The land-based C4ISR market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The rise of geopolitical tensions and extremist activities has driven the induction of C4ISR systems, as global defense forces sought ways to adopt various integrated solutions to promote the interoperability of military assets while enhancing their asymmetric warfare capabilities.
- The rapid growth in the demand for C4ISR systems is driven by initiatives to develop geospatial intelligence, unmanned ground vehicle (UGV's), land-based C2, and ISR systems to enhance the situational awareness of deployed forces and gain a tactical advantage on the battlefield.
- The rapid modernization of the threat perception capabilities of the defense forces in the Asia-Pacific is anticipated to drive the demand for land-based C4ISR systems, and it is expected
Key Market Trends
C4 Systems Segment recorded the Highest Market Share in 2019
The scope of deployment of land-based C4ISR systems in modern warfare has witnessed a multifold growth due to the realization of the potential tactical supremacy offered by such systems in modern conflicts, such as the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. C4 systems accounted for the largest market share in 2019, and the segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Macroeconomic factors, such as enhanced defense expenditure and induction of sophisticated systems as part of military modernization programs by countries, such as Brazil, China, India, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States, are expected to bolster the growth prospects of the market in focus. For instance, ongoing territorial conflicts necessitate the procurement of armored vehicles and ground force equipment, which, in turn, is expected to generate more demand for better and advanced tactical communication links, along with land-based electronic warfare equipment and systems. Hence, investments in such technologies are anticipated to propel the growth of the segment in the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
Countries in Asia-Pacific are undergoing a radical transformation driven by the rapid modernization of the defense forces. China and India are taking huge strides toward strengthening the current capabilities of their defense forces and are thereby expending significant financial and other resources to empower and integrate their army with modern technologies, including land-based C4ISR systems. For instance, China continues to place a high priority on modernizing the PLA's command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) system as a response to trends in modern warfare that emphasize the importance of rapid decision making and information sharing and processing. The PLA is seeking to improve its technological capabilities and organizational structure to command complex joint operations in near and distant battlefields with increasingly sophisticated weaponry. The PLA is currently fielding advanced automated command systems, such as its Integrated Command Platform, with units at lower echelons across the force. Similar programs have been undertaken by other armed forces in the region, thereby driving the market in focus during the forecast period.
The prominent players in Land-based C4ISR Market are Elbit Systems Ltd, BAE Systems PLC, Saab AB, Thales Group, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and Northrop Grumman Corporation. However, several other manufacturers provide C4ISR solutions for the land platform. Technological advancement in C4ISR systems and the demand for multi-functional systems are propelling the investments of the manufacturers in the research and development of cost-effective solutions. Favorable government policies and the existing global security scenario is fostering strategic collaboration between regional and global market players to merge their technological prowess and jointly develop sophisticated land-based C4ISR systems. Consolidation of the market may occur during the forecast period on account of joint ventures (JVs) and mergers and acquisitions (M&As). For instance, ThalesRaytheonSystems, a JV between the Thales Group and Raytheon Company, has been combining technologies to develop superior ISR systems and gain a competitive advantage over the other market players. However, with the rapid modernization of technology, the competitive advantage may be short-lived as other players would surely develop products with similar or even superior capabilities.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 C4 Systems
- 5.1.2 ISR
- 5.1.3 Electronic Warfare
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Russia
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Thales Group
- 6.2.2 Saab AB
- 6.2.3 Elbit Systems Ltd
- 6.2.4 Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 6.2.5 Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 6.2.6 BAE Systems PLC
- 6.2.7 CACI International Inc.
- 6.2.8 Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc.
- 6.2.9 Sabre Systems Inc.
- 6.2.10 L3Harris Corporation Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS