세계의 원격의료 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측
Telemedicine Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2021년 03월
|| 상품 코드
| 페이지 정보
세계의 원격의료 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측
Telemedicine Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
|발행일 : 2021년 03월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계의 원격의료(Telemedicine) 시장을 조사했으며, 전체적인 시장 동향, 부문별(종류/서비스 내용/기술/제공 방식)·지역별 상세 동향, 시장 성장에 대한 영향요인 분석, 경쟁 구도, 주요 기업 개요 등을 종합적으로 정리하여 전해드립니다.
제2장 분석 방법
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 시장 성장 억제요인
- 업계의 매력 : Porter의 산업 분석
제5장 시장 세분화
- 모바일 헬스(mHealth/Mobile Health)
- 임상 서비스별
- 원격 심장 치료(Telecardiology)
- 원격 방사선 진단(Teleradiology)
- 원격 피부질환 치료(Teledermatology)
- 원격 정신의학(Telepsychiatry)
- 제공 방식별
- 북미(미국, 캐나다, 멕시코)
- 유럽(영국, 독일, 프랑스, 이탈리아, 스페인 등)
- 아시아태평양(중국, 일본, 인도, 호주, 한국 등)
- 중동·아프리카(걸프협력회의(GCC) 국가, 남아프리카공화국 등)
- 남미(브라질, 아르헨티나 등)
제6장 경쟁 환경
- 기업 개요
- Aerotel Medical Systems
- AMD Global Telemedicine Inc.
- Honeywell Life Care Solutions
- InTouch Technologies Inc.
- SHL Telemedicine Ltd
- Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
제7장 시장 기회와 향후 동향
The telemedicine market is valued at approximately USD 38289 million in 2020 and is expected to witness a revenue of USD 168396 million in 2026, with a CAGR of 28% over the forecast period.
Telehealth has emerged as an essential component of healthcare during the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the research article published in JCO Global Oncology-An American Society of Clinical OncologyJournal, 2020, during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, physical distancing was put in place to minimize the spread of coronavirus disease. This resulted in the adoption of most of the outpatient oncology appointments to telemedicine. Though the telemedicine services were integrated into most of the healthcare systems even before the onset of the pandemic, the services were extensively used only during the COVID-19 crisis, which is majorly attributed to a lack of in-person visits and limitations and restrictions on travel, which encouraged clinicians to adapt to telemedicine-based consultations even more during the COVID-19. Thus, the COVID-19 crisis is expected to have a significant positive impact on the growth of the telemedicine market globally.
The major factors for the growth of the telemedicine market include the rising healthcare costs, technological innovations, increasing remote patient monitoring, and growing burden of chronic diseases.
Healthcare costs are rising across the world. The primary driver for rising healthcare costs is increased utilization of healthcare services, which results in the growth of consumer demand for innovative and new techniques, lifestyle factors, etc. Furthermore, it can also be attributed to the cost-shifting, from government programs to private payers. Low reimbursement rates have increased the cost-shifting burden on hospitals and doctors, who, in turn, charge much higher rates for the same facilities to private payers, which ultimately affects the health insurance rates. As per National Health Expenditure Projections 2018-2027, national health spending is projected to grow at an average rate of 5.5 percent per year for 2018-27 and to reach nearly USD 6.0 trillion by 2027 in the United States.
Telehealth solutions have demonstrated the ability to enhance health outcomes and reduce costs. Telemedicine saves the patients', providers', and payers' money when compared to the traditional approaches. Telemedicine has been decreasing the cost of healthcare, while increasing efficiency through improved management of chronic diseases, reduced travel times, shared health professional staffing, and fewer and shorter hospital stays. Thus, owing to all the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
The Telehomes Segment is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Segment over the Forecast Period
The rise of chronic diseases is a global concern that puts a strain on healthcare resources. Telehomecare is an innovative way to provide care, monitor a patient, and provide information, by using the latest technology in telecommunication. Monitoring allows early identification of disease, and thus, preventing chronic conditions.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Telehomecare is one of the best options for seeking medical advice at the comfort of the patient's home. According to the research article published in JMIR Pediatrics and Parenting, 2020, improvement in medication adherence among adolescent transplant recipients was observed who were actively participating in the home-based telehealth video conference during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hence, COVID-19 is expected to boost the segment growth over the pandemic situation.
Telehomecare programs are also initiated in countries, including the whole system demonstrator (WSD) project in the United Kingdom, veterans health segmentation (VHA) project in the United States, and the TELEKART program in Denmark. These telehomecare programs manage, reduce, and avoid chronic diseases by remote monitoring of patients. The universities are collaborating well to promote the tele-homecare, such as University of Ottawa Heart Institute has been making good progress in telehome monitoring technology, which offers services for various regions, under the regional home monitoring program for cardiac patients. Telehome services provide an opportunity for significant savings for patients and hospitals. Thus, the increasing adoption rate of telehomecare services is directly affecting the growth of the telemedicine market.
North America Accounted for the Largest Share in the Telemedicine Market and is Expected to Dominate the Market over the Forecast Period
Telemedicine is a rapidly growing component of healthcare in the United States owing to the growing burden of chronic diseases and the high adoption of advanced healthcare technologies in the Country. The adoption of telemedicine has improved care management, patient quality of life, and reduced healthcare spending.
The rising demand for mobile technologies, coupled with the rising adoption of home care by patients and reduction in hospital visits, is expected to propel the growth of the market over the forecast period. Healthcare in the United States is experiencing positive trends, with the emergence of telemedicine applications that help Americans to be active in personal health management, especially during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Smartphones and the presence of mobile technology make it possible to use both clinical and lifestyle applications, to help, educate, and change health behaviors.
Also, the initiatives by Governments is expected to drive the market. For instance, Under the 1135 waiver authority and Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has broadened access to Medicare telehealth services so that beneficiaries can receive a wider range of services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Under this new waiver, Medicare can pay for office, hospital, and other visits furnished via telehealth across the country, including in patient's places of residence starting March 6, 2020.
Additionally, the high concentration of major players in the United States and increasing product launches and other strategic alliances are expected to boost the studied market. Thus, given the aforementioned factors, the telemedicine market is expected to grow significantly in North America over the forecast period.
The market studied is moderately consolidated, owing to the presence of few large market players. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence, by introducing new products with fewer prices. Companies, like Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., BioTelemetry, Medtronic, and Koninklijke Philips NV, hold significant market shares in the telemedicine market. The major players are involved in various strategic alliances to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in Jan 2020, Teladoc Health entered into an agreement to acquire InTouch Health to boost Teladoc's telemedicine line and extend its presence across hospitals and health systems.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Technological Innovations Resulting in Enhanced Quality of Care
- 4.2.2 Increasing Remote Patient Monitoring and Rise in Patient Acceptance
- 4.2.3 Growing Burden of Chronic Diseases
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Legal and Reimbursement Issues
- 4.3.2 High Initial Capital Requirements and Lack of Physician Support
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Telehospitals
- 5.1.2 Telehomes
- 5.1.3 mHealth (mobile health)
- 5.2 By Component
- 5.2.1 Product
- 220.127.116.11 Hardware
- 18.104.22.168 Software
- 22.214.171.124 Other Components
- 5.2.2 By Services
- 126.96.36.199 Tele-Consulting
- 188.8.131.52 Tele-Monitoring
- 184.108.40.206 Tele-Education
- 5.3 By Application
- 5.3.1 Telepathology
- 5.3.2 Telecardiology
- 5.3.3 Teleradiology
- 5.3.4 Teledermatology
- 5.3.5 Telepsychiatry
- 5.3.6 Other Services
- 5.4 By Mode of Delivery
- 5.4.1 On-Premise Delivery
- 5.4.2 Cloud-Based Delivery
- 5.5 By End User
- 5.5.1 Providers
- 5.5.2 Payers
- 5.5.3 Patients
- 5.5.4 Others
- 5.6 Geography
- 5.6.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 Canada (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 5.6.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 France (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 220.127.116.11 Italy (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 Spain (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 5.6.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 Japan (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 India (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 220.127.116.11 Australia (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 5.6.4 Middle East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East and Africa (By Type, By Component, By Application, By Mode of Delivery, and By End User)
- 5.6.5 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Aerotel Medical Systems (1998) Ltd
- 6.1.2 Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- 6.1.3 AMD Global Telemedicine Inc.
- 6.1.4 Biotelemetry
- 6.1.5 Resideo Technologies Inc. (Honeywell Life Care Solutions)
- 6.1.6 Koninklijke Philips NV
- 6.1.7 Medtronic plc
- 6.1.8 SHL Telemedicine
- 6.1.9 Amwell
- 6.1.10 Blue Sky Telehealth
- 6.1.11 Cerner Corporation
- 6.1.12 Cisco Systems, Inc.
- 6.1.13 Eagle Telemedicine
- 6.1.14 Teladoc Helath, Inc.
- 6.1.15 MEdVIVO Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS