지문 센서 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2020-2025년)
Fingerprint Sensors Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2021년 01월
|| 상품 코드
| 페이지 정보
지문 센서 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측(2020-2025년)
Fingerprint Sensors Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
|발행일 : 2021년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계의 지문 센서 시장은 2020-2025년간 18.2%의 CAGR로 성장할 것으로 예측됩니다. 지문 센서 기술은 공적 기관에서는 국경 경비, 개인 특정, 법률 및 질서 유지 등에, 민간 기관에서는 물리 및 가상 자원의 관리, 접근 제어, 직원 근태 관리 등에 활용되고 있습니다.
세계의 지문 센서(Fingerprint Sensors) 시장을 조사했으며, 시장 개요, 종류·최종 이용 산업·지역별 시장 규모 추정과 예측, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 분석, 시장 기회, 향후 동향, 경쟁 상황, 주요 기업 개요 등의 정보를 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제3장 주요 요약
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인과 저해요인 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 스마트 웨어러블 디바이스 및 스마트폰에 대한 지문 센서의 응용 확대
- 안전한 보안 및 비지니스 애플리케이션의 필요성
- 다양한 영역으로의 생체인식 도입에 대한 정부 정책
- 시장 성장 저해요인
- 산업 밸류체인 분석
- Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 구매자의 협상력
- 공급 기업의 협상력
- 신규 참여업체의 위협
- 대체품의 위협
- 경쟁 기업간 경쟁 관계
제5장 세계의 지문 센서 시장 : 부문별
- 최종 이용 산업별
- 군 및 방위
- 은행, 금융 서비스 및 보험
- 중동 및 아프리카
제6장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- 3M Cogent, Inc.
- CrossMatch Technologies, Inc.
- Derma log Identification Systems GmbH
- Egis Technology, Inc.
- Fingerprint Cards AB
- Goodix Ltd.
- Idex ASA
- NEC Corporation
- Safran Identity & Security(Morpho)
- Suprema, Inc.
- Synaptics, Inc.
- Gemalto NV
- IDEMIA France SAS
제7장 투자 분석
제8장 시장 기회 및 향후 동향
The fingerprint sensors market was valued at USD 6.29 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 18.87 billion by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 20.5% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The fingerprint sensors market has expanded rapidly over the past few years, and it is projected to increase even further during the forecast period. Increased adoption of smartphones, increasing security applications, and government initiatives to adopt biometrics tend to be the key factors driving the demand for fingerprint sensors globally.
- Fingerprint scanners are increasingly becoming a part of the authentication process, and various enterprises and organizations are forming their security levels around this technology. Recently, the USB fingerprint scanner from eWBM became the first FIDO-Level-2-certified biometric authenticator. Different devices form a part of the authentication level, such as smartphones, smart wearables, and others.
- Moreover, technological developments in the market are expected to be moving from consumer market applications to the industrial market, and the applications are expected to increase exponentially in the industrial space during the forecast period. The use of fingerprint in smart home security is another potential growth market. Security concerns associated with personal data leak and safety concerns over biometrics are challenging the market's growth.
- Banks around the world are set to launch biometric-enabled payment cards commercially. In 2019, Fingerprints Card AB worked with leading card manufacturers and banks on trials across Europe, the United States, the Middle East, and Asia. The biometric sensor has the opportunity to replace the standard PIN and signature authentication with a fingerprint that delivers better security without affecting the speed and convenience of contactless and will also enhance the user experience as the cap can be removed and hence contactless can be used for all transactions.
- In November 2019, Fingerprint Cards announced that its technology had been integrated into 400 different smartphone models. Earlier in 2019, Fingerprints Card AB announced that it had shipped 1 billion fingerprint sensors worldwide and the company is witnessing increased adoption of biometric technologies to enhance the user experience and replace PINs and passwords. The company played a key role in bringing smartphone fingerprint sensors to the mass-market and even played a major role in integrating the first fingerprint touch sensor on Android in 2014.
- With the recent outbreak of COVID 19, the fingerprint sensor market is witnessing a decline in growth due to various organizations and government authorities restricting the usage of biometric systems in their respective premises. For instance, in February 2020, South Korea banned the usage of fingerprint scanners across all government and private organizations owing to the COVID virus that is spread through touchpoints.
- Moreover, companies such as IDEX are promoting the usage of on-card biometrics ensure that the cards remain entirely personal to the holder, with no contamination behavior required to use them which is in contrast to shared biometric devices such as entry system fingerprint sensors and this may increase the usage of contactless payment cards to reduce risk of Coronavirus COVID-19.
Key Market Trends
Applications in Smartphones is expected to Hold a Major Share
- The present-day fingerprint scanner revolution started from the time iPhone 5s, which was launched at the end of 2013 with a TouchID feature. Very soon, other smartphone manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony, LG started incorporating fingerprint sensors for mainstream smartphones after which fingerprint sensors became an essential part of every smartphone.
- The fingerprint sensors in the smartphone are mounted on different locations. Major mounting locations include - front, rear, and even side-mounted fingerprint sensors, which are known as capacitive sensors. With the increasing trend of reducing the bezel sizes of the smartphone and the growing adoption of OLED panels, various companies saw this as an opportunity to develop an in-display optical finger sensor. As a result, the first in-display fingerprint smartphone was presented at CES 2018, which was made possible through a collaboration between Vivo and Synaptics.
- The optical in-display fingerprint displays became popular among various smartphone vendors. By the end of 2019 sevral companies started to incorporate them in their smartphone models. Some models such as the OnePlus 7 Pro even managed to optomize the performance of the in-display fingerprint technology by achieving impressive unlock speeds of 0.2 seconds.
- The trend of optical in-display fingerprint sensors gained massive traction in the market; however, users had a concern regarding security issues. In 2019, the Samsung S10 series opted for another technology called Ultrasonic fingerprint sensors by using Qualcomm's 3D Sonic sensor that sends ultrasonic pules to detect the 3D ridges and valleys of the unique fingerprint to quickly and accurately recognize the user. Apple did not incorporate any fingerprint sensors in its smartphones launched in 2018, and 2019 went with Face ID instead.
- However, a lot of users raised complaints on the Samsung S10's fingerprint sensors for unlocking the smartphone even without the registered finger due to which Qualcomm announced their next generation of Ultrasonic fingerprint sensors in December 2019. In-display fingerprint sensors are commonplace on flagship phones and some mid-range devices, but they require an OLED screen that is not present in budget range phones that constitute significant smartphone market share. Goodix has previously confirmed plans to bring the technology to LCD screens in 2020, and in March 2020, Redmi has demonstrated an LCD smartphone with an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- The increasing usage of biometric devices in various organizations and the growth in the usage of wearable devices and growing security and safety concerns are anticipated to drive the fingerprint sensors market in the Asia-Pacific region with a significant growth rate over the forecast period. The increasing mobile transactions in countries such as India and China are also expected to be one of the significant drivers for the mobile biometrics market in the region.
- China is witnessing a high mobile volume of smartphone shipments is also expected to drive the fingerprint sensor market in the region with almost all of the recent smartphones that are incorporating them be it capacitive or optical. In 2019, China's smartphone shipments were valued at 369 million units, whereas distribution channels started to clear 4G inventory in anticipation of 5G uptake in the new year. With the wider rollout of 5G and more incentives given by operators this year, 5G smartphones are expected to exceed 150 million units in 2020. Huawei alone shipped 33 million smartphone units in the last quarter of 2019.
- Various governments across the world are incorporating such biometrics as a part of citizenship authentication. The Indian government's Aadhaar UID is an example. Moreover, such initiatives are expected to trickle down to the adoption of technologies that enable fingerprint scanning in the country's various authentication services.
- However, the smartphone production is also impacted by the current pandemic situation with significant manufacturing countries, such as China and Taiwan, facing a prudential decline in the workforce in the factory premises and supply chain disruption. For instance, Foxconn had shut down its production facilities in China for several weeks in February 2020. Countries, such as China and Japan, are enforcing strict lockdown policies on production and movement, which is imposing a high scarcity of sensor raw materials used to manufacture the fingerprint sensors in the global market.
The fingerprint sensor market is moderately fragmented with individual international companies such as Qualcomm, Fingerprint Card AB and Synaptics occupy a significant market share by deploying their solutions in various smartphones. Fingerprint sensor firms are unlocking new markets beyond smartphones and exploring even the field of IoT and integration of fingerprint sensors into smart cards and are constantly incorporating different technologies to enhance the end-user experiences.
- December 2019 - Qualcomm has launched a second-generation version of its ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor, the 3D Sonic Max, that to fix the issues with the original 3D Sonic Sensor by offering a sensor that's 17 times bigger than the one that was launched previously.
- Jan 2020 - Samsung has launched its premium Galaxy Chromebook at CES. It features Fingerprints Card AB's FPC1145 sensor for a convenient extra layer of corporate and end-user security. For this model, the company delivered its unique software with features like FPC OneTouch, FPC 360Touch, and EvoTouch.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Usage of Fingerprint Sensors for Smart Wearable Devices and Smartphones
- 4.2.2 Need for Secured Security and Business Applications
- 4.2.3 Government Initiatives to Adopt Biometrics in Various Fields
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Increase in Adoption of Substitute Technologies, such as Face and Iris Scanning
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Optical
- 5.1.2 Capacitive
- 5.1.3 Thermal
- 5.1.4 Ultrasonic
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Smartphones/Tablets
- 5.2.2 Laptops
- 5.2.3 Smartcards
- 5.2.4 IoT and other applications
- 5.3 By End-User Industries
- 5.3.1 Military and Defense
- 5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
- 5.3.3 BFSI
- 5.3.4 Government
- 5.3.5 Other End-User Industries
- 5.4 By Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Qualcomm Incorporated
- 6.1.2 TDK Corporation (Invensense)
- 6.1.3 Vkansee Technology Inc.
- 6.1.4 Egis Technology Inc.
- 6.1.5 Fingerprint Cards AB
- 6.1.6 Goodix Ltd.
- 6.1.7 Idex ASA
- 6.1.8 NEC Corporation
- 6.1.9 Next Biometrics Group ASA
- 6.1.10 Sonavation Inc.
- 6.1.11 Synaptics, Inc.
- 6.1.12 Thales Group (Gemalto NV)
- 6.1.13 Idemia France SAS
- 6.1.14 CrucialTec Co. Ltd
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET