The commercial helicopters market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of above 2% during the forecast period.
- The increase in the usage of helicopters in different areas, like tourism, medical and emergency rescue services, transportation, and offshore helicopter services has fuelled the demand for the commercial helicopters market.
- The replacement of aging commercial helicopters is expected to support the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Development of new models of helicopters by the key market players with advanced equipment for enhanced situational awareness is expected to help the companies maintain their market position.
Scope of the Report
The study of the commercial helicopter market includes the developments and procurement of new helicopters used in civil and commercial sectors. It includes all the helicopters used for offshore gas & oil exploration, government and VIP transport, HEMS, firefighting and search and rescue operations.
Key Market Trends
Medium Helicopters Segment to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
Medium Helicopters segment of the market currently has the highest market share and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. These helicopters generally have multi-mission capabilities and are suited for lifting operations in rigid environments, including helicopter logging, ski-lift installations, power line construction, and logistical support for remote construction sites. Also, the increasing use of helicopters in the field of fire fighting is another major driving factor for the growth of medium helicopters segment during the forecast period. The leading players are introducing new fire fighting variants of their military medium-lift helicopters due to the growing demand for fire fighting helicopters.
Asia-Pacific Region to Experience the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to have the highest growth during the forecast period. The region has witnessed a growth of 4.6% increase in the fleet of the helicopter, with 150 new deliveries registered in 2018 compared to the previous year. The replacement of the aging fleet of helicopters is one of the major driving factors of the commercial helicopter market in this region. For instance, the average fleet age of helicopters in Australia and New Zealand is about over 25 years and 27 years respectively. To ensure operational safety in these countries, their fleet has to be replaced with new and better helicopters. Also, support from the government in China for general aviation has boosted the growth of fleet in China with 73 new deliveries. Such a positive outlook of the region is anticipated to allow the region to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The prominent players in the market of commercial helicopters are Airbus SE, Robinson Helicopter Company, Textron Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., and Russian Helicopters. The key players are investing in research and development for manufacturing new types of helicopters integrated with new technologies. For instance, Bell presented futuristic helicopter concept, FCX-001 with morphing main rotor blade tips, a fan-driven anti-torque system, hybridized propulsion, extensive use of glass in the fuselage, gull-wing doors, and the use of augmented reality in the cockpit to control the aircraft. Similarly, MD Helicopters is currently developing MD 6XX, a next-generation helicopter with Genesys Aerosystems IDU-680 cockpit avionics setup, made of glass and Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) capability. This helicopter is expected to be into the market between 2019 and 2020. With such new and advanced helicopter concepts taking shape in the coming years, the competition in the market is expected to be tough.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Maximum Take-off Weight
- 5.1.1 Light Helicopters
- 5.1.2 Medium Helicopters
- 5.1.3 Heavy Helicopters
- 5.2 Number of Engines
- 5.2.1 Single-engine
- 5.2.2 Multi-engine
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 5.3.2 Latin America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 Egypt
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Airbus SE
- 6.4.2 Textron Inc.
- 6.4.3 Enstrom Helicopter Corp.
- 6.4.4 Leonardo S.p.A.
- 6.4.5 MD Helicopters
- 6.4.6 Robinson Helicopter Company
- 6.4.7 Russian Helicopters
- 6.4.8 Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 6.4.9 Kaman Corporation
- 6.4.10 AVIC
- 6.4.11 Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS