘Cosmetics & Toiletries USA ’
covers all cosmetic, toiletry, and fragrance products sold through all domestic consumer outlets in the United States, including those marketed via direct sales from companies such as Rodan + Fields, in addition to non-traditional outlets, such as the Internet and television home shopping. Our report consists of:
- Two key deliverables: an interactive online database and a comprehensive written report
- Product class summaries and insightful analysis of the covered product categories
- Manufacturers', unit, and retail sales
- Professional use (back-bar) products are excluded from our analysis
- Analysis of sales by distribution channel for each product category, including traditional and alternate channels. Distribution channels include department stores, direct sales (person-to-per-son, the Internet, and television shopping), drug stores, food stores, mass merchandisers, professional outlets (salons, spas, and doctor offices), and specialty stores
Kline & Company has been serving the personal care products industry for 60 years. ‘Cosmetics & Toiletries USA ’ is a detailed assessment of the beauty and personal care products industry and the players who compete in this market.
- Assess category and product trends
- Identify acquisition and alliance partners
- Develop competitive strategies for increased market share
- Develop market-entry strategies
- Understand industry dynamics, including the role of independent brands
- Understand channels of distribution and shifts that are occurring
Regional Coverage: United States.
Table of Contents*
This chapter provides an assessment of the overall market performance, highlights from the five product classes examined in terms of performance, growth drivers, competition, distribution channels and opportunities, and outlook for the product classes. This chapter also provides commentary on the key mergers and acquisitions and the impact on the market at large.
Pertinent information and insightful analysis of 20 important product categories, including trends and product launches, manufacturers' 2018 sales, sales and market shares for the leading brands including independent market-movers, sales by retail outlet, marketing activity through traditional platforms and social media, and an outlook to 2023. The product categories covered are shown in Table 1.
Profiles for the 10 leading beauty marketers including company activities, performance by product category and brand, key new launches, recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, new product launches, marketing activity by channel, and an outlook to 2023. The major companies covered are shown in Table 2.
*Subject to charter subscriber input.