The global digital logistic market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.89 over the forecast period 2021-2026, owing to the increasing adoption of advanced technologies in the logistics sector. Moreover, these digital solutions are helping the logistic companies in reducing incurred costs.
Convergence of logistics and technology, along with cloud-based collaborative solutions that extend through the entire supply chain, tight integration of warehouse, transport, and end consumer information, and transparency through the supply chain are driving the growth of the market studied.
In August 2018, the Indian Ministry of Commerce launched an online national logistics portal to minimize the cost of moving goods and services, to 10% from 14% (of India's GDP). This portal is expected to help in comparing rates, billing, route planning, digital contract signing, shipment tracking, ID verification, analytics. Moreover, the government is encouraging logistic vendors to adopt advanced digital technologies.
The technological advancement in the digital market and rising cloud adoption are expected to fuel the demand for digital logistic solutions. For instance, in October 2018, Oracle, launched Oracle Blockchain Applications Cloud, a suite of services to enhance transparency in the supply chain. It is expected to help in tracking products in the supply chain on a distributed ledger, boosting the reliability of business transactions while accelerating the delivery process.
The increasing number of small e-commerce players, along with the growing cross-border e-commerce market, is forcing the supply chain and logistics companies to expand their capacities. Therefore, further broadening the scope of the studied market.
For instance, in 2018, Nestle partnered with Alibaba's Cainiao Network, to streamline its e-commerce supply chain and fieldwork in China. The company overhauled its Chinese distribution strategy, making way for a more-efficient inventory management solution developed with Cainiao, dubbed one inventory.
In 2017, China and Singapore recorded lower working capital requirement (WCR), due to decline in inventories, while South Korea registered a rise in WCR, due to an increase in inventories. This offers growth avenues for warehouse and inventory management.
Key Market Trends
Emergence of Digital Technology in Logistics Sector.
- The technological advancement in the digital market and rising cloud adoption are expected to fuel the demand for digital logistic solutions. For instance, in October 2018, Oracle, launched Oracle Blockchain Applications Cloud, a suite of services to enhance transparency in the supply chain. It is expected to help in tracking products in the supply chain on a distributed ledger, boosting the reliability of business transactions while accelerating the delivery process.
- The increasing demand for fleet and warehouse management systems is expected to augment the need for digital solutions in the logistics sector. The global fleet management solutions market is projected to be valued at USD 15.4 billion by 2024.
- Advancements in the sensors and IoT analytics market are expected to attract logistics vendors, to invest in digital solutions. The global IoT transportation and logistics spending are expected to cross USD 38.9 billion by 2020.
- With rising labor and equipment expenses, controlling costs of goods in retail and consumer goods sectors is becoming a challenge. The modernization of complex machines and processes with digital technologies is driving the growth of the market studied, especially in these sectors.
Latin America Has Significant Share In The Market.
- Latin America is one of the leading digital logistics markets, mainly due to the growing regional e-commerce sector and rising adoption of digital services among the regional transportation and logistics industry.
- Brazil recorded one of the highest logistics expenses in the world. Approximately 30% of the distribution cost structure represents the total logistics costs. The growing e-commerce industry is driving the demand for advanced and time efficient logistic services. In 2017, the sales of e-commerce accounted for 5% (USD 300 billion) of the Brazilian retail market share. However, this proportion is increasing rapidly, due to growing digital penetration.
- In 2018, Amazon acquired a 50,000-square-meter warehouse for lease in Brazil, as the company is planning to expand its presence in the region. Though the country's logistics market is facing many problems, with the increasing need for cost-effective methods, digital logistic solutions can are expected to witness demand from this sector.
- In Argentina, with growing cloud adoption, the country's trucking market is providing growth avenues for digital logistic vendors, as digital services are helping regional logistic companies in gaining competitive advantage. The country's truck industry is worth USD 120 billion. Furthermore, with trucks that make over 150 million trips annually, the industry has a vast scope for digital logistic solutions
The Digital Logistics Market is very fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players which cater to various types of organizations such as SMEs to Large Enterprises. Some key players in the market are Oracle, IBM, Tech Mahindra, Samsung electronics. Some key developments in the market are Milaha, a provider of transport and supply chain solutions, collaborated with Oracle Cloud, in order to support the digital transformation of its core business operations and subsidiaries in October 2018. Global shipping and logistics conglomerate, Transworld Group collaborated with the company for its digital transformation. The company is expected to provide the cloud-based technology platform, which will improve operational efficiency across Transworld Group's shipping and logistics businesses, while empowering more than 1000 employees, for delivering customer satisfaction to its customers and vendors in April 2018.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Emergence Of Digital Technology
- 4.3.2 Growth In E-Commerce Industry And Emergence Of Multichannel Distribution Networks
- 4.3.3 Growing Adoption Of Cloud Based Applications
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Lack of ICT Infrastructure and Data Security Concerns
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Inventory Management
- 5.1.2 Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- 5.1.3 Fleet Management
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 By End-user Vertical
- 5.2.1 Automotive
- 5.2.2 Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences
- 5.2.3 Retail
- 5.2.4 Food and Beverage
- 5.2.5 Oil and Gas
- 5.2.6 Others End-user Vertical
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 IBM Corporation
- 6.1.2 Advantech Corporation
- 6.1.3 Oracle Corporation
- 6.1.4 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- 6.1.5 DigiLogistics Technology Ltd
- 6.1.6 Hexaware Technologies Limited
- 6.1.7 Tech Mahindra Limited
- 6.1.8 JDA Software Pvt Ltd
- 6.1.9 UTI Worldwide Inc.(DSV Group)
- 6.1.10 SAP SE
- 6.1.11 Manhattan Associates Inc.
- 6.1.12 HighJump Software Inc.
- 6.1.13 Vinculum Group
7 INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS