The APAC landing gear and undercarriage market is expected to grow significantly but the top spot is still held by the North American Region. The overall market is expected to grow steadily at a CAGR of 5.1% and is expected to cross USD 5.3 billion by 2023.
The landing gears system encompasses all structural and subsystem elements. Structural elements include shock struts, braces, fittings, pins, wheels, tires and brakes. The subsystem elements include the retraction/extension system (both normal and alternate), the steering system, the braking system (both normal and alternate, manual and automatic), the indication systems and control systems (mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic).
The market is primarily driven by the increasing number of aircraft orders and air traffic in the emerging world. Low Maintenance components are the need of the hour as aircraft MRO takes a major chunk of the airlines expenses.
Growing Number of Aircraft Passengers
The market for Aircraft Landing Gear and Undercarriage Industry is expected to be profoundly influenced by the growing demand by the sale of the aircrafts. In 2017, Circor Aerospace reported a revenue of USD 1.6 million for third quarter from the Aircraft Landing Gear and Undercarriage Industry. The Global Commercial Aircraft Landing Gear is expanding rapidly. As, there is an improvement in the technologically the advanced control systems are now generally replacing with the manually-controlled hydraulic.
The Bombardier's primary market is into business jets and small commercial aircrafts. The Airbus Company, situated in Europe, is also the number one spot for commercial aircraft OEMs. Brazil's Embraer is also in the league for the long-range small aircraft OEMs, fighting for the third spot in the world. Under the intense competition between aircraft OEMs, the demand for landing gear at OEMs is viably fast-growing and profitable. The need for tires of undercarriage wheels would also be relatively high for passenger and cargo aircraft aftersales market.
On an average, a typical size passenger commercial aircraft uses three landing gears with six tires, but the larger aircrafts such as wide body and large body aircraft may have more than two undercarriage or main landing gear, with more than four pairs of wheels. For, the Airbus A-380 it uses four sets of main landing gears and has 18 wheels. The market is very much feasible for the large body aircraft which are having more than three landing gears. But the cost of manufacturing gears for these aircrafts increases due to the higher use of titanium alloys, instead of steel and other materials, to support the structural weight of aircraft and to reduce the burden of the aircraft gears.
The global industry is transforming according to the change in the global economy. However, several challenges, such as increasing energy costs, expensive raw materials, and the US dollar (USD) inflation, are expected to challenge the industry growth in the future. In an effort to overcome these obstacles, various players across the value chain, from OEMs to component & raw material suppliers, have started developing new business processes to benefit from the rapid globalization of the industry.
As the demand for the Aircraft Landing Gear and Undercarriage is directly related to the passenger growth, the more passenger in the market, higher is the demand for Commercial Aircraft Landing Gears.
Key Players: CIRCOR Aerospace, Eaton Corporation, Honeywell Aerospace and among others.
March 2018: Approximately 97 % of jobs in the U.S. aluminum industry is used to reside in post-primary production, value-added industries like aerospace and defence. Titanium alloys material is used in components and structures like landing gear and to support the structural growth of the aircrafts.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analysing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- Detailed analysis on the segment that is expected to register the highest growth rate
- Study on the region and country that are expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet in Excel
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Analysis Methodology
- 2.3 Research Assumptions
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
- 4.1 Current Market Scenario
- 4.2 Technological Developments
- 4.3 Investment Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Framework
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Drivers
- 5.2 Restraints
- 5.3 Opportunities
6. GLOBAL AIRCRAFT LANDING GEARS AND UNDERCARRIAGE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY AIRCRAFT TYPE
- 6.1 Narrow-body
- 6.2 Wide-body
- 6.3 Very Large-body
7. GLOBAL AIRCRAFT LANDING GEARS AND UNDERCARRIAGE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY GEAR POSITION
- 7.1 Nose
- 7.2 Under Carriage
8. GLOBAL AIRCRAFT LANDING GEARS AND UNDERCARRIAGE MARKET, SEGMENTED BY GEOGRAPHY
- 8.1 North America
- 8.1.1 US
- 8.1.2 Canada
- 8.1.3 Mexico
- 8.1.4 Others
- 8.2 South America
- 8.2.1 Brazil
- 8.2.2 Argentina
- 8.2.3 Others
- 8.3 Asia-Pacific
- 8.3.1 China
- 8.3.2 Japan
- 8.3.3 India
- 8.3.4 Others
- 8.4 Europe
- 8.4.1 United Kingdom
- 8.4.2 Germany
- 8.4.3 France
- 8.4.4 Others
- 8.5 Middle East & Africa
- 8.5.1 United Arab Emirates
- 8.5.2 South Africa
- 8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
- 8.5.4 Israel
- 8.5.5 Others
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 Market Share Analysis
- 9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
- 10.1 Circor Aerospace
- 10.2 Heroux-Devtek
- 10.3 Liebherr Group
- 10.4 Messier-Bugatti-Dowty
- 10.5 UTC Aerospace Systems
- 10.6 AAR
- 10.7 Honeywell Aerospace
- 10.8 Magellan Aerospace
- 10.9 Merrill Technologies Group
- 10.10 SPP Canada Aircraft
- 10.11 Triumph Group
- 10.12 Whippany Actuation Systems