The self-service BI Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.5% during the forecast period. Self-service Business Intelligence (BI) allows business users and operators to access business data and examine them to generate insights even if they do not have any data science and analytical skill and expertise. The Self-service BI market witnessed a noticeable adoption across numerous business fields such as marketing, sales, human resource, operations, and finance, attributed to thorough competitive analysis and comfort of application for non-technical staff.
- Self-Service BI aids business operators from non-analytical backgrounds to make insights and data analyses. The Self-service BI market is facing a growing demand for the business fields attributed to its capability to convert business establishments into efficient data-driven organizations or businesses. The Self-service BI market is projected to grow over the forecast period owing to its capacity to decentralize the business analytical process.
- The Self-Service BI market serves as an advantage to non-technical business customers for studying and analyzing data insights by guiding down the business data. The self-service BI market is rapidly rising because of the shift from conventional BI tools for business data analysis to contemporary BI tools, along with the growing market of structured and unstructured data.
- The principal drivers for the global self-service BI market are the rising demand for generating in-depth competitive data analysis and expanding the business data volume. Other factors that amplify and boost the growth of the global self-service BI market include persistent changing businesses, the need for an improved analytic-driven organization, and the inability to meet business requests within the stipulated time.
- Furthermore, substantial initial capital expenditure is necessary to install self-service BI systems which act as a hindrance to the market.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, the self-service BI market rose as companies throughout the globe used BI and analytics to implement their goals and plans for survival. The expanding adoption of the work-from-home idea in areas such as IT and telecom, media and entertainment, healthcare, e-commerce, retail, and BFSI had increased demand for the self-service BI market.
Self-service BI Market Trends
Self-Service BI has a Dominant Role in Marketing and Sales
- With the bulks of data available today, banks can collect formerly unimaginable information about every customer, giving them a better understanding of customers' wants and helping them to address these needs and wants proactively.
- It also permits diverse departments within a bank, such as marketing, and sales, to work more closely as a single unit. Rather than pushing out products to all clients, banks can now merge BI and sales force automation tools to market products tailored to consumers' present situations, whether they're constructing new homes, opening small companies, or starting families.
- As a result of digitalization and the fast adoption of several technological advancements in recent years, the banking sector is quickly expanding. The emergence of technology and tools such as business intelligence and data analytics has aided banks in adopting all essential standards and keeping competitive while serving today's modern customer's digital requirements. These solutions aid financial organizations in making more informed financial and operational decisions. This is further driving the market growth.
- In fact, financial services companies using BI reported a 7 percent enhancement in cross-sell and up-sell incomes. BI also provides banks with up-to-date information on their most profitable clientele and the banking choices they make. Banks can use that info to hold high-value customers, market the correct products to them and select which products to invest in for the maximum return.
North America Dominates the Self-service BI Market
- The North American region has a significant share of the Self-Service BI market. Major key players like IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, and Microsoft Corporation are expected to boost market development in the region. In addition, factors such as increasing competition, intense R & D activities in technology, and an evolving trend of data proliferation are surging the market expansion in North America.
- Technical advancement and innovation for business management analytics for their production, sales, and advances in the US and Canada are mainly responsible for this region's growth and development. The United States economy boasts of a highly-developed and technologically or scientifically advanced services area, which accounts for nearly 80% of its output.
- Large US companies also play a vital role on a global scale, accounting for about one-fifth of the Fortune Global 500. Canada is experiencing increased output and efficacy in its sectors, which is a major aspect favoring its business intelligence market.
- The vital markets are also being presented by prospects like the upgraded efficiency of BI tools, increasing acceptance of cloud computing in the BI market, and varying landscape due to augmented Big Data adoption.
- As per Cisco Systems, near around 50% of ERP projects failed because of the lack of data integration. ERP software restrictions have encouraged the development of BI tools across the region. Further, this expansion will continue as BI enters new verticals across industries, which is further bolstering the self-service BI market's growth in the coming years.
- For instance, in December 2022, ThoughSpot, the Modern Analytics company, and dbt Labs, an analytics engineering provider, established a formal partnership to deliver self-service analytics to the modern data stack. The new collaboration between dbt Labs and ThoughtSpot allows for an exponential rise in the value of analytics engineering work by making it easily available to every business person through search.
Self-service BI Industry Overview
The Self-Service BI Market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share of the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability.
In June 2022, Basis Technologies, a cloud-based workflow automation and business intelligence software provider for marketing and advertising, announced the introduction of a data visualization solution that streamlines campaign reporting through live customized dashboards. The feature streamlines time-consuming reporting operations and minimizes the number of repeated manual operations necessary to produce and deliver digital advertising reports.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- 4.5 Market Drivers
- 4.5.1 The Growing Volume of Business Data
- 4.5.2 Augmented Need for In-Depth Competitive Insights
- 4.6 Market Restraints
- 4.6.1 Large Investment Costs
- 4.6.2 Lack of Data Governance
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Software
- 5.1.2 Services
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Predictive Asset Maintenance
- 5.2.2 Fraud and Security Management
- 5.2.3 Sales and Marketing Management
- 5.2.4 Risk and Compliance Management
- 5.2.5 Supply Chain Management and Procurement
- 5.2.6 Operations Management
- 5.2.7 Customer Engagement and Analysis
- 5.3 By Deployment Model
- 5.3.1 On-Demand
- 5.3.2 On-Premises
- 5.4 By End-User Industry
- 5.4.1 Healthcare
- 5.4.2 Manufacturing
- 5.4.3 BFSI
- 5.4.4 Retail and E-commerce
- 5.4.5 Telecommunications
- 5.4.6 Media and Entertainment
- 5.4.7 Transportation and Logistics
- 5.4.8 Energy and Utilities
- 5.4.9 Government and Defense
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.5.4 South America
- 5.5.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 IBM
- 6.1.2 Oracle Corporation
- 6.1.3 Microsoft Corporation
- 6.1.4 SAP SE
- 6.1.5 SAS Institute
- 6.1.6 Tableau Software
- 6.1.7 Qlik Technologies, Inc.
- 6.1.8 Microstrategy, Inc.
- 6.1.9 Tibco Software
- 6.1.10 ZOHO Corporation
- 6.1.11 Dataphine
- 6.1.12 Looker
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET