HMI(Human Machine Interface) 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측
Human Machine Interface Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
Mordor Intelligence Pvt Ltd
|| 2021년 01월
|| 상품 코드
| 페이지 정보
HMI(Human Machine Interface) 시장 : 성장, 동향, 예측
Human Machine Interface Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
|발행일 : 2021년 01월 ||페이지 정보 : 영문
※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
세계 HMI(Human Machine Interface) 시장은 2019년 37억 1,000만 달러를 기록했습니다. 향후 10.3%의 연평균 복합 성장률(CAGR)로 확대되어 2025년에는 72억 4,000만 달러에 달할 것으로 예측됩니다. HMI는 인더스트리 4.0 성장의 수혜를 입고 있으며, 새로운 디지털 산업 기술의 등장이 업계에 긍정적인 영향을 미치고 있습니다.
제조업은 여전히 경제 성장, 사회적 부, 생활수준 향상의 주요 원동력입니다. 동시에 제조업은 수많은 비즈니스에서 비용을 낮추기 위한 노력에 주력하고 있으며, 이것이 세계 HMI 시장 성장을 촉진하고 있습니다.
세계의 HMI(Human Machine Interface) 시장을 조사했으며, 세계 시장 개요, 제품·최종사용자 산업·지역별 상세 동향, 시장 규모 추이 및 예측, 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인, 시장 기회 분석, 기술 개요, 주요 기업 프로파일 등의 체계적인 정보를 전해드립니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제4장 시장 역학
- 시장 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인 및 저해요인 개요
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 인더스트리 4.0으로의 마이그레이션과 사물인터넷(IoT) 채용
- 제조 공정 개발에 대한 관심 증대
- 시장 성장 저해요인
- 업계의 매력 - Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 신규 진출기업의 위협
- 구매자/소비자의 교섭력
- 공급업체의 협상력
- 대체품의 위협
- 업계 내 경쟁
- 밸류체인/공급망 분석
제5장 시장 세분화
- 제품 유형별
- 음식 및 음료
- 석유 및 가스
- 금속 및 광업
- 기타 최종사용자
- 중동 및 아프리카
제6장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- ABB Ltd
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric Co.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Eaton Corporation
제7장 투자 분석
제8장 시장 기회 및 향후 동향
The global human machine interface market was valued at USD 3.71 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 7.24 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.3%, over the forecast period (2021-2026). Features, such as alarm warnings, safe messaging, and improved internal communications, are expected to provide an advantage to a facility regarding security, operations, and production. Newer HMI is expected to reduce operation costs by substituting traditional push buttons, indicator lights, and selectors and lowering the requirement of additional display panels and cables and further enhancing monitoring of the machines.
- The significance of user interfaces has become increasingly clear over the past years. Apple's products, such as iPod or iPhone, are iconic examples of the way intuitive user interfaces have entirely changed the perception of particular product types. The success of Apple's products and other consumer-oriented merchandise clearly shows that standard aesthetics products, graphics, and environment significantly contribute to brand distinction and consistent customer experiences. Many industrial corporations have arrived at the same conclusion and are starting to focus more on the quality of user interfaces in their products. Higher levels of functionality and interactions embedded in the HMI and increasing need of users, such as multi-touchscreens and high-quality displays, are expected to drive the market growth.
- Also, HMI is used in various avenues, including manufacturing plants, vending machines, the food and beverage industry, pharmaceuticals, and other utilities. HMIs, in combination with PLCs, are the mainstay of the production line in these industries. The integration of the HMI into manufacturing has vastly improved operations. The HMI enables for supervisory control and data acquisition in the entire system, so parameter changes are feasible as the operator's choosing. For example, in the manufacturing of metals, HMI might control the method and speed at which a metal is cut and folded. HMI offers improved stock control and replenishment, so fewer trips are required out to vendors.
- Also, IoT is a dominating trend with industrial and consumer products being connected via the internet. According to the World Bank, the number of IoT connected devices rose to 20.35 billion in 2017 from 15.41 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach 51.11 billion devices by 2023. The need for HMIs to become more sophisticated is increasing to operate these increasing numbers of connected devices. Also, the rise of Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) has made this more accessible, as it has become easier to turn smartphones into a form of mobile HMI, and technologies, such as smartwatches, has made HMI wearable, increasing its accessibility and ease of use.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is expected to influence the global industrial spending significantly over the coming years, as the non-operational status of various industries deemed non-essential by governments across the world are facing huge losses, which is expected to influence their tech spending till the end of 2021 (assumptions are based on the current pandemic scenario).
- The automotive industry, which was already facing a slump in sales during 2019, is expected to observe the continued drop in sales until the end of 2020. This is expected to significantly influence the production facilities spending on technological upgrades involving HMI to enhance the production capacities.
Key Market Trends
Automotive is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- The automotive sector finds significant HMI applications among various end-user industries. The presence of some leading manufacturers, along with the increase in consumption, drives the market value globally. For instance, registrations of alternatively-powered cars in the European Union incurred a steady growth of about 46.2%. By July 2019, 110,630 electrically-chargeable vehicles (ECV) were registered, which is 51.8% more than that in 2018. Nowadays, vehicles are equipped with multiple HMI systems that require several device-specific operating systems to work in unison.
- In September 2019, DENSO Corporation and BlackBerry Limited launched the first integrated Human Machine Interface (HMI) digital cockpit system with BlackBerry QNX technology that has shipped in the primary vehicles by leading Japanese automotive manufacturer, SUBARU. The technology which is named as DENSO 'Harmony CoreTM', will be available first in the United States from Autumn 2019 in the all-new 2020 SUBARU Legacy and Outback (U.S. model). This blend of advanced software and human interaction creates a seamless automotive user experience as the usage of data-driven connected vehicles is rising.
- In January 2020, DENSO Corporation and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., formed a partnership for developing next-generation cockpit systems. In recent years, the amount of information provided by a vehicle to the driver has increased due to advanced driver assistance functions using cameras and sensors and various entertainment functions. With these opportunities for vehicle-driver communication, human-machine interfaces play a crucial role in providing updates to drivers swiftly, productively and safely, and in a way that does not cause distraction. It is a process made possible by multiple HMI products working simultaneously, such as the instrument cluster, in-vehicle multimedia, and Head-Up Display.
- In January 2020, Continental announced that it had developed an efficient solution for human-machine interaction (HMI), specially designed for autonomous vehicles. The concept also helps the user to plan the next course of their journey and provide relevant information about social events. This solution was developed in the CUbE, Continental's development platform for driverless technologies. Autonomous shuttle buses or Robo-taxis currently being tested along predetermined routes will pave the way for tomorrow's driverless vehicles, which will smoothly navigate complex traffic scenarios. But before they become mainstream on urban roads, Robo-taxis must gain wide-ranging user acceptance and trust.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Fastest Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a higher growth rate, compared to other regions, because of the increase in disposable income and an increase in population. In this region, China and Japan are considered to be the manufacturing hubs of the pieces of equipment required for the human interface machine. Also, in India, manufacturing has emerged as one of the high-growth sectors. 'Make in India' initiative places India on the global map as a manufacturing hub and gives significant recognition to the Indian economy. According to the Indian Brand Equity Foundation, India's manufacturing sector is expected to reach USD 1 trillion by 2025, and India is expected to rank one among the top three growth economies and manufacturing countries of the world by the year 2020.
- In January 2020, Zhejiang University announced the success of China's first brain-computer interface (BCI) implant. A man surnamed Zhang has wholly paralyzed in a car accident two years ago, but the human-machine interface technology has helped him do what he couldn't before. The brain-machine interface provides a new communication and control pathway between the brain and other devices, which includes artificial limbs. Thus, brain signals can control the external devices by computer interpretation if the spinal cord and neuronal pathways are damaged, but the cerebral cortex is still functional. The implantation was jointly completed by Zhejiang University and the Second Affiliated Hospital Zhejiang University School of Medicine.
- In December 2019, Cerence Inc. introduced Cerence ARK (AI Reference Kit). This new, turnkey automotive product enables Chinese automakers to quickly develop, deploy, and manage a fully localized automotive voice assistant. Utilizing the company's deep expertise in Chinese speech recognition and automotive Artificial Intelligence, ARK provides a human-machine interface with advanced voice-based AI capabilities for significant automotive platforms and operating systems. ARK requires limited customization, which can drastically reduce time to market and delivers value quite fastly which is critical for automakers and suppliers, who are required to innovate at a faster speed to meet consumer demand for voice assistants and to gain a competitive edge.
- Bosch which is one of the primary automotive and industrial technology provider has announced that India is one of the major countries in the adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the Asia Pacific region, and the domain of industrial IoT (IIoT) solutions is expected to lead this change. When it comes to intelligent manufacturing, which is also known as cyber-connected manufacturing systems or Industry 4.0 technology, Bosch India mainly focuses on offering software solutions with a comprehensive human machine interface (HMI) and user experience. The company mentioned that India's manufacturing sector is witnessing a transformational phase with smart manufacturing, gaining increasing ground in the scheme of regional business operations.
The intensity of competitive rivalry in this market is high, due to large-scale companies, such as ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Rockwell Automation Inc., Honeywell International Inc., and Schneider Electric SE. Changing operational and business needs have actuated supported advancements with regards to HMI innovation. Evolved forms of HMI, such as high-performance HMIs, touch screens, and mobile devices, along with more traditional models, are available in the market. The players in this industry are continually developing a new product portfolio to gain competitive advantages with mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and constant innovations.
- February 2020 - ABB Power Grids has announced the introduction of MicroSCADA X, the industry-acclaimed power and automation control solution, to customers in India. The new version provides a unified experience, giving utilities and businesses one vision of their power networks. MicroSCADA X features a next-generation human-machine interface (HMI), enabling an intuitive and adaptive experience that provides clear and simplified insights into customers' power infrastructure.
- February 2020 - Rockwell Automation, Inc. has signed an agreement to acquire Italy-based ASEM, S.p.A., which engages in the development of digital automation technologies. ASEM provides a wide range of Human-Machine Interface (HMI) hardware and software, remote access capabilities, and secure Industrial IoT gateway solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview (includes impact of COVID-19 on the market)
- 4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.4 Technology Snapshot
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Shift toward Industry 4.0 and Adoption of IoT
- 5.1.2 Increasing Focus on Developing Manufacturing Processes
- 5.2 Market Restraints
- 5.2.1 Higher Initial Cost and Lack of Skilled Operators
6 INDUSTRY POLICIES
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 By Type of Offering
- 7.1.1 Hardware
- 7.1.2 Software
- 7.1.3 Services
- 7.2 By End User Industry
- 7.2.1 Automotive
- 7.2.2 Food and Beverage
- 7.2.3 Packaging
- 7.2.4 Pharmaceutical
- 7.2.5 Oil and Gas
- 7.2.6 Metal and Mining
- 7.2.7 Other End Users
- 7.3 Geography
- 7.3.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 7.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 7.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 7.3.4 Latin America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
- 7.3.5 Middle East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 Company Profiles
- 8.1.1 ABB Ltd
- 8.1.2 Honeywell International Inc.
- 8.1.3 Rockwell Automation Inc.
- 8.1.4 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- 8.1.5 Schneider Electric SE
- 8.1.6 Emerson Electric Co.
- 8.1.7 General Electric Co.
- 8.1.8 Texas Instruments Inc.
- 8.1.9 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- 8.1.10 Siemens AG
- 8.1.11 Robert Bosch GmbH
- 8.1.12 Eaton Corporation
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET