Globally, diabetic footwear market is witnessing significant growth rate owning to increasing awareness among diabetic patients about use of diabetic footwear. According to the World Health Organization, around 27% of diabetics at risk are exposed to the peripheral neuropathies and more than 50% of those have injuries in the legs; even confiscation that effect convening a high mortality rate across globe. Customized and specially designed diabetic shoes with specific key features such as comfort, raw material etc. are becoming popular among the diabetic patients across the globe as it helps in minimizing the risk of skin breakdown in diabetic patients with pre-existing food disease.
The global diabetic footwear market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023.
Product Innovation to Drive the Growth of Diabetic Footwear Market
Diabetic which cause poor control over blood sugar can damage many parts of the body, including the nerves and vessels of feet. Due to this reason, consumers suffering from diabetes have high risk of developing foot problems which is influencing the sales of diabetic footwear across globe. Increasing recommendation by doctor to use specially designed shoes which can help reduce risk and promote healthy circulation in feet is also supporting the market growth of diabetic footwear. Increasing innovation activities by key players to develop customized and fashionable diabetic footwear to meet up with the recent fashion trend, primarily coming from the woman population is playing important role in the growth of the market.
Diabetic Shoes to Continue Dominating the Diabetic Footwear Market
The diabetic footwear market is led by the diabetic shoes segment as diabetic shoes provides maximum comfort for diabetic patients compared to sandals and slippers. Availability of various type of diabetic care devices in the market is also supporting the increasing sales of diabetic shoes. Major players in diabetic shoes are progressively focusing on improvement of the online shopping experience through various strategies such as targeted marketing and effective online education to encourage diabetic patients to purchase diabetic footwear through online platforms. The presence of effective online platform by key players and rising internet penetration is encouraging consumers to buy diabetic shoe online along with other diabetic devices/products.
Increased Spending on Diabetes Treatment Driving the Diabetic Footwear Market growth in Asia-Pacific
Asia-Pacific region is likely to witness significant market share over the forecast period due to increased spending on diabetic treatment including diabetic footwear in the region. Many key players are investing in Asia-Pacific region as the dominance of type 2 diabetes shows a wide range across adult populations from approximately 2% in the Peoples' Republic of China. The rise in geriatric population along with launch of improved diabetic footwear is expected to boost the growth of the diabetic footwear market in North America. Growing awareness among diabetic patients in the US (as per American Diabetes Association ) is further supporting the market growth in North America supported by substantial investment in health and wellness.
Key Developments in the Diabetic Footwear Market
Jun 2018: According to new Promoting Access to Diabetic Shoes Act, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are allowed to certify diabetes patients' need for therapeutic shoes which will drive the sales of diabetic shoes in United States.
Jan 2018: Mobile textile company Sensoria Health (an independent strategic partnership between Sensoria Fitness and Genesis Rehab Services) and diabetic mobility garment maker Optima Molliter are collaborating on a smart footwear product capable of measuring diabetes patients' compliance to prescribed mechanical offloading protocols.
Diabetic Footwear Market Competitive Landscape
Diabetic Footwear Market Major Key Players are- American Aetrex Worldwide, Inc, Darco International, Inc, Orthofeet, Inc, Dr. Comfort, Llc, Podartis Srl, Dr. Zen Products, Inc, Etonic Worldwide Llc, Hanger, Inc, Drew Shoe Corp, Hush Puppies Retail, Inc, Propet Usa, Inc, And New Balance, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase Diabetic Footwear Market Report
Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter's five forces analysis
Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel
Customization of Diabetic Footwear Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of Study
- 1.2 Study Deliverables
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
- 1.4 Research Phases
2. DIABETIC FOOTWEAR MARKET INSIGHTS
- 2.1 Market Overview
- 2.2 Market Trends
- 2.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. DIABETIC FOOTWEAR MARKET DYNAMICS
- 3.1 Drivers
- 3.2 Restraints
- 3.3 Opportunities
4. DIABETIC FOOTWEAR MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 4.1 Footwear Type
- 4.1.1 Shoes
- 4.1.2 Sandals
- 4.1.3 Slippers
- 4.2 End User
- 4.3 Distribution Channel
- 4.3.1 Store based
- 22.214.171.124 Supermarkets/Hypermarket
- 126.96.36.199 Footwear Stores
- 188.8.131.52 Specialty Stores
- 184.108.40.206 E-commerce
- 220.127.116.11 Others
5. DIABETIC FOOTWEAR MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- 5.1 North America Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.1 US Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.2 Canada Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.3 Mexico Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.1.4 Rest of North America
- 5.2 Europe Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.1 Spain Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.2 UK Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.3 Germany Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.4 France Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.5 Italy Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.6 Russia Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.2.7 Rest of Europe
- 5.3 Asia-Pacific Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.1 China Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.2 Japan Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.3 India Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.4 Australia Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4 South America Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.1 Brazil Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.2 Argentina Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.4.3 Rest of South America
- 5.5 Middle East & Africa Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.1 South Africa Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.2 Saudi Arabia Diabetic Footwear Market (2018 - 2023)
- 5.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. DIABETIC FOOTWEAR MARKET COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Most Active Companies
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. COMPANY PROFILES
- 7.1 Aetrex Worldwide, Inc.
- 7.2 DARCO International, Inc.
- 7.3 Orthofeet, Inc.
- 7.4 Dr. Comfort, LLC
- 7.5 PODartis srl
- 7.6 Dr. Zen Products, Inc.
- 7.7 Etonic Worldwide LLC
- 7.8 Hanger, Inc.
- 7.9 Drew Shoe Corp
- 7.10 Hush Puppies Retail, Inc.
- 7.11 Propet USA, Inc.
- 7.12 New Balance, Inc.