The US modular furniture market was estimated at USD 6.7 billion in 2019, and it is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period. The comfortable and smart kitchens are getting more recognition in the home improvement and home decor category to enhance functionality and decorative side of the kitchen.
The US modular kitchen market is growing owing to the rising demand for a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. The other factors driving the market are modern Kitchen appliances, rising residential construction, and rising partnerships between property dealers and modular kitchen manufacturers in the market.
Consumers in the market prefer customized modular kitchens with aesthetic designs, different colors, textures, and advanced features such as smart technology-driven operations in the kitchen, touch solutions, and luxury cooking spaces while performing kitchen activities. They are also looking kitchen as a place for socializing, relaxation, and shaping their recreation. The colored kitchen cabinets and countertops in modular kitchens are gaining popularity in the United States Modular kitchen market.
Key Market Trends
U-Shaped Kitchens are the most Preferred Modular Kitchen Designs in the United States
U- Shaped kitchen designs are the most preferred kitchen styles in the United States modular kitchen market. The key factor propelling the demand for U-shaped design is an increase in the purchasing power of the consumers in the United States, coupled with growing partnerships between manufacturers and real estate developers in the market.
Consumers prefer the U-shaped design of the kitchen because they offer ample storage from all sides and also offer an uninterrupted range of countertops. It offers maximum wall space for kitchen cabinets and appliances from all the sides. Accessibility to any part of the kitchen is possible with the least effort in the U-Shaped kitchen.
Floor cabinets and Wall Cabinets dominated the United States market
The US modular kitchen market offers spectacular kitchen cabinets design. Floor cabinets and wall cabinets segment by-products dominated the US market. This is mainly attributable to the use of floor and wall cabinets in contemporary modular kitchen markets. These cabinets are preferred as they can be placed anywhere, and consumers can store daily consumable items in the spaces.
The US market is a mature market and is moderately consolidated, dominated by the large players offering a wide range of products in the market at competitive prices. For instance, Hafele America is one of the leading American players in the market, having a strong presence in the market and serve both residential and commercial spaces.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 Analysis Methodology
- 2.2 Research Phases
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 PESTLE Analysis
- 4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Insights on Consumer Buying Behavior in the Market
- 4.8 Insights on Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- 4.9 Insights on Raw Material (Wood, Plastic, Metal, Others) Used for Building Modular Kitchens
- 4.10 Insights on Government Regulations in the Market
- 4.11 Insights on Technological Disruptions in the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Design
- 5.1.1 L Shape
- 5.1.2 U Shape
- 5.1.3 Straight
- 5.1.4 Other Designs
- 5.2 By Product
- 5.2.1 Floor Cabinet and Wall Cabinets
- 5.2.2 Tall Storage Cabinets
- 5.2.3 Other Products
- 5.3 By Distribution Channel
- 5.3.1 Offline (Contractors, Builders, etc.)
- 5.3.2 Online
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Market Concentration Overview
- 6.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 IKEA US
- 6.3.2 Hafele America Co.
- 6.3.3 Boston Cabinets Inc.
- 6.3.4 Lineadecor USA LLC
- 6.3.5 Hettich America LP
- 6.3.6 Eggersmann USA
- 6.3.7 Pedini USA
- 6.3.8 Snaidero USA
- 6.3.9 Hacker Greenwich
- 6.3.10 SieMatic Mobelwerke USA
- 6.3.11 Others ( Bulthaup, Veneta Cucine, Schuler)
7 FUTURE AND OPPORTUNITIES IN THE MARKET